Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Ibra Sekajja made his debut away at Enfield yesterday.

Another Palace old boy, Quade Taylor, should also have made what would have been his 2nd debut but was injured in the warm-up.

A decent 2-2 draw. Away to Lowestoft on Tuesday, home to Bognor on Saturday.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:40 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just to say that I won't be doing hot dogs at DHFC anymore. The club moved me to the far corner of the ground this season, which is twice as much work as I had to lug a full street food set up half way round the ground. But where they put me meant I was all but invisible to the main stand, so as a result my revenue has dropped by about 50%. To add injury to insult they put my pitch fees up by unto 400%. I tried to argue my case to the new general manager at the club on a number of occasions, but he really wasn't interested. In fact he was down right rude & insulting, so I told him where to stick it.
There has been some great things going on at DHFC the 3 years I've been doing hot dogs there, but the new management seem hell bent on ruining a lot of the good feeling about the club. The new order of the day is all about maximising income everywhere they can. Which considering the gates they get at the level they are at seems a little short sighted. I wish the team all the best & hope they go onto win the promotion the fans truly deserve. The new general manager at the club on the other hand ........
Old 24-10-2016, 08:09 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Anybody watching SAS:Who Dares Wins on Channel4 now, Dulwich's captain Marc Weatherstone is/was one of the contestants. He could have been eliminated by now for all I know. It was recorded before he signed in the Summer apparently.
Old 24-10-2016, 08:14 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufski13 View Post
Just to say that I won't be doing hot dogs at DHFC anymore...
Sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed them but I never got to try one of the elusive cheese-filled ones. I hope your pitch doesn't get taken by those bloody Scandinavian meatball people; it's things like that that give Hamlet a bad reputation.
Old 24-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just to say that I won't be doing hot dogs at DHFC anymore. The club moved me to the far corner of the ground this season, which is twice as much work as I had to lug a full street food set up half way round the ground. But where they put me meant I was all but invisible to the main stand, so as a result my revenue has dropped by about 50%. To add injury to insult they put my pitch fees up by unto 400%. I tried to argue my case to the new general manager at the club on a number of occasions, but he really wasn't interested. In fact he was down right rude & insulting, so I told him where to stick it.
There has been some great things going on at DHFC the 3 years I've been doing hot dogs there, but the new management seem hell bent on ruining a lot of the good feeling about the club. The new order of the day is all about maximising income everywhere they can. Which considering the gates they get at the level they are at seems a little short sighted. I wish the team all the best & hope they go onto win the promotion the fans truly deserve. The new general manager at the club on the other hand ........
Sad to hear that Dufski….the Thai alternative is truly mingin'
Old 31-10-2016, 05:01 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Serves you right for telling me the Swansea Palace score one afternoon when I was trying to avoid it.

Seriously though, I'm saddened to hear this. Not just because of the tasty sausages. It doesn't ring true with what is the ethos of the club. If corporate bullshit is the path thay are going to follow, they will lose 50% of the fanbase in a heartbeat.

Who is the 'general manager' these days? I know Liam (Hickey) is the new chairman - I've always found him to be affable and helpful, though somewhat scarred by Hamlet's near death experience a few seasons ago (which might explain the eagerness to extract cash from the club's operations)?
Old 28-11-2016, 10:20 PM

A good month for home Hamlet matches that don't clash with Palace coming up starting tomorrow. All at Champion Hill and in the Rymans Premier League except the one noted.

Tue 29th Nov: Metropolitan Police
Tue 6th Dec: Staines Town
Sat 10th Dec: Royston Town or Hampton & Richmond (FA Trophy)
Sat 17th Dec: Tonbridge Angels
Sat 31st Dec: Wingate & Finchley
Mon 2nd Jan: Hendon

(10th Dec, Palace are at Hull and 17th Dec, Palace v Chelsea is 12:30 ko so you can just about make both)

Come along and check out whether or not some of this To view the link you have to Register or Login is fair.

Hamlet are on a decent run after a slow start and currently occupy a play-off place, 6 points behind leaders Havant & Waterlooville at the top but having played 2 more games. Staines and Tonbridge are the toughest opponents, both being within a couple of places below. All the others are in the bottom half so it's a good chance to close the gap in theory although Dulwich have recently shown Palace-esque tendancies by regularly losing to the worst teams in the league.

You can check out Palace alumni Michael Chambers & Ibra Sekajja (the latter with a trademark back-flipping goal celebration routine that puts Victor Moses' to shame). Quade Taylor & Kieran Djilali are also in the squad but are currently out of favour.

Beards, yummy-mummies and designer dogs are encouraged but not mandatory. Half-price admission for students, the unemployed, serving military, NHS employees, trade union members, asylum seekers and the gender conflicted. (I made the last 3 up but give it time. The rest are legit.)

See you tomorrow.
Old 28-11-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
You can check out Palace alumni Michael Chambers & Ibra Sekajja (the latter with a trademark back-flipping goal celebration routine that puts Victor Moses' to shame).

Here it is in action. Except it's now performed to a backdrop of cheerful hipsters rather than moody huns.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:17 PM

Anybody else go today and can shed some light on what went on at the end? Virtually every player and most of the benches were involved in a brawl (well, handbags really) which resulted in 2 red cards and most of one team's bench being sent to the stand. It took an age to sort out with all 4 officials having a conference amongst themselves and seemingly picking players almost at random to book or send off. No idea what caused it.

Good game. 2-2 from 0-2 down.
Old 28-12-2016, 11:31 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Dulwich sticking stubbornly around the play-off places, but realistically will be pushed out by teams below which have several (!) games in hand. Going to need a strong push in the remaining 20 matches to try and secure one of those top 5 berths.

Welcome FA trophy distraction continues - away to Whitehawk on Jan 14th. They're knocking around the lower mid reaches of the league above, so we're in with a chance of making the last 16.
Old 30-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Two beers from Selhurst

Streathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Am hoping Dulwich stay down and Tooting get promoted, for the derby games. But on the other hand I wonder if it's better that doesn't happen, given the fact Dulwich can bring hundreds of fans to Imperial Fields, and we can take about 10 to Champion Hill...
Old 14-01-2017, 06:31 PM

Excellent 4-1 win in the 2nd Round of the FA Trophy at Brighton Lite aka Whitehawk and into the last 16. Several recent league teams in the draw; Tranmere, Lincoln, York & Stockport. One of them at home would be good. Possible local derbies against Sutton or Welling (shame Bromley didn't make it). Draw on Monday.
Old 16-01-2017, 04:43 PM

Away to Braintree Town. About as shit a draw imaginable.
Old 16-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPinkie Brown came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Still contemplating going to this instead of Sunderland!
Old 16-01-2017, 04:59 PM

There were a few potential ties that might have tempted me too. This is not one of them.
Old 16-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
There were a few potential ties that might have tempted me too. This is not one of them.
Likewise. I think I'll just go to the replay
Old 19-01-2017, 10:08 AM
100% behind SP

Could upset the apple cart at Braintree. They're struggling in the lower part of the Conference.....

I see Champion Hill made the NLP groundhopper section recently;

Quote:
On the final day of a relentlessly grim 2016, to cheer myself up, I suggest to The Fox we pay a visit to The NLP's Community Club of the Year, Dulwich Hamlet.

At the arse-end of a year which saw a majority of people in England and Wales demonstrate a backward-looking, inherently xenophobic, ill-informed, anti-science, soundbite-led and basically selfish mentality, it will be good to mix with a more enlightened bunch of people in the form of vociferous anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-fascist inclusive supporters.

Jane SatNav is duly programmed and we are soon winging our way to the Champion Hill Stadium in south London. I have no idea where we are going, but it is a lovely drive past houses that wouldn't look out of place in a Dickensian period drama; ancient front doors all bedecked in traditional Christmas wreaths.

We pull into the club car park very early for the 1pm kick off. We left plenty of time for the potentially tricky journey but traffic had been very light, even in central London. While waiting, The Foxmobile gets a thorough spruce up thanks to the car wash in the club's car park! I am allowed into the ground to take photographs well before the gates are officially open. I chat to several people and without exception, they are all very welcoming.

I make two circuits of the ground to make sure I don't miss any of the numerous stickers decorating the metal posts or the official pink and blue 'graffiti' adorning various walls. My favourite stickers include 'Refugees Welcome', 'Against Modern Football' and many anti-fascist logos from around Europe but the absolute best is 'Football Fans Against The Sun' (newspaper). Where can I get one from?

The programme is a double issue for today's game against Wingate & Finchley and Monday's fixture with Hendon. I am not normally a fan of doubles, but at this time of year it is entirely reasonable. A helpful club official also sorts out a teamsheet for me.

The burgers are expensive (£6) but made of quality meat. There only seems to be one food outlet, which considering the average home crowd of 1,166 seems a bit meagre.

Nearly two thousand pack the stadium today, proving that if you completely strip away the casual sexism and testosterone-fuelled bull-crap surrounding today's modern game, families will come along to enjoy their football.

A decent first half is wrecked by a crowd-silencing second half. I am 'treated' to a penalty save in each half, which puts a depressing dent in my goals-per-game average.

Jane SatNav takes us home past Marble Arch, Butlins Palace, Winter wonderland and various other landmarks preparing for the New Year festivities. Which leads me nicely on to wishing all my readers a very happy, peaceful and, above all, tolerant 2017.

Pre-Match info: 9.5
Welcome: 9.5
Facilities: 7.5
Food: 6.5
Charm: 5
Match: 4.5
Home Team Respect: 9
Fans: 8
Programme: 8.5
Overall Trip: 8
Officials: 9.5

Att: 1,910
Old 20-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;13443169
At the arse-end of a year which saw a majority of people in England and Wales demonstrate a backward-looking, inherently xenophobic, ill-informed, anti-science, soundbite-led and basically selfish mentality, it will be good to mix with a more enlightened bunch of people in the form of vociferous anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic, anti-fascist inclusive supporters.
You couldn't make it up

Dulwich away to Billericay Town tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
Still contemplating going to this instead of Sunderland!
I hope you made the right decision.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Creditable draw away at Braintree Town in the 3rd round of the FA Trophy yesterday.

Replay is on Tuesday evening, kick off at 7.45, usual ticket prices.