Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:47 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24
The best pre-Hamlet pub has now closed I think? Can anyone confirm?

Was also the best place to watch live football in E Dulwich/Peckham/Camberwell.

Hoopers was closed last time I heard. Was going to the Crawley Down match on the 12th but have My Bloody Valentine tickets on that day instead now. Aren't Dulwich in the Ryman cup final?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, I'd heard about Hoopers. Best I could do was the Phoenix which is in Denmark Hill station. There again East Dulwich station was closed. This was a couple of weeks ago.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Farmie
Yes, I'd heard about Hoopers. Best I could do was the Phoenix which is in Denmark Hill station. There again East Dulwich station was closed. This was a couple of weeks ago.
One of my mates has just moved round the corner from Hoopers, so will find out if it reopens. There is also the Hermits Cave in Camberwell (down the road from Denmark Hill station).
Old 07-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Resident Reading fan

Biscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitmen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie
Bump.

3 years in a row they've have a player trial/get a pro deal at a football league/Premier League club

To view the link you have to Register or Login
This lad use to play for Reading, released for not being good enough.

Add that to the list of Charlie Austin, Chris Smalling, Gary Hooper and Conor Wickham who never made the grade at Reading.

Shame.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair
One of my mates has just moved round the corner from Hoopers, so will find out if it reopens. There is also the Hermits Cave in Camberwell (down the road from Denmark Hill station).
The Hermits continues to be one of the best pubs in Camberwell. The Tyger on Camberwell Green is also good (and even nearer the bus stop where 4 buses will take you to the stop nearest the Hamlet's ground.

More upmarket places may be found on Lordship Lane.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24
The best pre-Hamlet pub has now closed I think? Can anyone confirm?

Was also the best place to watch live football in E Dulwich/Peckham/Camberwell.
Afraid so. Discovered this one sad wet day after trudging up from Bellenden Rd, looking forward to a pint, only to be greeted by bolted doors.

Thing is though, it was on the wane. It set out to be an excellent local boozer and alehead pub. And it was really in the middle of nowhere. And the Stormbird was a 5 min walk away in one direction, and Peckham Rye 5 mins in t'other. If I'm being honest, the constant football in the background never quite settled with the clientele. But I will miss the hilarious banana booby prize Sunday comedy nights....

Still, plenty of excellent pre-Hamlet pubs around. The closest is probably the EDT on Goose Green. Couple mins more and you're at the drafthouse. Or The Mont, or The Gowlett (best pizza in south London ), both in P Rye. As already mentioned, the pubs in Camberwell are pretty cool, too. And failing that, the bar selection at the ground is usually pretty good.

SE24 - where are you based incidentally? I'm down on Choumert Square if you know it.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Just realised this thread has veered onto pubs! No bad thing, but back on topic....

The league this year is much tighter than it has been in the previous 2 years. Maidstone, Faversham and Dulwich have pulled away at the top, with 6 points separating the three, but Dulwich have 3 matches in hand. Disappointing loss to midtable opposition midweek, but a big chance to make amend against what will be a well supported Sittingbourne on Saturday, who themselves are in 6th.

Four seasons there or thereabouts, this club is ready for Blue Square Sth.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:21 AM

drunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Crawley down gatwick next up tonight...
Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks
but a big chance to make amend against what will be a well supported Sittingbourne on Saturday, who themselves are in 6th.
Beat us 3-1

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:49 AM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Massive game for Dulwich on Tuesday 26th March against Maidstone at the Hill.

I will be in attendance, any other local Palace fans going, and possible pre match beers?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario

I will be in attendance, any other local Palace fans going, and possible pre match beers?
I am going to try and get there for this one, as I don't get to see Maidstone too much these days.

Massive game!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:46 AM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky
Crawley down gatwick next up tonight...
Would love to go tonight, bhut busy day night at work expected.

Also at home on thursday night against Kingstoninans in the cup.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario

I'd be up for that.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:59 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Dulwich game tomight postponed.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:02 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
Dulwich game tomight postponed.
Mclovin this fixture pile up. No help from The Brickies at the weekend!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone
Mclovin this fixture pile up. No help from The Brickies at the weekend!
Hopefully fixture pile up won't cost them promotion up to the ryman premier,
which will be fully deserved for all the hard work justin rose has put it.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do you mean Gavin Rose?

Dulwich seem to be perennial play-off losers. If they do it again it'll be tough to swallow.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
100% behind SP

I wouldn't have been able to get there tonight as it is.

Odd decision - ground was frozen when I left this morning.

Tom - The Gowlett for that pre-match drink on 26th?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks
I wouldn't have been able to get there tonight as it is.

Odd decision - ground was frozen when I left this morning.

Tom - The Gowlett for that pre-match drink on 26th?
Tonight's match postponed at the request of the opponents - apparently they claimed transport difficulties. Don't think Dulwich were all that pleased as they only have one spare midweek slot left this season.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
100% behind SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Tonight's match postponed at the request of the opponents - apparently they claimed transport difficulties. Don't think Dulwich were all that pleased as they only have one spare midweek slot left this season.
Crawley had quite a bit of snow overnight. But if Gatwick is up and running I see no reason why they couldn't get the coach up the M23. Poor form.