Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
I agree. A good coach to assist will be cheaper than getting rid of Roy and bringing somebody else in who wont do any better.
Back in his Fulham days our current number 2 was nicknamed Ray Losington
Old 14-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He did a good last season but he's been 6 out of 10 this season at best. I do think he needs more backing in the transfer market but we have a decent squad and he isn't getting the most out of the players we have.

2 wins from 11 home games is dreadful - no other word for it. We've got 2 points from Watford, Newcastle, Southampton, Cardiff and Wolves at home and scored 1 goal in those games. And that's not to mention the home defeats against teams you don't expect to get anything off.

He's far too rigid and defensive in his approach. We don't need McArthur, Luka and Kouyate in midfield for home games especially. And he's played Wilf out of position as well as Ayew.

His subs and in-game management leave a lot to be desired. During several games opposition managers have out-thought him with key subs that have swung the game in his favour - e.g. Howe, Silva, Gracia, even Mark Hughes.

I also think he's developed a nasty streak with some of his recent comments about one or two players - the kind of comments that won't have done Wickham and co any good.

I don't want him to be sacked as I think the instability would be worse but I hope we can move him on by end of next season at latest.
Spot on all round particularly the last sentence
Old 14-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He did a good last season but he's been 6 out of 10 this season at best. I do think he needs more backing in the transfer market but we have a decent squad and he isn't getting the most out of the players we have.

2 wins from 11 home games is dreadful - no other word for it. We've got 2 points from Watford, Newcastle, Southampton, Cardiff and Wolves at home and scored 1 goal in those games. And that's not to mention the home defeats against teams you don't expect to get anything off.

He's far too rigid and defensive in his approach. We don't need McArthur, Luka and Kouyate in midfield for home games especially. And he's played Wilf out of position as well as Ayew.

His subs and in-game management leave a lot to be desired. During several games opposition managers have out-thought him with key subs that have swung the game in his favour - e.g. Howe, Silva, Gracia, even Mark Hughes.

I also think he's developed a nasty streak with some of his recent comments about one or two players - the kind of comments that won't have done Wickham and co any good.

I don't want him to be sacked as I think the instability would be worse but I hope we can move him on by end of next season at latest.
Bang on the money.
Old 14-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Glazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlazier69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
NO F-ING FIT STRIKERS!
Old 14-01-2019, 09:01 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No fit strikers and no goal scorer at the club is a percentage of the problem. In game changes are to slow to be worked out 2-1 down Zaha is getting crosses in so leave him out wide and go two strikers up front when you take ayew off wickham should have come on not schlupp who then went wide and Zaha goes back in the middle where he is not as effective.
Now think most people will agree that Roy’s tactics for home games can be a bit to negative.
if your going to play with 3 more defensive minded midfielders you may as switch to a midfield 3 rather than sticking with the 4 that way when you lose the ball you switch to a 5 pulling Townsend Zaha back and once you attack you go to the 3.

In a 4-3-3 formation the full backs can push on as you tell one of the midfield 3 To become the 3rd defender when we attack so we don’t get overrun on the counter.
Will also mean you could leave Townsend Zaha out wide in the front 3 and maybe even give them a bit more freedom to switch wings as at times I think Zaha sticking to one side makes him easier to mark and kick. Think back to bolasie and Zaha they used to switch wing quite often in games and I personally think that makes Zaha harder to mark as a defender.
Old 14-01-2019, 09:25 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
We have/had two fit strikers in Ayew and Sorloth (but we’ve let him go); Wickham and Benteke are returning to match fitness; and Wilf is being used as a striker mainly these days.

The problem is that none of these strikers know how to score.