Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Puncheon for player manager. Swinging that belt around in his team talk will get them focused.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Littlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLittlecaesar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There are many different rumours floating around, whatever the reasons for him leaving Huddersfield need to realise who and what they were prior to Wagner being appointed. The simple fact is Huddersfield overachieved and their football under Wagner was superb, but to maintain that level was always going to be a huge task especially in the premiership, unless the manager is fully supported by the Board which was never going to happen for a club like them, and therein lays the problem.
Do what Burnley did and stick with the best manager (Dyche) you can get even when relegated and hoping to get you back up, then realise as a club of their standing will always struggle at this level and accept the most likely outcome is becoming a yoyo premiership/championship club, but financially always stable.
Could potentially be work for WBA again.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There are many different rumours floating around, whatever the reasons for him leaving Huddersfield need to realise who and what they were prior to Wagner being appointed. The simple fact is Huddersfield overachieved and their football under Wagner was superb, but to maintain that level was always going to be a huge task especially in the premiership, unless the manager is fully supported by the Board which was never going to happen for a club like them, and therein lays the problem.
Do what Burnley did and stick with the best manager (Dyche) you can get even when relegated and hoping to get you back up, then realise as a club of their standing will always struggle at this level and accept the most likely outcome is becoming a yoyo premiership/championship club, but financially always stable.
I suspect they did try and stick with him, much the way Parish did with Holloway, but if the manager wants out, there's not a lot you can do.

Their football at times was very good, but it has never had much in the way of end product - they even got promoted with a negative goal difference. So for all the gengenpress they were employing, they never addressed the real need of the team.

I agree that I suspect the best thing would have been to keep him and work now on a plan to bounce back next season. For whatever reason, he's decided that isn't for him, and so the change has been made.

Their fans all know they have overachieved massively in terms of promotion and then staying up, and many are even hoping that he's just "taking a break" before coming back refreshed next season.
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
He did a good job there but the way some on here talk is like he's the next Guardiola. I can't see that myself.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
He did a good job there but the way some on here talk is like he's the next Guardiola. I can't see that myself.
Generally touted as the next Klopp, rather than the next Guardiola

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
So its the end of the Ride of the Valkiries. Cant think BFS will want to don his firemans helmet again. I think Mooy is the only one we could want. Incidentally looking at the sky highlights Id say alltheir good stuff seemed to go through Punch omn Saturday, Hope we werent too soon to write him off
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
So its the end of the Ride of the Valkiries. Cant think BFS will want to don his firemans helmet again. I think Mooy is the only one we could want. Incidentally looking at the sky highlights Id say alltheir good stuff seemed to go through Punch omn Saturday, Hope we werent too soon to write him off
Kongolo looks a good, versatile defender and wouldn't be a bad option to cover / replace Sakho IMO. Billing has been mentioned before, and seems to polarise opinion with them somewhat (I likened him to Tom Soares previously) but definitely has the physical attributes and some ability - it's whether he has the desire to make it to the absolute top.

I would have also suggested Schindler as a back up CB, but he's 29 now and not much better than what we already have - if he'd been younger he may have been worth a punt.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
If we could raise our tempo to the speed Huddersfield try to maintain, we'd be scary to defend against. We probably need a Mooy type player to facilitate it.

We are stuck with the 3 negative CM players at the moment as Roy doesn't seem to back his defence to be able to cope without this shield (or doesn't rate 2 of the 3 as good enough to do the job).

If Biesla resigns as Leeds boss at 5, maybe he will join the Terriers.
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I suspect they did try and stick with him, much the way Parish did with Holloway, but if the manager wants out, there's not a lot you can do.

Their football at times was very good, but it has never had much in the way of end product - they even got promoted with a negative goal difference. So for all the gengenpress they were employing, they never addressed the real need of the team.

I agree that I suspect the best thing would have been to keep him and work now on a plan to bounce back next season. For whatever reason, he's decided that isn't for him, and so the change has been made.

Their fans all know they have overachieved massively in terms of promotion and then staying up, and many are even hoping that he's just "taking a break" before coming back refreshed next season.
We will never truly know his reasons for leaving, but i will say he always struck me as a very honest and genuine person that had struck a chord with the fans. So in my opinion his reasons for leaving would have been that he had the best interests of the club at heart, and a change in manager may save the day for them.
The premiership is a massive task for any manager to conquer especially clubs lower down, that is why i say our fans need to appreciate the sterling job our very own Roy Hodgson does especially when his hands are tied in the transfer market as we know, but also with a very restricted squad like a lack of strikers and now the Keeper crisis adding to our problems.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Generally touted as the next Klopp, rather than the next Guardiola
I purposely chose Guardiola as he is much better than Klopp. Klopp will soon become the first Liverpool manager in 60 years, to have managed the club for 4+ years and not win a trophy