Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Ongoing thread 2018/19

Crystal Ball Ongoing Thread 2018/2019

To anyone new to this, it's all very simple. Basically each week someone will start a new thread (you don't need to wait for us to do so; feel free to start your own) in which you are asked to predict the score of the forthcoming Palace match. Simply enter your prediction on the thread - the score, the scorers, and the attendance. Scoring is as follows:

1. You get 3 points for correctly predicting the score of each match.
2. You get 1 point if you predict the correct result, but get the score wrong.
3. If you correctly predict the score, you will also get 1 point for each goalscorer you correctly predict. (To retain parity with anyone who correctly predicts a 0-0 draw, we will award a total of 4 points for that correct prediction).
4. You get 2 points if you are the closest to predicting the attendance figure. Additionally, everyone whose prediction is within 100 gets 1 point (therefore 3 points if you were closest and within 100). If you are within 101-200 you will get a bonus point. (A bonus point only counts at the end of the season in the event of a tie).

Please note the latest allowable time to post predictions is a minute prior to kick-off time. However, for an attendance punt or the scorers to be valid, the post must be made at least an hour before the kick off.

There is also a final position prediction thread already started and there will be a Kiwi Cumulator thread being started soon that you can score points from.

Finally the first match day thread will be started by me later today.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:41 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Oh, it's nearly here
Old 13-08-2018, 04:20 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Fulham 0 - Palace 2, Schlupp, Zaha att 24821

What a good start to the season!
Boat trip down Thames, Thank you Danny!
Followed by watching a very good match, luckily I was too drunk at first to notice that Fulham was all over us but as I sobered up, we got into the game more and scored.

Anyway, early pace has been set by both EastBerksEagle and Steamy with 5 points each, both getting correct score and Zaha scoring and within 100 of attendance, closely followed by Palestinian with 4 points Score and Zaha and bonus point for being 1-200 of attendance.

80 people scored points this week, that is 4 pages of the 8 for the thread (on my computer's settings).

I refused 1 entry from Luie Jack as he sneakily put two predictions in one.

I am not going to list all 80 as you are all on the following table and saves me some typing

COYP
Attached Images
File Type: png Post Fulham away.png (134.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 13-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
That was quick. Very impressed.
Old 13-08-2018, 05:14 PM

hihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethihi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think I'm due a bonus point for -185
Old 13-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi View Post
Thanks for letting me know, I will have a look tomorrow.
Old 13-08-2018, 05:49 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sure I had w guess, but am not in table
Old 14-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
That was quick. Very impressed.
Yes, me too
Old 14-08-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
You are quite right HiHi, I will add in due course.
Old 14-08-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Sure I had w guess, but am not in table
You predicted 2-2 and missed attendance by several hundred (2nd page of Fulham thread)
Old 14-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
There is also a final position prediction thread already started and there will be a Kiwi Cumulator thread being started soon that you can score points from.
As the poll on that thread was private, do you want me to send you the votes via PM or are you going to do it from the posts on the thread?
Old 14-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
As the poll on that thread was private, do you want me to send you the votes via PM or are you going to do it from the posts on the thread?
That would be very helpful, thank you.
Old 14-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Done. Hope it's legible - let me know if any problems.
Old 14-08-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Done. Hope it's legible - let me know if any problems.
all received and legible,

Thank you
Old 14-08-2018, 06:32 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
I didnt make the list
Old 15-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I have now updated the table and sent updated table on to the person who will do Liverpool match.

Foz
Old 23-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Crystal Palace - Liverpool 0-2
Goalscores: Milner/Mane
Att: 25750

5 people had the 0-2 score-line correct. Latvian and ahem Stigma had one goalscorer correct as well..so 4 points to them two.

Correct score - 3.points
Latvian + Milner + 1.point
Stigma + Mane + 1.point
Laurie
knowlesyUCLA
wrightchipvcfc

45 people had the result correct..

Correct result - 1.point
Old Joe Paxton
stwilley
averity
EastBerksEagle
cpfcfan1
Jim Cannon
Dannyq84
sydnsteve
sl6 Eagle
EaglesSnapBack
Flappy Chicken
bodger
LuieJack
Hector
palace_crystal
Snafu
Wopper403
Psych
Favelly Weston
Dodds
rbarmy
rhiannapaul
3 Beers at HT
AddoWolz
PemboExpress
Ruskin Old Boy
Direwolf
cpfc@eastbourne
Ian Hart
Glaziers56
EddieEdwards
CPFC85
switchboard
philsick
Gazz
hihi
selhurst_bbsh
west country boy
Ant.Palace
Lords Eagle
Stellavista
Shipp Ahoy!
Malarkey
Dj 784
SeaEagle

Attendance

Favelly Weston came closest with his prediction of 25755..just 5 more then the actual crowd. Harsh luck on CharlieCPFC who predicted 25756.

Closest attendance - 2.points
Favelly Weston 5 25755

Attendance within 100 - 1.point
CharlieCPFC 6 25756
AddoWolz -25 25725
Ruskin Old Boy 40 25790
JDawg 40 25790
N 50 25800
firesign -51 25699
Flappy Chicken 57 25807
EddieEdwards 59 25809
wrightchipvcfc -60 25690
Worksop Palace -63 25687
3 Beers at HT -94 25656
selhurst_bbsh -97 25653

Attendance with 101-200 - 1.bonus point
Far East Eagle 149 25899
RobertCPFC -187 25563
Palestinian -198 25552
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 23-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Standings..
Attached Images
File Type: png Liverpool home standings.png (179.8 KB, 38 views)
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0

Last edited by Stigma; 23-08-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 23-08-2018, 09:35 PM

EastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for youEastBerksEagle is just too good for you
Can I have my point for correct goalscorer ? Ta Stigma
Old 23-08-2018, 09:44 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBerksEagle View Post
Can I have my point for correct goalscorer ? Ta Stigma
You only get that point if you have correct score, not correct result.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King