Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I remember that. I seem to recall he was only about 8 yards from goal. To get it up to the roof from that angle was a wonderful piece of skill.

The only Palace player to miss a goal!
Old 15-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Trevor Aylott was better than Tommy Langley.

I used to love the link play he used to do when he'd chest the ball off to a team mate. Silky Trev, silky.
To be fair, most players were better that Langley ever was for us. And Trev's ball control was more barrel than chest. Silky I'd agree with, if my old memory serves me right!.........

Norman Wisdom.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Wasn't there a story that Noades had gone to scout Marcus Stewart while playing for Bristol Rovers, but having seen Taylor signed him instead?
This was definitely the story. Palace were interested in Stewart. But whether Noades went for Taylor instead I'm not sure as they were two different types of striker. Taylor a tall target man with no eye for goal. Stewart, smaller, nippier, who went on to score a good number of goals across the leagues I believe.

Norman Wisdom.

Last edited by Gazpacho; 15-06-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 15-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Apparently Swansea have offered Gomis in exchange for Adebayor
Isn't Gomis out of contract?

Then again one free transfer for a player who the only offer should be £0 for sounds about right
Old 15-06-2017, 05:16 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is hereLevski Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I remember that. I seem to recall he was only about 8 yards from goal. To get it up to the roof from that angle was a wonderful piece of skill.
When I first read that I thought you meant roof of the net which would have been bad enough... But it was the roof of the stand! Brilliant

Taylor just so bad. I was relieved and amazed when Bassett managed to sell him, as I thought no-one would be mad enough to take him off us.
Old 15-06-2017, 05:31 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gareth Taylor now coaching at Manchester City
Old 15-06-2017, 05:37 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
in complete contrast to Adebayor was James Vaughan who we got on loan from Everton. around 2010 ish? He really put in a shift - might not have been the best striker but his effort was superb. Loved the guy, and always wished him well wherever he went.
Old 15-06-2017, 05:38 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
in complete contrast to Adebayor was James Vaughan who we got on loan from Everton. around 2010 ish? He really put in a shift - might not have been the best striker but his effort was superb. Loved the guy, and always wished him well wherever he went.

Still scoring for bury
Old 15-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Totally agree
Old 15-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thought he was a class act and surprised he didn't go further in the game....
Old 15-06-2017, 06:34 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Thought he was a class act and surprised he didn't go further in the game....
He was great for us. Unfortunately, injuries stopped him from progressing. He had a fantastic attitude.
Old 15-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He was great for us. Unfortunately, injuries stopped him from progressing. He had a fantastic attitude.
Had a great season in League 1 last year and made it into the League 1 team of the season all of which playing for a team that was battling relegation. Hopefully he can push on again next term.
Old 15-06-2017, 10:56 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Yeah, Vaughan was like AJ with slightly less ability and a lot less luck.
Old 16-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
He's Vaughany, Vaughany Vaughany Vaughany.

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 16-06-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:21 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Just came on for Istanbul against Burnley.

Werner Herzog
Old 21-07-2020, 06:50 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
So whatever happened to Emmanuel Adebayor I hear virtually nobody ask.

Well he's apparently playing for everybody's favourite Turkish team that you've never heard of Istanbul Basaksehir. Despite only being founded in 1990 and attracting only about 1000 paying specators by realistic estimates, they have out-performed their local rivals Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbache and have just won the Turkish Championship.

This is of course in no small part because Basaksehir are bank-rolled by supporters of Turkey's President/Dictator Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. While the traditional big clubs adhere to UEFA FFP rules, they've spent on expensive has-beens like Adebayor, Demba Ba, Gael Clichy and Robinho which seems to have surprisngly paid dividends in a country where voicing opposition in Erdoğan can land you in prison.

Read about it in more detail here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I wouldn't want to question Emmanuel's motivation for signing on but here's a photo him and Erdoğan after securing the title ...

This could be the first in a series of photos of ex-Palace players pictured with notorious dictators. It could a very short thread but you never know what's out there.
Old 21-07-2020, 07:30 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
So whatever happened to Emmanuel Adebayor I hear virtually nobody ask.

Well he's apparently playing for everybody's favourite Turkish team that you've never heard of Istanbul Basaksehir. Despite only being founded in 1990 and attracting only about 1000 paying specators by realistic estimates, they have out-performed their local rivals Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbache and have just won the Turkish Championship.

This is of course in no small part because Basaksehir are bank-rolled by supporters of Turkey's President/Dictator Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. While the traditional big clubs adhere to UEFA FFP rules, they've spent on expensive has-beens like Adebayor, Demba Ba, Gael Clichy and Robinho which seems to have surprisngly paid dividends in a country where voicing opposition in Erdoğan can land you in prison.

Read about it in more detail here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I wouldn't want to question Emmanuel's motivation for signing on but here's a photo him and Erdoğan after securing the title ...

This could be the first in a series of photos of ex-Palace players pictured with notorious dictators. It could a very short thread but you never know what's out there.
Rather puts the HF and their Sky Banners to shame. Theirs hotwire a bulldozer to ram a police water cannon when they aren’t happy.
Old 21-07-2020, 08:03 AM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
That's all a bit bonkers isn't it. I don't think Adebayor plays for them anymore though, seem to recall he naffed off for another Turkish club a year or two ago.
Old 21-07-2020, 08:46 AM
That's a paddling

Jasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
That's all a bit bonkers isn't it. I don't think Adebayor plays for them anymore though, seem to recall he naffed off for another Turkish club a year or two ago.
He also briefly played in Paraguay earlier this year.

Looks like he’s available on a free this summer...
Old 21-07-2020, 09:16 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He’s scored lots in Turkey, especially shortly after he left us.

Shows what a weak league is it. Hint