Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
No it was a bit of a Palace-free show which was a bit annoying. Still, can't have everything

Aaww that’s a shame. His bit about the BBS is brilliant - and so true. Not so much nowadays but certainly back in the day when we relied on the matchday thread and the radio.
Old 13-08-2018, 11:07 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Aaww that’s a shame. His bit about the BBS is brilliant - and so true. Not so much nowadays but certainly back in the day when we relied on the matchday thread and the radio.
Yeah Happy days with paggis and shouty woman

He did do a piece about arguing on the internet which reminded me very much of the political threads on here.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-08-2018, 11:23 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Usually has an amusing column in the I Paper on Friday.
Old 13-08-2018, 11:25 PM

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Yeah Happy days with paggis and shouty woman

He did do a piece about arguing on the internet which reminded me very much of the political threads on here.

And the one who couldn’t sound his ‘r’. He had a field day with Derry, Speroni. Happy days
Old 13-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Hello Barbara

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-08-2018, 11:55 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
And the one who couldn’t sound his ‘r’. He had a field day with Derry, Speroni. Happy days
They used to give him Orient a lot didn't they

I'll never forget Paggis struggling with Collins. Or the phone ins. The football was a mere side issue in those days. FAR too serious in this league.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-08-2018, 11:57 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:

We were certainly grateful for Palace Player but found far more stressful listening than watching!
Old 14-08-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Hello Barbara
Hello Maz
Old 15-08-2018, 07:14 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Mark Steel: Premier League or proper football? It's no contest

Wednesday, 14 May 2008

What a thrilling season it was in the Premier League, agree all the experts. But surely instead of thrilling, they actually mean pointlessly predictably relentlessly tedious. Almost every club has finished within one or two places of its designated position, in accordance with how rich it is. So the time must have come to reform the rules.

From now on, at the start of August, all the club chairmen should declare how much money they've got, and the league table should be based on the results. This will save the bother of having to play the games.

The Premier League has about six sub-divisions, from which hardly anyone escapes. It could only have been won by one of three teams. Liverpool were certain to be fourth as always, so a disastrous season means coming fourth, but only just. Then comes a batch including Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham, who compete for fifth to tenth and so on until the three poorest are relegated. Soon a season will end with commentators shrieking: "What an extraordinary year it's turned out to be – who could ever have predicted West Ham would end up eleventh instead of ninth. It just goes to show what an amazingly unpredictable game this is."

They might as well get the teams to rehearse the matches beforehand. Instead of managers, they could have film directors, calling through a megaphone: "OK cut, cut, cut, look Rio love, we've been through this, you miss the first tackle on Michael Owen, then track back to recover and I want to see you glide love, like an angel. Now let's take it from the top."

Then, to make it slightly less predictable, they could get scriptwriters, like in American wrestling. So Nicky Butt will come off the subs bench dressed as Dracula and use a Vulcan neck grip to send Emile Heskey to sleep, which the ref somehow doesn't spot. Or Frank Lampard will grab a microphone as he's about to take a penalty and propose to Fernando Torres, and the two of them will be married by the linesman.

One result of a football club's position being so defined by its wealth is that casual supporters almost all support one of the top three teams. Although they have no connection with the area or affinity with the club, they can buy the shirt and stand in pubs yelling "Go on my son!" But they might as well go round asking people which planet they support, and whatever the answer they can reply: "Well I support Jupiter – and we've won the biggest planet championship four billion years in a row. Can you hear the Venus sing – no-oh, no-oh."

The only way a Premier League club can change position is if it's bought by a devious billionaire, so this brings out the worst in people, such as the Manchester City fans who screamed with delight when their club became the property of a hugely rich and shady ex-prime minister of Thailand.

They'd be just as ecstatic if their club was bought by the Burmese military government, as long as it promised to invest 300 million quid on players. Fans would hail the new board and yell "Fantastic news – the chairman has stolen every penny of the cyclone fund and spent it on a solid central defender."

What the media obsession with the Premier League misses is that most football fans defy this logic and support lower league teams, glorying in their team's wheezing progress or decline, still just about able to identify with the club and its players. For example, at Crystal Palace, the fans have been almost delirious in recent months, not just because of reaching the play-offs but because the manager, Neil Warnock, has put several of the youth players in the side, and it feels like we're cheering on lads from round the corner.

When a club feels part of the community, which in some sense is the case for most teams, the fans can enjoy the irrational misery that comes with failure as a price to be paid for the irrational jubilation that accompanies odd moments of success. And then it's fun; ridiculous, heart-stopping, tearful, manic fun, and with none of the arrogance that comes with supporting a team that can't come lower than third.

There was such a moment in Palace's last league match of the season, which we had to win to ensure a place in the play-offs. Incredibly, Palace were winning 5-0, so 10 minutes from the end there was an announcement that play-off tickets would be on sale immediately after the game. And all around me I heard people saying, "Hang on, don't tempt fate, we haven't won yet."

That's the fretful, humble, unpredictable joy of supporting a proper team. And that, your honour, is why, after last night's play-off against Bristol City, according to the result I was a) drunkenly setting off fireworks from the roof of the library, or b) morosely sat in the park throwing rocks at a duck.

There’s a lot of truth in this. Much of it being spoken about now so he was a visionary
Old 16-08-2018, 09:32 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Just informed Mark that he was subject of this post on here in a cafe in Palace. Hopefully he’ll contribute.
Old 16-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
I hate the fa premier league, its not about Football and supporters, It's about big business, it caters for foreign markets and lazy american type tossers who think they are 'soccer' experts because they watch all the games on Sky or BT. If anyone thinks different, just look how they bent and made up rules so Manure could go straight in to the Women's Championship, despite not having a women's team, at the expense of well established Women's clubs and programmes, and guess what the first live women's domestic game on TV is,............................................... ........Liverpool V's Manure , you couldn't make it up.
Old 16-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quite waddon. At least you don't have to endure the hordes of Asian "fans" here in the far east whose loyalty extends as far as swapping the shirt of the losing big 6 team at half time for the winning one. I kid ye not, it's sickening, but it's all about the overseas money.
Old 16-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I took my sister to see Mark in Edinburgh last week - and she rated it the best hour of the Fringe.

At one point, I was laughing so much I had to stop listening to him as it was hurting.

I met him a couple of years ago when he came to Cranleigh Arts Centre, just before the Cup Final, introduced by Jim Piddock. He's a top bloke, and as we all know a passionate Palace supporter.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
At one point, I was laughing so much I had to stop listening to him as it was hurting.

#accidentalpartridge
Old 16-08-2018, 09:10 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I took my sister to see Mark in Edinburgh last week - and she rated it the best hour of the Fringe.

I met him a couple of years ago when he came to Cranleigh Arts Centre, just before the Cup Final, introduced by Jim Piddock. He's a top bloke, and as we all know a passionate Palace supporter.
Which night were you there James, and which other shows do you recommend? Am getting a lot of breaks there in the evening at the moment.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's playing in the Test Match Special cricket match, on the BBC red button now.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 17-08-2018, 08:13 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
As well as Palace he must be into steam trains as well because he described the RH&D Railway as the greatest tourist attraction in the world .
Old 23-10-2018, 09:28 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Old 24-10-2018, 12:05 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love Mark Steel as he is funny and he is my political twin. He did a really good piece on how he could not believe how people he had known so well were re acting when the SWP had its infamous problems with sexual harrasment.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:04 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Saw Mark at spurs in the week dressed like big Mal. I was well pissed but muttered something well funny to him that he didn’t understand.