Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-08-2015, 01:50 PM

peter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
He's some bloody awful left-wing 'comedian' who does crap on radio 4 because TV won't have him. He speaks with a stupid lego-cockney accent too, that only a middle-class pillock would use.
So all those Television credits on his wiki page - all made up?

I have met Mark a few times, after gigs, and Cardiff after the play off final - a really nice approachable man.

And politically sound.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:16 PM
4th Generation Palace

palace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Saw him at Edinburgh Fringe tonight. Fantastic performance - incredibly funny.

In a particularly good mood after the Chelsea result.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:59 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.sutton View Post
...politically sound.
With no offence aimed at you or Mr Steel, "politically sound" is one of those phrases (like "the greater good") which always slightly worries me.
Old 17-02-2017, 07:23 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Great Mark Steel show aired on Radio 4 last night called 'Who do I think I am?'.

He basically retells the almost unbelievable story of tracking down his birth parents after being adopted as a baby. As usual very cleverly done and very funny. Well worth a listen for the hour it lasts.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

(Edit: sorry, thought this thread was in General Chat. Oh well, makes a pleasant distraction from the stuff on Palace chat at the mo)

Last edited by bubbs11; 17-02-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 17-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Palace Pessimist

Youngy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningYoungy would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I saw him at Leicester Square Theatre after the Sunderland game, excellent show. Little bits and pieces on supporting Palace too.
"The football is so much better when both teams are shit"
"Our flying winger might be getting all the press inches, standing ovations and linked with the biggest clubs in the land but in our scruffy No.15, we currently have the best central midfielder outside the Premier League."
Old 17-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Great Mark Steel show aired on Radio 4 last night called 'Who do I think I am?'.

He basically retells the almost unbelievable story of tracking down his birth parents after being adopted as a baby. As usual very cleverly done and very funny. Well worth a listen for the hour it lasts.

(Edit: sorry, thought this thread was in General Chat. Oh well, makes a pleasant distraction from the stuff on Palace chat at the mo)
Was at the recording of this show which Mark performed, for a solid 2 hours, without script. I'm sure he's told the story of his life many times but was a real lesson on how to keep an audience engaged as a stand up comedian for a long period. Would recommend to anyone as even if you don't like his humour he's still a great story teller.
Old 17-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngy View Post
I saw him at Leicester Square Theatre after the Sunderland game, excellent show. Little bits and pieces on supporting Palace too.
"The football is so much better when both teams are shit"
He nicked that line of me and credited me for it when he first started to use it.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 18-02-2017, 02:00 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:

Am really surprised that such an amazing, moving and well told true story, which contains such understated emotion, such great humour and laugh out loud moments (an eg being when looking at his birth certificate and discovering he was born in North London), is confined to a 11PM slot on Radio 4.

Proof of nature over nurture? who knows, but what a story.
Old 18-02-2017, 03:08 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We seem to attract a lot of comedian fans -Izzard, the late Ronnie Corbett, Kevin Day etc. Makes up for the on pitch comedians this season so far, especially at SP! Still 7 home games to come. 21 points easy. Sorted.
Old 19-02-2017, 12:10 AM

99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet99percent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Noticed him the day after the 4-0 annihilation at home against the black cats , boldly and proudly wearing his Palace scarf.....Due respect for the spirit......
Old 19-02-2017, 01:48 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
He was a regular in the Whitehorse until recently. I don't think I've seen him this season. I never approached him as I thought he might not want to be hassled. If I had a specific question, opinion or gripe etc. I might have. I recently downloaded every '... in town' episode and have listened to them in the car - brilliant.
Old 19-02-2017, 11:05 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
He was a regular in the Whitehorse until recently. I don't think I've seen him this season. I never approached him as I thought he might not want to be hassled. If I had a specific question, opinion or gripe etc. I might have. I recently downloaded every '... in town' episode and have listened to them in the car - brilliant.
Very approachable guy. Had a few pints with him in a pub in stirling in November with the Scottish based guys after attending his show. Really down to earth geeza
Old 19-02-2017, 11:42 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
At the Fairfield he outshone Eddie Izzard, something which is very difficult to do.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-02-2017, 12:01 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
See him at most games, a bit hit and miss, but when he's good he's really good.
Old 19-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Seen him several times this season in Lower Holmesdale.

As for 'Who Do I Think I Am...', haven't listened to it on the radio but saw him when he was touring the show it is based on - was excellent.

Last edited by Palestinian; 19-02-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 19-02-2017, 04:55 PM

leslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
At the Fairfield he outshone Eddie Izzard, something which is very difficult to do.
as you say he outshone Izzard, great line about getting home late excited after a home win ("against Hull I think") waking his wife up to tell her "we're 14th !"
Old 19-02-2017, 07:17 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
He's some bloody awful left-wing 'comedian' who does crap on radio 4 because TV won't have him. He speaks with a stupid lego-cockney accent too, that only a middle-class pillock would use.
He is actually a very funny left wing comedian, but comedy is of course highly subjective. He wrote a hilarious bit about the Cardiff semi final away leg when we lost on penalties. I imagine he is not as hilarious as your political views must be but each to their own
Old 19-02-2017, 08:12 PM

nickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenickmurphy30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for the link

Will definitely give this a listen as I saw Mark Steel perform this live - and it was an incredible story, almost unbelievable, but so well told - funny on parts, moving in others . Really looking forward to hearing the radio version.

Sad that some people wont listen to it because they don't like his politics - its an integral part of the story.

And I bumped into him after the show and he assured me Palace weren't going down this season. Phew.
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michaelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace - and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."
Old 19-02-2017, 08:51 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I found Mark Steel so funny when talking about James Goldsmith-Tiny Rowland -John Aspinall who I encountered during Back Gammon sessions when I worked for Jim Slater.
Old 22-02-2017, 10:52 PM

salad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsalad fan club came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

thks for this I thought it was excellent

I like him and his politics