Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Oh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOh south london came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Victor Moses = Legend

Loved it when he scored the 3rd and came over to Blocks B/C and pointed to the Palace badge on his shirt. It showed to me that he loves the club and realises what it has done for him. I wish him the best in the future and am proud to say he was from our academy. That is probably the last time I will ever seen him play for Palace.

Last edited by Oh south london; 26-12-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 26-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Have to admit his goal really did smack of a goodbye did it not

I know its supposed to be for the sake of the club but I still hope to some form of mystical creature he doesn't go!
Old 26-12-2009, 06:21 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh south london
Loved it when he scored the 3rd and came over to Blocks C/D and pointed to the Palace badge on his shirt. It showed to me that he loves the club and realises what it has done for him. I wish him the best in the future and am proud to say he was from our academy. That is probably the last time I will ever seen him play for Palace.
The guys on Palace radio said he stopped as he was walking off after the game and looked back around the stadium.

Sounds pretty final to me.
Old 26-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
The guys on Palace radio said he stopped as he was walking off after the game and looked back around the stadium.

Sounds pretty final to me.

When he runs out at the Camp Nou in January I am sure he will shed a tear about poor old Selhurst Park
Old 26-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle96
When he runs out at the Camp Nou in January I am sure he will shed a tear about poor old Selhurst Park
I'd love it if he was running out there and not at Spurs' reserve home or the ******* JJB.

I hope for all the world his talent is not wasted as a result of a bad move, which in itself was the sum of greedy agents and appalling financial management by a perma-tanned football club chairman.
Old 26-12-2009, 06:33 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Good points Brett.
Old 26-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog
Good job his agent is Tony Finnigan then!
Thanks for crushing my hopes, Bob.
Old 26-12-2009, 06:39 PM
looking at things

cross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecross_eyed_ed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
His performance today was one of the most accomplished I have seen from a Palace player in years (which in itself could be argued is a reflection on some of the poor standards that we have endured). He is just getting better and better and whilst I will be sad to see him go, his talent deserves a bigger stage. World Cup 2010?
Old 26-12-2009, 06:41 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
Thanks for crushing my hopes, Bob.
You got me before my edit... I read it as perma tan agents... God knows why.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:01 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess being away from Selhurst and not seeing games has meant that although I care, this wasn't something that I was really bothered about, but being back for the last two games, oh boy, we are about to loss potentially the most talented player that has EVER worn the red and blue of Crystal Palace. The fact that we have actually produced the player is even more satisfying.

Its heartbreaking, as he really is one in a million. In the last decade, the only english player I can think of with Victor like talent and ability at 18/19 is Wayne Rooney (Although maybe that is more down to the lack of superb young English players coming through right now!)

If there is ever a time for someone to come in, buy the club off Simon Jordan and save us, its now. What are you getting for your money? Well, one of the most gifted 19 year olds currently playing the game across the world.

If today was the last time we see him in a Palace shirt at Selhurst, scoring with the last kick of the game in front of the Holmesdale was absolutley fitting.

And just to add, IF he does get a good move in January and is let loose on Premiership defenders, it will be very hard for Fabio Capello to avoid the temptation...He is THAT good.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:12 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It did smack of goodbye. It was a very nice touch. As mentioned on the ratings thread, he turned out to be a top servant for the club despite only being a pro for a few years and only coming good recently. Good luck to him, good lad.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:24 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
lol Davematt in hysterical post shocker

Quality player but in a way it'll be nice if the last touch he took at Selhurst was to score.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's living upto the hype and doesn't need to be associated with the word 'potential' any more. Absolute dynamite.

A truly outstanding and magical player who is a pleasure to watch terrorising whoever he may come up against and whilst the end may be nigh, he'll leave on the best of terms I'm sure.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 26-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Will be great for a new owner who takes over and we wont have any of our star players left.

Really intelligent.

This team could get promotion. We just need one more loan, please Mr. Brown
Old 26-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Super, Super Kev

webgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwebgard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I missed his (probably) last game and I'm sure for years to come I'll regret it. Two hours to the kick off I was still planning on coming to Selhurst but some family commitments meant that I couldn't. (My wife actually said Palace supporters signed a petition asking her to stop me from going to Palace, as I haven't seen any win this season yet! My last game was against Doncaster so you can see what I mean!)

But I'm proud that I watched him home and away in his early games. I know he's on fire right now but the closing stage of 2007 season was fantastic also- when he was playing as part of the front three with Sinclair on the other wing and Clinton in the middle.

The thing that makes his departure even more depressing is, unlike JB who was supposed to be a fan of CPFC, it seems to me that he actually loves the club and wouldn't force a leave if it was not an inevitable move because of our financial situation (somehow like when Dougie left us, maybe when the things are brighter we can have Victor back).

He respects the club and he knows that in none of the big teams he would get the love from the fans in the same way he did in Selhurst. At best they would see him as a financial investment.

Victor is not only a fantastic footballer, but hopefully can be a role model for all second generation immigrants in Britain, bringing hope to them and show them that if they try, they can realize their potential and shape their own future.

All the best wishes to him.
Old 26-12-2009, 07:47 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Chris K]lol Davematt in hysterical post shocker [QUOTE]

Not on this one. The hype is warranted when it comes to this player.

Bare in mind that he is currently playing alongside players who are compleltey on different, much lower levels to him (Some of them simply fall into the catergory of 'cloggers!'). At one point today he had to make a obvious point using his right hand to where he wanted the ball played (away from feet instead of too feet so it would be in a more advanced position on the right side). He is game savy. Most people are pretty aware that off the field Wayne Rooney isn't the brightest spark, but on the pitch, he has a footballing brain. Players with these are unique as they see thing's that no other player does. Victor seems to be in this bracket. The more he plays, the more his understanding grows. A month or so ago, he probably would have missed that chance today. But with games, goals and confidence under his belt, as soon as he set it up, there was only going to be one outcome. And it was with his 'weaker' foot

Put him in a side with players of the same understanding of the game, and he would have the world at his feet. Can you imagine the damage he would cause if he was in the same team as players like Fabregas and Arshavin?
Old 26-12-2009, 07:48 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
I felt quite sad at the end as it was almost certainly his farewell performance.

Notice how much Lee clapped the crowd as well when he was substituted? Guess that's him gone as well
Old 26-12-2009, 07:52 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Meh - guess this season will be a relegation fight once all the good players leave At least we have a 14 point head start for the rest of the season. I am worried about next season though!
Old 26-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 26-12-2009, 10:03 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I doubt he will make it to the World Cup, however, should there be a team GB at the 2012 Olympics, I see no reason, with the age restrictions, why he isn't in the squad.
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.