Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-12-2009, 12:30 AM
WZ16

Sambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSambuccy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Theo Walcott: 23 games, 5 goals.

Bought for £5m (potentially £12m).
Old 27-12-2009, 12:32 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambuccy
Theo Walcott: 23 games, 5 goals.

Bought for £5m (potentially £12m).
Another great example, although I would say that Walcott was purchased a few more years ago when the market wasn't so poor.
Old 27-12-2009, 12:36 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I think £1 million is too little. I would think something around 2-2.5 plus add ons would be enough to get a team his services though.

I would think it highly unlikely we will receive anything like the ramsay money for him.

I think Moses has the potential to be a very decent player. I don't actually think he will end up a top 4 player though. There is still every possibility he might struggle to establish himself at the next club he goes too. Especially if he goes to the wrong one at this stage.
Old 27-12-2009, 12:39 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt
Another great example, although I would say that Walcott was purchased a few more years ago when the market wasn't so poor.
Genuine question... Was Walcott an established england under 21 player at that time also? Something moses is not.
Old 27-12-2009, 12:40 AM

jams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rain
Fever Pitch conveniently missing the fact that Cardiff were in the financial shitter at the time Ramsey left too!
Old 27-12-2009, 12:43 AM

The market may well show us just how rated moses is compared to ramsay etc.

I hope we are talking the money some on here are hoping. I am not sure we will get it but fingers crossed.
Old 27-12-2009, 12:50 AM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Put him in a side with players of the same understanding of the game, and he would have the world at his feet. Can you imagine the damage he would cause if he was in the same team as players like Fabregas and Arshavin?
Behave.

You can never tell how well a player will do outside of Palace, no matter how good he is or how good the players he's gonna play with are. If he was in the same team as Fabregas and Arshavin, then he'd look crap. People thought AJ would be amazing in a decent team, and he's hardly set the Premiership alight. We won't go into how Routledge has done... (Who I'd rate far more highly when he was a young Palace player than I do Moses).

Once Moses moves, I can't see him getting a regular starting place in any team in the top half of the Premiership. He's been good for us, but that shouldn't blind us into thinking he's Premiership quality, because he's played well for a mediocre Championship side.

Chris Finch was right in making a comment about your hysteria. You've done it from day one before he ever proved anything, and little has changed in what you've said about him, no matter how well or badly he's played, which just decreases the value of your opinion on him.

Last edited by CPFC Guy; 27-12-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 27-12-2009, 01:17 AM
CPFC season ticket holder

David hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
I remember the 'experts' on here saying that Ben Watson was quality and would walk into most Premiership sides. Well, he couldn't cut it at the top level, so basing a players ability purely on his form against Championship opposition is incredibly unsensible.

Moses is a top player, but, we are in a serious mess and by reading some comments on here it is clear that some people either firmly have their heads buried in the sand or just don't comprehend the magnitude of the battle that Palace are about to face to stay afloat.

We are not in a position to be asking money in the region of £5million. The best we can hope for is that two clubs desperately want him and will start a bidding war. No Premiership manager will take a massive gamble on a player like Moses who probably isn't even consistent enough to be considered a Premiership starter as yet. The lower table Premiership clubs certainly cannot just go around splashing money on players like Moses, they will be looking for the experience. The only people who may pay top dollar are the likes of Manchester City or Manchester United. This is because they can afford to buy a player like Moses and be able to nuture his development rather than throw him in at the deep end of a relegation battle.

I will be very sad the day Moses leaves us and wish him all the best, he's shown flashes of brilliance. What will make me even sadder is the fact that my football club has got to the point that it needs to sell our academy players, who basically cost us nothing. We will never get to see Moses grow into the footballer we think he can be.....that's the worst part of all this.

Forget what the transfer fee is, because the other clubs know our situation, we cannot do anything about that now, they hold all the cards and as someone rightly pointed out, it's a buyers market. The major thing that has got to me most is that we are selling a potential Crystal Palace legend because we have money problems. It's just soul destroying!
Old 27-12-2009, 01:18 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Guy
Behave.

You can never tell how well a player will do outside of Palace, no matter how good he is or how good the players he's gonna play with are. If he was in the same team as Fabregas and Arshavin, then he'd look crap. People thought AJ would be amazing in a decent team, and he's hardly set the Premiership alight. We won't go into how Routledge has done... (Who I'd rate far more highly when he was a young Palace player than I do Moses).

Once Moses moves, I can't see him getting a regular starting place in any team in the top half of the Premiership. He's been good for us, but that shouldn't blind us into thinking he's Premiership quality, because he's played well for a mediocre Championship side.

Chris Finch was right in making a comment about your hysteria. You've done it from day one before he ever proved anything, and little has changed in what you've said about him, no matter how well or badly he's played, which just decreases the value of your opinion on him.
Fair enough.
Old 27-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

Fever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about thankfully.
Do or do not the club not have a court hearing with HMRC?

Yes, so wave goodbye to £5m

£1m upfront and even then the buying clubs been mugged at the price.
Old 27-12-2009, 01:35 AM

etu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I remember the 'experts' on here saying that Ben Watson was quality and would walk into most Premiership sides. Well, he couldn't cut it at the top level, so basing a players ability purely on his form against Championship opposition is incredibly unsensible.
Did pretty well for Bruce mind.

AJ was doing a good job until his confidence got shot in that penalty furore and Routledge's pre-season injury for Tottenham was cruel timing as he was flying for them at that point (yeah, I know, friendlies) and after he lost his place to Lennon because of it, the rest is history...

Which I'm saying partly in defence of the players/those who backed them - although there was plenty of unfounded hysteria - but mainly to illustrate the role that luck, injury and managerial changes will play in Moses' future career. Its very hard to forecast what exactly will happen.

What I'm in no doubt though is that all things being equal, Moses can go to the very top and he could go there very quickly. His talent is frightening and, with the right manager, a quick adaption to Premiership football and a slice of luck - he could go to the World Cup. I doubt he will as it doesn't seem a Capello-esque move but the possibility is there and its not hysterical.

Fingers crossed we're not going to find out thought
Old 27-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Pitch
And Aaron Ramsey did not play for a team that are on the verge of a court case by her HMRC to wind them up.........
To view the link you have to Register or Login Troll off c_block.
Old 27-12-2009, 02:16 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Guy
Behave.

You can never tell how well a player will do outside of Palace, no matter how good he is or how good the players he's gonna play with are. If he was in the same team as Fabregas and Arshavin, then he'd look crap. People thought AJ would be amazing in a decent team, and he's hardly set the Premiership alight. We won't go into how Routledge has done... (Who I'd rate far more highly when he was a young Palace player than I do Moses)
Yes, AJ hardly set the Premiership alight aside from 21 goals in his first season in it....
Old 27-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do or do not the club not have a court hearing with HMRC?

Yes, so wave goodbye to £5m

£1m upfront and even then the buying clubs been mugged at the price.
Anyone else yawn reading that??
Old 27-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
The more you reply to Fever Pitch (aka Matty the Eagle) the more credibility you give him. Ignore him, innit.
Old 27-12-2009, 03:58 AM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Guy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yes, AJ hardly set the Premiership alight aside from 21 goals in his first season in it....
I think it's pretty easy to see that when I said "in a decent team", and was talking about players moving away from Palace, that I meant in his first Premiership season outside of Palace.

Wouldn't have expected that needed explaining.

Last edited by CPFC Guy; 27-12-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 27-12-2009, 03:59 AM
www.************ .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE
The more you reply to Fever Pitch (aka Matty the Eagle) the more credibility you give him. Ignore him, innit.
I think he's c block and The Mexican Horse is Matty the Eagle.

It's difficult to tell the difference though, as they both talk the same rubbish.
Old 27-12-2009, 10:48 AM
The invisible poster

Mickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Since he's been playing down the middle next to a target man he's been the closest I've seen to Ian Wright. Fast, skilful, unpredictable and he always looks like getting a goal.

Such a shame that we're only seeing a glimpse of him.
Old 27-12-2009, 11:32 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
And Aaron Ramsey did not play for a team that are on the verge of a court case by her HMRC to wind them up.........
If you sold VicMo for £1m you may as well wind us up now...
Old 27-12-2009, 12:28 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan
If you sold VicMo for £1m you may as well wind us up now...
I agree. One million won't even scratch our debt. Might aswell give him away