Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-12-2009, 12:49 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Victor moses will not be going to world cup. I really think you are getting seriously carried away. He is not even in the under 21's squad.

Only a couple of months ago people were getting similarly carried away about Clyne. Whilst he is a decent prospect still. His recent run in the team has at least led to people being a little more realistic. Before that I got Neg'd for being cautious about scannels ability and £3million price tag.

Moses is good. He still isn't as good as AJ was for us. AJ is now a middling prem striker. That should at least show people that Moses still has so much to do to become top class. I hope he can. Will be interesting to see what happens to him.
Old 27-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is hereAndy in Rome Sam the man is here
Think it's a bit unfair to point to AJ as a 'middling Prem striker' as an example of what Moses might become...

AJ has been plagued with some horrible injuries since that season he could do no wrong for us ...and in fact I think selling him when we did was the most astute bit of dealing in the transfer market that Palace have ever done: he was never the same even for us after he spent all that time on the sidelines.

Sure, Moses could get a similar nasty injury, and that could be the end of his future as a big name - maybe even the end of his career full stop - but if he stays fit, I can only see him getting better & better: especially if he goes to a club which knows how to nurture and bring on young talent.
Old 27-12-2009, 02:04 PM

PalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is here
At the risk of sounding patronising, if you think Moses is overhyped, not reaching his potential or that 2m is a fair price, then you should feck off and go watch tennis or something as you'll simply never understand football.
Old 27-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
It was great to see this mercurial talent "live" yesterday
A great performance, shame he'll be off next month
Old 27-12-2009, 03:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
There is no doubt in my mind that Victor is improving with every game at the moment, it has been a gradual and slow progress up to now, so I'm not surprised there are still a few doubters out there who think he is being overhyped - but what I saw yesterday was a performance that suggested he has actually learnt a few lessons from previous mistakes, keeping possesion, instead of going to ground and releasing the ball at the right time to set up somebody else.

I will be sorry if we have ultimately seen one of his last games for Palace, but I also feel a bit previleged that I have seen what I feel will be an outstanding player in future - and wish Vic all the best in acheving this.
Old 27-12-2009, 04:06 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever
At the risk of sounding patronising, if you think Moses is overhyped, not reaching his potential or that 2m is a fair price, then you should feck off and go watch tennis or something as you'll simply never understand football.
From the clips I have seen, and the comments made, I'd suggest the lad is very special. If you consider what we have sold for 2m, he must be worth 3 times that plus add ons.

If he is lucky in his football career (i.e. fairly injury free) he should be playing for England.
Old 27-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Amazing player but people comparing him to Rooney need to get a grip. Rooney was doing what Moses is now at 18 and in the prem.
Old 27-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978
Amazing player but people comparing him to Rooney need to get a grip. Rooney was doing what Moses is now at 18 and in the prem.
Victor only turned 19 less than a month ago.

That said I doubt Victor will go on to be as good as Wayne Rooney. Whilst I think they could both have fantastic England careers, Wayne Rooney has the potential to be recognised as the best player in the world.
Old 27-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Why

Born to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh south london
Loved it when he scored the 3rd and came over to Blocks B/C and pointed to the Palace badge on his shirt. It showed to me that he loves the club and realises what it has done for him. I wish him the best in the future and am proud to say he was from our academy. That is probably the last time I will ever seen him play for Palace.
Seen too many so called "Loyal Players" kiss thier badges, both at Palace or elswhere for it to mean anything. And that final look round the stadium could well have meant Good Riddance.
Old 27-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Why

Born to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningBorn to be Sad would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever
Where the hell did you get on. we all have our own opinions on here, ever considered YOU are wrong, god what a jerk think you have caught jordanitus
Old 27-12-2009, 05:59 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro
Victor moses will not be going to world cup. I really think you are getting seriously carried away. He is not even in the under 21's squad.

Only a couple of months ago people were getting similarly carried away about Clyne. Whilst he is a decent prospect still. His recent run in the team has at least led to people being a little more realistic. Before that I got Neg'd for being cautious about scannels ability and £3million price tag.

Moses is good. He still isn't as good as AJ was for us. AJ is now a middling prem striker. That should at least show people that Moses still has so much to do to become top class. I hope he can. Will be interesting to see what happens to him.
Maybe slightly harsh but pretty much my thoughts. All this 'He iz da bestest playerz in da wurld' is laughable. Yes he's a bloody good player but he's got a long way to go and to say he is the the best player to wear a Palace shirt is daft off the back of decent couple of months not too mention an insult to players like Ian Wright, Lombardo, Peter Simpson (never saw him but 46 goals in one season speaks for itself), John Byrne (capped for England playing in the 4th division) etc etc
Old 27-12-2009, 07:31 PM

PalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to be Sad
Where the hell did you get on. we all have our own opinions on here, ever considered YOU are wrong, god what a jerk think you have caught jordanitus
Just expressing an opinion myself you pleb. I'll type out 'IMO' before every statement if it helps you sleep at night. You're free to type crappy comments about Jordan as I'm free to type out my thoughts on VM's detractors.
Old 27-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
Maybe slightly harsh but pretty much my thoughts. All this 'He iz da bestest playerz in da wurld' is laughable. Yes he's a bloody good player but he's got a long way to go and to say he is the the best player to wear a Palace shirt is daft off the back of decent couple of months not too mention an insult to players like Ian Wright, Lombardo, Peter Simpson (never saw him but 46 goals in one season speaks for itself), John Byrne (capped for England playing in the 4th division) etc etc
Good post. There were many on here tipping Routledge for great things, he hasn't exactly fulfilled his potential (maybe because he never had it in the first place). Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but last time I checked he was at QPR. I would love, love VM to have a successful career in the top flight of English football, but please lets not get carried away.
Old 27-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Guy
I think he's c block and The Mexican Horse is Matty the Eagle.

It's difficult to tell the difference though, as they both talk the same rubbish.
Mate you don't know shit about the club!
Old 27-12-2009, 08:15 PM

hilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethilairehair came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K
I was there with 3 'neutrals' yesteday and they all thought he was easily premiership class. Both Liverpool and Arsenal could do with someone like Moses at present. Those who saw the Liverpool v Wolves match will have seen why. I'm sure we underate him because, we're, well Palace, and not used to seeing this kind of thing lately, but he was clearly on a different world to anyone else on the pitch yesterday. Inury free, surely he'll end up playing for England at some point?

Johnny Bryne was a THIRD division player by the time he was picked for England btw.
Old 27-12-2009, 08:23 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt

And just to add, IF he does get a good move in January and is let loose on Premiership defenders, it will be very hard for Fabio Capello to avoid the temptation...He is THAT good.
lol please remember everyone this is the same person a couple of years ago said lee hills will be playing for a top 4 club and england by now and sean scanell was worth in excess 10m+ a couple of years ago also. Moses is easily the best youngester we have had in recent years but dont get over excited about watching a player in two games against pretty poor opisition.
Old 27-12-2009, 08:30 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd
lol please remember everyone this is the same person a couple of years ago said lee hills will be playing for a top 4 club and england by now and sean scanell was worth in excess 10m+ a couple of years ago also. Moses is easily the best youngester we have had in recent years but dont get over excited about watching a player in two games against pretty poor opisition.
Haha!!!! I have never said that about Hills and Scannell. You are getting confussed about what I was saying about Victor; I said when he was 16 that 1) He would end up playing for a Top four club & 2) Was worth in the excess of £10m.

I stick by that. Don't put words in my mouth about over players FFS.
Old 27-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

Fever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screenFever Pitch has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd
And Bill should know, his missus is an Arsenal scout
Old 27-12-2009, 10:39 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
at least that explains why he does some running when she watches
Old 27-12-2009, 11:04 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Way over the top. He had a great game against Burnley (2 seasons ago - last game of the season to confirm our place in the play-offs). But has he really moved on that much? To compare him with Rooney at his age is laughable. As to a 2010 World Cup place please put away those rose tinted specs.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)