Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2018, 02:53 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I am of the opinion that this thread should be in Memory Lane or World of Football. He left us a looooong time ago now and news about him or his career has, at best, very little but probably absolutely no relevance to our current setup.
Old 16-08-2018, 04:41 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan eagle View Post
So Kenny Sansom 172 games for missed 1 game in a run of 156 games and he didn’t care for if that’s not care and commitment don’t what is, in Vince Hilaire‘ he talks openly about his love for Palace
PB is just a troll. His posts are of absolutely no relevance.

Kenny's transfer to the Gooners was dictated by his desire (need?) to clear family gambling debts. To the best of my knowledge he never expressed a desire to leave for his own reasons.

Oh, and WFOW is right; this thread should be in Memory Lane.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 16-08-2018, 07:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I heard from way back then that Kenny Sansom’s departure was down to paying off a gambling debt, but I’ve just finished reading Vince Hilaire’s autobiography where Kenny actually writes the forward. He touches upon his departure to Arsenal. He said the truth was he didn’t want to leave. He spoke to Venables on the Monday at training and agreed a new contract. He then came in the next day and as he walked past Venners office, he called out, ‘Ken don’t get changed. Drive over to Arsenal as they want to sign you.’

Kenny revered Venners like a father (he didn’t have one), and just did whatever he asked him to do. He said, ‘Venners always said I wanted to leave but he’s a fibber. He’s a crafty Cockney and kept that story going. Going to Arsenal was great but I didn’t want to go. Palace was where I started and I’d had a fantastic few years there with friends and some great team mates. Palace at that time was the kind of place where anyone who sign settled in within five minutes, the team spirit was that good.’
Old 16-08-2018, 10:08 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Heard a similar story when Terry Fenwick was sold to QPR . Told by Bloye I think he was sold.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:33 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I just googled Moses to see how old he was and if he was still playing.

He's only 30 and yes, still playing. But I was genuinely amazed that he is still contracted to Chelsea?!
Old 05-05-2021, 12:21 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
But I was genuinely amazed that he is still contracted to Chelsea?!
If you were amazed about that.........

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-05-2021, 07:59 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I guess this could well be Loftus-Cheek's career. Effectively a journeyman, who is well paid by Chelsea, and in turn they are well paid by the clubs paying loan fees to them.

What a shit system
Old 05-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
I just googled Moses to see how old he was and if he was still playing.

He's only 30 and yes, still playing. But I was genuinely amazed that he is still contracted to Chelsea?!
Really!?

Yes!

put in a MOTM performance for Spartak-Moscow only yesterday...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Always had a real soft spot for VM given his back story, bring him home, right sort of age for us
Old 05-05-2021, 08:33 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
I guess this could well be Loftus-Cheek's career. Effectively a journeyman, who is well paid by Chelsea, and in turn they are well paid by the clubs paying loan fees to them.

What a shit system
Is really shit isn’t it. Weird set up. Imagine returning back to Cobham training in between loan deals. Would feel very strange.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:00 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

What a shit system
Victor has had a significantly more successful career than Wilf with League & Cup winning medals plus played in European tournaments. Not bad for a journeyman!
Old 05-05-2021, 09:59 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Really!?

Always had a real soft spot for VM given his back story, bring him home, right sort of age for us
Not sure he gets injured enough to play for us.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:27 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Victor has had a significantly more successful career than Wilf with League & Cup winning medals plus played in European tournaments. Not bad for a journeyman!
Also played and scored in a World Cup Finals (admittedly not the actual final, but the finals - Russia), putting him in a elite few for ex-palace players.

Though I think it was overcast at the time, because Jedinek became the first ever serving Palace player to score in a World Cup Finals.

I liked Victor Moses, and was sad to see him go, and the Chelsea system of Loans as a means of revenue generation has let

Last edited by dogstar721; 05-05-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:30 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
Not sure he gets injured enough to play for us.
Dont you mean, you are not sure if he gets injured a enough for him not to play for us if we sign him

On paper he has had a great career... Played for Liverpool, Chelsea, in European, World and African cups.

Still feels though that he never fully achieved his full potential.

He's suffered at the hand of Chelseas 'child labour' policy of buying everyone and then pimping them out to increase club turn over to overcome financial fair play.

How many players development / careers have suffered as a result.

Glad the loan system is being restricted.

Even if a bit of an old crock these days I would welcome him home.. I'd love to see a game start where he Wilf, Mitchel & Clyne start... if only for sentimental reasons... then throw on a couple of the under 18s!!
Old 05-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Losing Vicmo was a real blow, especially as he came through Palace and might have stayed with us if not for administration.

Vicmo and Hermann Hreiđarsson are the main ones I think of that 'got away', and in more recent terms AWB of course.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Losing Vicmo was a real blow, especially as he came through Palace and might have stayed with us if not for administration.

Vicmo and Hermann Hreiđarsson are the main ones I think of that 'got away', and in more recent terms AWB of course.
I don't think of AWB as being one that got away personally. We got excellent money for him. Vicmo stings because we sold him on the cheap due to the situation at the time.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
In another reality we had a 22 year old Zaha and a 24 year old VicoMo ripping teams apart
Old 05-05-2021, 06:02 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post

I never understood why we sold Marcus Bent so cheaply but that was a long time ago.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I don't think of AWB as being one that got away personally. We got excellent money for him. Vicmo stings because we sold him on the cheap due to the situation at the time.
Yeah I agree that AWB was a decent bit of 'business' but it would have been great to have at least got a couple of seasons with of a local home-grown talent who has been with us for 9 years. since he was 11 years old and had the stats of being the best defender in the world

I meant in the context of putting the business aside, players who I knew were the bollocks and continued to watch them being the bollocks after they left Palace. We've been quite lucky, to be fair, in the respect that we haven't let that many slip through the net.