Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-11-2013, 11:04 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Eagle View Post
Time for Hansen to retire (along with Brucie).

No analysis of either the sending off nor the goal line clearance in the last couple of minutes. MOTD getting very sloppy and unprofessional. At least that knob Savage wasn't on.
No coverage of the Hull fans' demo either. All in all it was pretty crap coverage.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Two beers from Selhurst

Streathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStreathamite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is Lineker not just having a dig at an arsenal associated player? He always seems to do that.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:07 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychippie View Post
I don't know why people get so irate about a programme that has had its day , and a bunch of arseholes ,whose comments are worthless ?
just like the programme , which is well past its sell by date
as for lineker well he is just a 1st class arse licker .....
I got irate last night because I got back late from Hull yesterday and wanted to watch the 'highlights', as you might expect, but instead had to watch a crappily edited two minutes followed by pathetic, smug and useless comments from Messrs Lineker and Hsnsen. And we as licence payers are paying for this! At least with Sky we have an option not to pay.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:08 AM
56 years and counting…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streathamite View Post
Is Lineker not just having a dig at an arsenal associated player? He always seems to do that.
Well he should take the piss out of a current Arsenal player then, not a previous one!
Old 24-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
Lineker's comment about Pulis I think is just him kidding around. Hard to be offended by Lineker. Hansen is just a lazy, lazy pundit who phones it in week after week. It's a shame, when he first became a pundit he was interesting and a step above what we'd had. Now he just phones it in for 90% of MoTD and displays that he's only got any interest in LFC and the top clubs. Sometimes I don't blame him after that long as a pundit, it's the BBC's error for giving him a big contract and pay rise last time out and losing Lee Dixon to ITV as a consequence (who is a much better pundit)
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Awful coverage of the game. If you looked at it as a percentage there was too much focus on showing Bruce and Pullis for long chunks rather than play. They could have shown Pullis after the match without eating into their allowance. Chamack has been doing a decent job putting himself about. One could see that getting battered twice by McShane may actually have been a bit 'naughty' and worthy of a card. Ours was the performance of the day when all MOTD has said previously was we are gone
Old 24-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls View Post
I replied to his tweet about Chamakh an hour or so ago saying 'except his general play has been good this season, but to know that would mean watching and game and not rehashing cliches'. It was my second edit after debating calling him a goggle eared scrote in capital letters.

10 mins later and he's deleted all his tweets talking about Chamakh.

You're welcome BBS.
Don't worry, I've just reminded him about his crass comment.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:23 AM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Not bothered by Lineker...
As Chocky says, Hansen has never got over the 4-3 when we started the steady demise of 'Pool...
Of course he's right re a certain lack of quality for his beloved top half of the Prem, but don't tell me Hull were full of quality and invention... they were on a par with us yesterday - and came out losers. Indeed, I've seen a few teams who we can seriously think about finishing above now. Time to worry Mr Hansen
Hansen dines with Delia Smith so I'm sure he sees the put downs towards Norwich's fellow strugglers as a way to stay in her knickers and continue to enjoy her cherry topped wobbly pink blancmange's, full bush tucker haddock sandwich and chocolate ring surprise.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 24-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I knew a BBC producer who did not like Jools Holland, and would tell me on a few occasions what an unpleasant person he is. Which again goes against the public persona of him. However the guy was a bit of a tight twat so maybe Jools Holland simply did not like him, which I thought was an easily understood viewpoint to hold.
The ex-Producer is a very pleasant female, which I suspect was part of the problem for Lineker. A massive misogynist, allegedly......
Old 24-11-2013, 11:29 AM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah View Post

Again, laughable punditry. No analysis of the sending off, and Kilbane said it was a 'smash and grab' performance. Sure, Hull had more possession, but only 1 more attempt at goal than us.
Indeed. Lazy and cliched punditry. "Smash and grab" describes a game where one team walks away with a narrow victory having been battered from start to finish.

I'm biased of course but I think we were the better side in all areas of the pitch yesterday, and comfortably so.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Iam sure he started crying when he went off after touching his head then looking at his hand.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:35 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Got some very shady stories about Jools Holland, Gary Lineker, Ian Wright and Alan Hansen but I'll be saving them all my biography.

All I'll say is, they are as twatty as you think,
Old 24-11-2013, 11:44 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
The ex-Producer is a very pleasant female, which I suspect was part of the problem for Lineker. A massive misogynist, allegedly......
Fair enough. The guy I knew was an up himself twat, who had the insincere smile of a Peter Mandelson and would not stand his rounds in the pub unless reminded, though he would still complain that he was being unfairly picked on, while handing over the money to the bar staff.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobham Eagle View Post
No coverage of the Hull fans' demo either. All in all it was pretty crap coverage.
No surprise really. The powers that be don't want fans standing up for themselves and the integrity of their club.

Was very impressed with the Hull fans in the first half and a standing ovation from the Palace support as their fans battled with the stewards to get their banner back.
Old 24-11-2013, 11:58 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Strikes me as someone who tries to be part of the one of the lads cliché and tries to be funny with his snide comments but it doesn't really work, a bit like Alan Partridge
Old 24-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Hansen dines with Delia Smith so I'm sure he sees the put downs towards Norwich's fellow strugglers as a way to stay in her knickers and continue to enjoy her cherry topped wobbly pink blancmange's, full bush tucker haddock sandwich and chocolate ring surprise.
Very good, can't help wondering what the "surprise" might be though....
Old 24-11-2013, 12:07 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Chamakh played very well with a bad cut and should have been given the credit he deserved.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:11 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Very good, can't help wondering what the "surprise" might be though....
That will be when the drunken old slag pukes in his mouth.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 24-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
With Lineker I always feel it;s a bit tongue in cheek. With Hansen however, and his mutterings about 'quality', it's as if he still hasn't forgiven Palace for that cup semi-final!
Old 24-11-2013, 12:14 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
very interesting update on this.

Just checked his Twitter timeline and he has DELETED the tweets re Palace, clearly someone has had a word or he has realized that whilst one stand alone jokey dig in a tweet is ok, three tweets and a snide comment on air was too much yesterday.

People say it's just a silly tweet here and there, but he seemed to be really gunning for us yesterday.