Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 07:21 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Why is everyone acting like a crack fiend on the BBS lately? A taste of the Premiership, and people have gone nuts.

If our chairman grills a candidate and he cacks his pants and does a runner, rather we find out now than later, no? Our ambitions aren't stellar. I'd say surviving another season would be great. Get money in the bank, safeguard the future. Build some financial stability. Pulis managed to keep us up with what we had, what reason have we got not to stay up again? It's the same players.

If a manager doesn't back himself to stay up with this team, plus a couple of new players, then he can do one.

Teams running riot with transfer fees and wages is one of the reasons football is messed as it is. I'd rather our chairmen take a stand, and if we go down, so be it. We would be well setup to have a go coming straight back up like West Brom.
People want us to stay up, that's all. Given the financial rewards, it seems like false economy not to invest in an attempt to do that. Parish said new manager in Tuesday or Wednesday, that now looks unlikely. It is also getting more and more unlikely that we'll sign any decent players before the window shuts. I can't help feeling that we've hit the self-destruct button already. Hope I'm wrong, of course.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:22 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
So, last season, our first season back in the PL and we have the debacle of signing a whole new squad and the very poor start. Then Holloway walked out.

Now, second consecutive season in the PL, we have to face our manager walking out, a few very good but not exciting signings and have to go through the manager recruitment process once again. We all know how long this takes us.

Why the **** can we not have a drama free start to our PL campaigns. Its piss poor
Don't forget the horrible debacle of finishing 11th last year.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:23 PM

eagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle View Post
this bit is reason - and is fine.

this bit isn't reason. Why must it have been Parish? That kind of negates the rest of your post really
If it's over backroom staff it's saying to MM you are the manager but you have to do this and oh btw you have to do this.

A less hearted manager would probably accept this but a strong willed one like the way our team is drilled and our spirit wouldn't, hence why they have disagreed before he has been officially appointed.

I'm now worried we will have a less hearted manager which is something we can't have in this second PL season.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:23 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
I can't help but feel that the perceived problem lies with those fans throwing themselves off cliffs over twitter / press rumours amounting to nothing rather than a chairman taking due process to get yet another crucial decision right (or at least giving himself the best chance of making the right decision).

I don't know how many more times people need trusted inputs by the likes of Browett or Bright to endorse just what a good job Parish and the board are doing before people will give them the benefit of the doubt.

We all criticise a board who are feckless or who don't have the balls to push back against the tide of utter ***** and parasites in the game and yet still moan when they look to act conscientiously. I don't know why Malky hasn't worked out (if he was even nailed on to take the job) but I'm pleased that the board don't shoot their bolt as quick as many on here.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Why is everyone acting like a crack fiend on the BBS lately?
Can only speak for myself, but it's probably explained by the shit load of crack I've done in the last few days
Old 20-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
How much did you lose OP?
Old 20-08-2014, 07:25 PM

squired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is finesquired is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Windsor Eagle, the best post on here for a long time.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:27 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Jesus God knows what this board would be like of it was around in 1980 under a certain Ray Bloye
Old 20-08-2014, 07:27 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst I don't agree with the OP here I do find it funny that we can't even question Parish without the sycophants jumping in.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:28 PM

W Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietW Malling Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
I can't help but feel that the perceived problem lies with those fans throwing themselves off cliffs over twitter / press rumours amounting to nothing rather than a chairman taking due process to get yet another crucial decision right (or at least giving himself the best chance of making the right decision).

I don't know how many more times people need trusted inputs by the likes of Browett or Bright to endorse just what a good job Parish and the board are doing before people will give them the benefit of the doubt.

We all criticise a board who are feckless or who don't have the balls to push back against the tide of utter ***** and parasites in the game and yet still moan when they look to act conscientiously. I don't know why Malky hasn't worked out (if he was even nailed on to take the job) but I'm pleased that the board don't shoot their bolt as quick as many on here.
Well put and agree with most of it. It's just that THIS TIME there's real urgency about it and he said Tuesday or Wednesday. That's why this one is ever so slightly different imo.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:30 PM

eagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
How much did you lose OP?
Lost nothing on it currently wishing I had a similar style lay of MM or TS on Monday like I did with DP last year.

I just hope this doesn't go on as long as last season as I was hopeful and still am that we can make a good start as I feel we need the points in the 1st half of the season due to our tough end.

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Would you really expect Bright or Steve Browett to say anything different?!

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Don't forget the horrible debacle of finishing 11th last year.
Yes and the guy who got us didn't want to stay any longer.

If you think we will hit 11th again then you're living in cloud cuckoo land.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH View Post
Whilst I don't agree with the OP here I do find it funny that we can't even question Parish without the sycophants jumping in.
Thanks Fraser I knew writing this what I would be in for.

It's a bit like the Conservatives writing 'Donald Duck' as their candidate for prime minister and still having the same loyal voters voting for them.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Problem is Windsor, parish said on national tv that this would be resolved by Tuesdays or Wednesday, silly move with hindsight.

All I know is I'm probably going to sink a large amount of beer before west ham. First year in the main stand, hope this is acceptable.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Other problem with pushing back against the parasites in football is that you cannot do it alone, SJ tried this and become a pariah.

****ed up I know but that's football.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:37 PM

old geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is here
Is Parrish becoming a major liability with his management style?
Old 20-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
Whilst I can't hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did to save the club. This can never be forgotten he has a lot to answer for to the fans once all of this settles down.

I was torn between Parish and Pulis last week and at first was on the Pulis side before thinking that Parish made sense over the weekend after the Arsenal fixture.

However, I now think Parish has left us in an untenable position for the season. The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last. It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job. Based on this why would a manager now want to come and manage Crystal Palace?

To me the whole of this triggers around Zaha. Rumours are he was caught earlier speeding in Coulsdon which shows he is in the area and seems ready to sign. If this is the stumbling block then Parish just has to sign Zaha and then appoint a manager and not interfere.

As we have become a bigger club and attracted bigger names and managers it seems apparent that they will not stand for any interference from Parish and he and the board have to have the faith to believe in a manager and let them manage this football club in the way they feel appropriate. DF was inexperienced but since him IH,TP and beyond have shown signs in the media that they have been irritated by Parish and haven't had a strong working relationship with him.

It's all beginning to look like that KM could get it as his a nice guy would listen to Parish and is respected by the club. If this was the case as much as I like KM this would be a disaster.

At this stage I would want Steve Clarke as our manager. 2nd choice Jol but please not Tim Sherwood.

Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.

Something tells me our board won't lose much sleep over some random, self-obsessed "fan" who is having a "crisis of faith".
Old 20-08-2014, 07:40 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Only looking at people out of work and then insisting they work with what we have, it's all a bit cheap really.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:41 PM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Is Parrish becoming a major liability with his management style?
No. I think we need to give him some slack.