Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Other problem with pushing back against the parasites in football is that you cannot do it alone, SJ tried this and become a pariah.

****ed up I know but that's football.
On the Tuesday or Wednesday comment it was caveated with 'hopefully' and given the radio silence from him since MOTD I'd wager he has been working flat out towards that end.

Re: pushing back, I agree that a unilateral approach won't cause a sea change and I don't see him doing it in the same way as SJ (public outburst however true antagonising everyone) but by not letting any player or manager assume a position of power over the club by acquiescing to their demands then at least our actions protect the interest of the club. All that we can do in the circumstances.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
IT'S PARISH.

One R - not two.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:58 PM

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Can anyone actually name these backroom people of Malky's?
Old 20-08-2014, 08:00 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Parrrish

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Steve parish has the interests of palace in his bones he will do the right thing without him we would be in the conference by now I'm sure he knows what he's doing

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce the voice View Post
I mostly agree with this. Certainly I have every faith in the board, and I'll always be grateful to them. But I think the problem is in part the minute by minute nature of news these days. If things 'drag on' for a few hours people call it a "shambles,' as if decision, negotiations etc don't take time. Can you imagine what would have happened during the crazy days of 1981? Now that was a shambles. Clearly some things have not gone to plan, clearly Parish, who comes across as a man of integrity, is not perhaps perfectly suited to the rotten world of modern football, football manager, etc, but the reaction of people on here is ludicrous, and incredibly immature.
That's a really good point.

One mistake SP made in my view was indicating strongly when interviewed on MOTD that an appointment would be imminent. He even mentioned the possibility of Tuesday.

He would of been better insisting that we could play the long game in terms of bringing in a new boss, or he could of declined doing the interview at all. The club owner is under no obligation to talk to the BBC. In a way he unwittingly fed this frenzy.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:01 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Have you heard of collective responsiblity?
From Bright too? Are you implying then that Browetts admission of being 'ruthlessly honest' isn't actually true because he'd tell a bit of a porky to protect his own reputation instead of remaining quiet if he was at all dismayed?

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 20-08-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

Sloth is playing for a contract
You get judged on results. If we stay up again this season then all will be well, but if we go down, they board will have to take responsibility. This latest upheaval will be seen either as a stroke of genius or a total cluster ****,
Old 20-08-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
That's a really good point.

One mistake SP made in my view was indicating strongly when interviewed on MOTD that an appointment would be imminent. He even mentioned the possibility of Tuesday.

He would of been better insisting that we could play the long game in terms of bringing in a new boss, or he could of declined doing the interview at all. The club owner is under no obligation to talk to the BBC. In a way he unwittingly fed this frenzy.
But surely he was just being candid (the very thing people accuse him of not being)!?

His words were 'I am aware that I don't have as long as last time given the nature of the transfer window. I'm busy arranging diaries and moving people about as I will need to see people and make a decision quickly. Hopefully I'll have it sorted by Tuesday or Wednesday'.

Note hopefully and note that it is still Wednesday. It hasn't been immediate, but it has hardly been 'dragging on' either.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:06 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
From Bright too? Are you implying then that Browetts admission of being 'ruthlessly honest' isn't actually true because he'd tell a bit of a porky to protect his own reputation instead of remaining quiet if he was at a dismayed?
I'm not over analysing it all that much to be honest, I just think that a co owner and ex player who is heavily involved with the club are not likely to give their own heart felt view when asked questions and you wouldn't expect them to either.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I'm not over analysing it all that much to be honest, I just think that a co owner and ex player who is heavily involved with the club are not likely to give their own heart felt view when asked questions and you wouldn't expect them to either.
I agree to an extent, just on these occasions it wasn't in response to direct questions so much as postings made of their own accord.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
But surely he was just being candid (the very thing people accuse him of not being)!?

His words were 'I am aware that I don't have as long as last time given the nature of the transfer window. I'm busy arranging diaries and moving people about as I will need to see people and make a decision quickly. Hopefully I'll have it sorted by Tuesday or Wednesday'.

Note hopefully and note that it is still Wednesday. It hasn't been immediate, but it has hardly been 'dragging on' either.
I think he shouldn't of done the interview at all to be honest. I am not saying his intentions weren't good, and he probably wanted to address the fans, not least the 3,000 at the Emirates. But I think a lot of club owners would of been seen but not heard on Saturday.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:10 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Does make me laugh how Parish can **** up this badly and still have usual suspects defending him like he has done nothing wrong
How the **** do you know Parish has ****ed it up.......
Old 20-08-2014, 08:11 PM

andyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyf5000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
....or maybe they look at the facts and think Parish has actually done a pretty good job over the last 4 years and deserves a little more respect and support from his club's own supporters?
Old 20-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Location: Village of Shepherdswell, which is between Dover and Canterbury.
pots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpots1970 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think I must be one of the sycophants. The reason I do not criticise Parish, is for the same reason I would not criticise a surgeon, what the feck do I know about it. I have never run a multi million pound business or a football club. Yes I can have an opinion, which I base on facts, not on rumour and gossip. All I know is that we are not struggling in division one in front of 8,000. We are a premiership team, something I could only dream about a few years back. Give the bloke a break, are you all so perfect.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
David kerslake, Richard collinge and joe McBride moved with him to cardiff from Watford
Old 20-08-2014, 08:13 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not saying parish hasn't done well by the club, I'm simply asking why we can't question him without the usual people and comments cropping up.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
David kerslake, Richard collinge and joe McBride moved with him to cardiff from Watford
Are they all still out of work, do you know?
Old 20-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH View Post
I'm not saying parish hasn't done well by the club, I'm simply asking why we can't question him without the usual people and comments cropping up.
Go on then, what are you questioning?
Old 20-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Keith Millen is one ofus,if any new manager does not want Keith,they can **** off