Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH View Post
I'm not saying parish hasn't done well by the club, I'm simply asking why we can't question him without the usual people and comments cropping up.
I'm sure you can question him. But by the same token, you can't then complain when people defend him.

eastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
I think he shouldn't of done the interview at all to be honest. I am not saying his intentions weren't good, and he probably wanted to address the fans, not least the 3,000 at the Emirates. But I think a lot of club owners would of been seen but not heard on Saturday.
Not saying you're wrong, but I think this sums up the no-win situation he was in regarding press communication. There were plenty on here fuming because at that point it was - 'we've heard nothing from Parish', etc.
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Maybe he thinks why should loyal employees like Millen & Garner lose their jobs just because TP walked?

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf5000 View Post
....or maybe they look at the facts and think Parish has actually done a pretty good job over the last 4 years and deserves a little more respect and support from his club's own supporters?
Oh please, bore off and come back when you are capable of reading what is written and understanding the conversation.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:18 PM
not the real Joyce

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pots1970 View Post
I think I must be one of the sycophants. The reason I do not criticise Parish, is for the same reason I would not criticise a surgeon, what the feck do I know about it. I have never run a multi million pound business or a football club. Yes I can have an opinion, which I base on facts, not on rumour and gossip. All I know is that we are not struggling in division one in front of 8,000. We are a premiership team, something I could only dream about a few years back. Give the bloke a break, are you all so perfect.
humility will get you nowhere on the internet
Old 20-08-2014, 08:19 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking rocks View Post
Maybe he thinks why should loyal employees like Millen & Garner lose their jobs just because TP walked?
Or maybe he thinks I'll need them soon enough..
Old 20-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
Are they all still out of work, do you know?
McBride was his coach, Kerslake the assistant manager, Collinge the physio.

Bringing them in would see Manos and Millen leave.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:22 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Why is everyone acting like a crack fiend on the BBS lately? A taste of the Premiership, and people have gone nuts.

If our chairman grills a candidate and he cacks his pants and does a runner, rather we find out now than later, no? Our ambitions aren't stellar. I'd say surviving another season would be great. Get money in the bank, safeguard the future. Build some financial stability. Pulis managed to keep us up with what we had, what reason have we got not to stay up again? It's the same players.

If a manager doesn't back himself to stay up with this team, plus a couple of new players, then he can do one.

Teams running riot with transfer fees and wages is one of the reasons football is messed as it is. I'd rather our chairmen take a stand, and if we go down, so be it. We would be well setup to have a go coming straight back up like West Brom.
Spot on...we finished 11th last time so we don't need loads of new signings. what we have signed so far is good and another 2 or 3 squad players would be nice as cover as we released about 8. If Pulis couldn't back himself then we're better off without him.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:23 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I bet he wishes no he'd have just given Pulis total control of the transfer budget for a season !

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 20-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
We can't lose Alex Manos, that man is a cult hero of mine.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I bet he wishes no he'd have just given Pulis total control of the transfer budget for a season !

i bet he doesn't
Old 20-08-2014, 08:26 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
I'm sure you can question him. But by the same token, you can't then complain when people defend him.
I'm not as such, but what I find odd is the same point being used over and over again when people jump to his defence. "Without him there would be no Palace" "he is palace through and through" etc etc. None of that is in doubt but does that mean he should then be exempt from criticism if people believe he may be doing things wrong? It's all about opinions. This thread is a prime example.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:27 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
i bet he doesn't
Better than this shit and getting relegated, because thats the way we are heading

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 20-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Not quite what you think

Aunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAunty Alyce : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I really can't be arsed to post anything original in reply, so I'll just modify a post I made a few days ago.

Does anyone else get the feeling that some of the 'usual suspects' on the BBS would have been disappointed had Pulis remained as manager? This latest bit of drama gives these sad ***** a further excuse to have a go at the Board (and SP in particular).

It was the same last year. The predictable bile and venom following the departure of Freedman and then Holloway. Of course they mostly went quiet as we first achieved promotion and then climbed the table after Christmas - but this is a new season and another manager departing, so here they are again.

CPFC2010's record to date has been practically perfect. Despite all the setbacks, each time SP has made the right call, the Club has advanced, and I have no doubt he will do so again.

I have no idea why people like you are so keep to have a pop at SP at every possible opportunity. In view of where the Club is today, just a few short years after near extinction, are you not even slightly embarrassed by your ridiculous sniping?
I agree with you James. The only truth in this whole matter is that non of us know the truth. The speculation, the betting the rumours have no basis in fact. Personally I am very happy with what CPFC 2010 have achieved and put my faith in their judgement, which is incidentally made with full knowledge of the facts.
Criticise if it makes you feel better about supporting CPFC. I will wait for the outcome. Good Luck to CPFC 2010.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:28 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Just been reading Steve P's Twitter account and feel sorry for him. I think he deserves a break given the success the board have brought to this club.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Better than this shit and getting relegated, because thats the way we are heading
We're not heading in any way at the moment

We've only played 1 game FFS and did better than we did in the corresponding fixture last season (under Pulis)

Its not an ideal situation, but suggesting we are heading for relagation at his stage is ridiculous

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love CPFC 2010, but even I am starting to think something is not right.
Too many things seem to going wrong.

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
If parish is fighting keiths corner then it is for the good of the club.

Same people slating him are the ones that were slating him in the 'Dougie' saga.

BUT, this sort of thing CANNOT keep happening, especially to the same person. Questions will and rightly be asked. Much like Steve wants to understand other people, we want to understand him. We always land on our feet, but this situation in manifesting in a completely different way given what is at stake.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH View Post
I'm not as such, but what I find odd is the same point being used over and over again when people jump to his defence. "Without him there would be no Palace" "he is palace through and through" etc etc. None of that is in doubt but does that mean he should then be exempt from criticism if people believe he may be doing things wrong? It's all about opinions. This thread is a prime example.
I do agree with you about the 'they saved the Club blah blah blah' People can't keep trawling that one out ad infinitum. It's a bit like how we won the World Cup in 1966.

But some people do seem to have an agenda against SP in particular.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:30 PM
father of John

Ron Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have to agree that a lot of people can't see the wood for the trees where Steve Parish is concerned over the whole of this debacle.
I can understand why, they have utter support for the club, which is laudable, managers come and go, owners come and go, but we are always here so in some ways it's our club more than anyone's.
However, loyal support is one thing, blind faith another altogether.
Try and look at the last week from both angles in turn. Looking at it from an anti-Parish stance, he comes out looking like an arrogant know all who fails to get on with anyone and interferes in the running of a football team (as opposed to a football club). From the pro-Parish perspective he comes out as a principled, if slightly naive, businessman, who has been incredibly unlucky in the timing of events that came completely out of the blue and is taking his time to fix them properly.
The truth is probably somewhere in between, we obviously don't know the facts and never will, but in all honesty it is more credible looking at it objectively that a fair deal of this mess Parish has brought on himself.