Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2015, 10:26 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I do play as a goalkeeper. Have done for 25 years. Funnily enough I conceded a goal last week where it was a fierce shot, but saveable and I parried it back into the middle of the box where their player scored.

And guess what, I knew I should have pushed it away from goal pretty much as soon as I done it. The difference is, I play Sunday League, Jules is a PROFESSIONAL and should be doing better.

Nice try Wayne.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:30 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Knight View Post
With all due respect, it's my opinion and just because I'm in NZ, doesn't mean I can't see what's happening, so maybe try and add to the debate rather than taking a pop at me.
You can only see what the producers decide to show you so whilst you see much of the highlights you also miss a fair amount too.

I was disappointed Jules was in the starting line up, disappointed Delaney was and Campbell. Hennessey murray and bolasie would made us stronger from the start IMO.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Omnipotent deity

Lego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLego Knight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
You can only see what the producers decide to show you so whilst you see much of the highlights you also miss a fair amount too.

I was disappointed Jules was in the starting line up, disappointed Delaney was and Campbell. Hennessey murray and bolasie would made us stronger from the start IMO.
I accept that, and I was more specifically talking about the second goal. And although I can't watch the games live now, I did in the past and appreciate you miss a lot from just TV, but you still see enough to be able to judge a game. I however, just don't think there's a better keeper at Palace than Jules at the moment, long term though, I don't expect him to be number 1.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:51 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree. Speroni is a legend but play on form
Old 21-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
anti-addick is a nancy boy who would rather neg rep than discuss.

Last season's Speroni parries the recent shots away from the goal or at least past the players.

Maybe he can improve again, but he's showing no signs of it.

Legend, but time to see what we have before we attempt to replace.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Hennessey

Legend...

... But one who is gifting the opposition a goal a game at present. That cannot continue.

Give Wayne a four-game run and see where things stand in a month's time. That, after all, is the entire point of competition for places.

See also: Hangeland & Dann at the back please. Staggering that Brede was dropped after being our standout player two games in a row.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 21-02-2015, 11:01 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is time, unfortunately.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceRichard View Post
Unfortunately, this has gone beyond just kicking and commanding the area in my view. Pure and simple, the last 3 home games have seen Julian parrying the ball straight to a forward who has scored each time. He got away with another of those at Leicester.

This is not good enough at this level, and has affected the result in each of those games. Julian has been a tremendous servant to CPFC, but it is time to have a look at whether Hennessey can cut it (not least to give Julian a break to rebuild some confidence). If we don't find out, then we will be possibly looking for 2 keepers in the summer.
If Julian had not made any of those initial saves - I would agree with you.

On those chances the attacker has had a free shot on goal and JS has parried the shot. He just has not been backed up by his defenders.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:19 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
I agree that we need to find out whether or not we have to go out and buy another keeper in the summer and the only way we will find out is by playing Hennessy.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:22 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Knight View Post
I however, just don't think there's a better keeper at Palace than Jules at the moment, long term though, I don't expect him to be number 1.
So how much have you seen of Wayne Hennessey?

He played against Dover and played against Southampton where he pulled off an excellent late save.

Is Speroni playing well? No. So lets give our international goalkeeper a run of games and see if it is an improvement or not.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:24 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
He needs a run to see if he is up to the role of number 1, I believe he is based on his performances for Wales and Wolves in the Premiership.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
But wait every other goalkeeper makes mistakes every week. Reefa addict Tim has time to sit around watching every minute of every game in world football and Jules is the only goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes apparently.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do play as a goalkeeper. Have done for 25 years. Funnily enough I conceded a goal last week where it was a fierce shot, but saveable and I parried it back into the middle of the box where their player scored.

And guess what, I knew I should have pushed it away from goal pretty much as soon as I done it. The difference is, I play Sunday League, Jules is a PROFESSIONAL and should be doing better.
Your point just describes how hard it is for a keeper in the top leagues.

You are an amateur goalie facing a shot from an amateur forward.
Jules is a professional goalie facing professional forwards.

Jules would get less time to react than you would.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Play nice now everyone

Quote:
But wait every other goalkeeper makes mistakes every week. Reefa addict Tim has time to sit around watching every minute of every game in world football and Jules is the only goalkeeper who doesn't make mistakes apparently.
Today was probably a game to test out Hennessey as it was a game we were not expected to win.
Would have placed less pressure on him and we could see what he was made of.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Your point just describes how hard it is for a keeper in the top leagues.

You are an amateur goalie facing a shot from an amateur forward.
Jules is a professional goalie facing professional forwards.

Jules would get less time to react than you would.
The trouble is, is that true or just a guess? Can you prove that a professional can or does actually shoot harder than someone on a Sunday?

I thought not!
Old 21-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Spilling a free kick fired straight down a keeper's throat - no matter how hard it's hit - is a poor mistake whether it's Speroni vs Liverpool or Latvian Eagle vs Brighton's REMF team.

Hence his comparison isn't that much of a reach.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 21-02-2015, 11:40 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
If Julian had not made any of those initial saves - I would agree with you.

On those chances the attacker has had a free shot on goal and JS has parried the shot. He just has not been backed up by his defenders.
I think that he is parrying those efforts directly into a dangerous zone. We have possibly been unfortunate that attackers have been in that exact spot each time (maybe defenders could have followed in for the Lallana goal). Julian has to be pushing those shots away from the middle of the goal. Never easy but makes all the difference at this level.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:42 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pleeeease give wayne a chance
Old 21-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi View Post
Spilling a free kick fired straight down a keeper's throat - no matter how hard it's hit - is a poor mistake whether it's Speroni vs Liverpool or Latvian Eagle vs Brighton's REMF team.

Hence his comparison isn't that much of a reach.
We've all done it. The problem is the frequency it is happening. Once fair dos. But it does seem to be every game at the moment Jules is making some sort of cock up. Fair enough Hennessey probably didn't cover himself in glory at Southampton, but he needs a consistent run of games to truly be judged, not once every couple of months.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Silly Sausage
Closed Thread