Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Emanuel Adebayor discussion

Looked very relaxed in sky interview which is encouraging
Old 27-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
One thing that struck me, in a good way, about his interview, was that he wasn't blowing smoke up our arses, saying 'oh, it's always been my dream to play for Palace' or whatever.
If he wants to break Drogba's record, he's going to have put a shift in, and score goals.
I don't care if that is the only thing motivating him, that's good enough for me
Old 27-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is hereAquila_17 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
One thing that struck me, in a good way, about his interview, was that he wasn't blowing smoke up our arses, saying 'oh, it's always been my dream to play for Palace' or whatever.

Came across very level headed and honest.

We need someone to smash them in and if he can do that, then great, his record is impressive, but then his fall-outs are also widely recorded. Hope we keep Jedi in this window, sense his influence could be vital in keeping the squad focussed and honest.

Welcome Ade, prove me and the other doubters wrong please.
Agreed... I particularly liked what he said he can bring to the team and dressing room if he's allowed to laugh and be himself. We have strong, level headed, management at the club who encourage self-expression within the ethos of the club. Could the masses be wrong?... is the Earth flat?

Now we wait, support and watch. Great times to be a Palace supporter!
Old 27-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Who voted **** off you mercenary dickhead then?
Old 27-01-2016, 11:00 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have nothing to lose signing any striker is a risk ask Liverpool fans about bent eke Very happy with the deal
As long as we stay up will be very pleased
Parish and pardew doing a good job
Old 27-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Six years ago today we went into administration...now we have Cabaye and Adebayor. I'm excited by this signing and our position in football...don't care what any of you negative lot have to say about 'he could be this, he could do that blah'. Lets enjoy having a player who's played for arsenal and real Madrid in our team.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I liked that he said he already knew some of our players and was looking forward to playing with them. Even if he doesn't have a passion for Palace, he should want to do well for his mates and not let them down.

Wasn't so keen on him referring to himself as 'Adebayor', rarely a good sign when people refer to themselves in the third person!
Old 27-01-2016, 11:07 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Massive risk, hopefully big reward.

No my choice but welcome.
I would have said very low risk?, 6 months wages probably subsidised by Spurs
Old 27-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I would have said very low risk?, 6 months wages probably subsidised by Spurs
Read somewhere this morning we are paying him around the 70K mark a week with the top up coming from Spurs - a calculated risk but cost halved if we can shift Campbell
Old 27-01-2016, 11:11 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Looked very relaxed in sky interview which is encouraging
Would be better if anyone could understand a word he says.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 27-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
If he wants to break Drogba's record, he's going to have put a shift in, and score goals.
I don't care if that is the only thing motivating him, that's good enough for me
He'll also be aware that his money runs out at the end of the season. Going to be much easier for him to find a club if he's banging them in with us.

As a 6 month stop gap I'm all for it.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
I'd put him on the bench for the next match.

Even a 20 minute cameo at the end of the game will carry more goal threat than our other attackers.
Indeed. And he'll get match fit by playing matches. As long as his base fitness is good, which it probably is, he should hopefully be able to make a cameo Saturday or Tuesday.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Wasn't so keen on him referring to himself as 'Adebayor', rarely a good sign when people refer to themselves in the third person!
From seeing other interviews with him, I think he understands he's a commodity in his country, and to his fans. So when he does refer to himself like that, he's talking about the 'brand', not himself.

I must say, I like him from the interviews I've seen. Seems pretty honest, enthusiastic and switched on. Aside from what he can bring on the pitch, I suspect he'll prove a few people wrong and actually be a very positive influence in the dressing room.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:21 AM

dan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is heredan27 Sam the man is here
Top strikers score goals. Adebayor is a top player, he will score goals.

The most similar recent transfer I can think of is Anelka to West Brom/Bolton. He scored goals despite being written off as a mercenary/sulker etc. Even though it ended somewhat acrimoniously at WBA, he scored goals during his time there.

I am sure Bayo will be the same.

It could have been better.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:26 AM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Me too! A weakness of many an ego-driven boxer who believe themselves to be a brand. But, on the whole, happy to have the man on board.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:27 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
Who voted **** off you mercenary dickhead then?
Me. I think it's a dreadful signing. The fella will take at least a month to get match fit/sharp having not started a competitive game since November 2014. We'll be paying him a shit of load of money. He's widely regarded as a lazy and troublesome player etc..

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and I will celebrate every goal he scores like a madman - And I genuinely hope it's plenty, but I just can't see it.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has he earned the right to have his name sung yet?
Old 27-01-2016, 11:30 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
People are already calling him 'Bayo'
Old 27-01-2016, 11:30 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
All the JCLs voting for the positive options just because he's signed
Old 27-01-2016, 11:34 AM

SteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
Depends if he claps the fans.
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16