Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-01-2016, 11:44 AM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbald-eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I would have said very low risk?, 6 months wages probably subsidised by Spurs
if he gets us 2 places higher in the league than we would be without him, he's paid for himself and more.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:49 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
The fella will take at least a month to get match fit/sharp having not started a competitive game since November 2014.

He was playing for Spurs (all be it as a sub) until May 2015 so you'd assume he was match fit(ish) up to that point.

Not saying I disagree with you in terms of the impact he's going to have mind.
Old 27-01-2016, 11:53 AM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace_Akie View Post
The fact its only a deal till the end of the season makes it a good deal, low risk rather than giving him three years.

This time last year we signed Shola Ameobi to a similar deal so I'm certainly not complaining.
That puts this deal in perspective!
Old 27-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm pleased Adebayor has been given a 6 month chance by Palace.

I hope that he will not bring agendas.
I hope he will clear his head, train hard and concentrate on doing his best.

Give 100% and the fans will get behind him. Especially if he slams in some goals!

Norman Wisdom.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:20 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
As long as he bangs in goals I really don't care about any of the other bs.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:22 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
I'm pleased Adebayor has been given a 6 month chance by Palace.

I hope that he will not bring agendas.
I hope he will clear his head, train hard and concentrate on doing his best.

Give 100% and the fans will get behind him. Especially if he slams in some goals!
The positive is that it's his last chance in the prem. If he fails at Palace I don't see him getting another chance with another club, at least not on those wages.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:26 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I would have said very low risk?, 6 months wages probably subsidised by Spurs
The Times this morning said we're paying £77k a week and Spurs £25k. Seems a reasonable six months deal. He is 32 next month and has to play well to get another substantial contract anywhere.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
As with other signings, I'm going to see how he does in a a Palace shirt before damning him to hell. I'm nice like that
Old 27-01-2016, 12:31 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I liked that he said he already knew some of our players and was looking forward to playing with them. Even if he doesn't have a passion for Palace, he should want to do well for his mates and not let them down.

Wasn't so keen on him referring to himself as 'Adebayor', rarely a good sign when people refer to themselves in the third person!
Whilst I get where you're coming from, one thing that most top quality strikers have in common is confidence that has traversed fully into the realms of arrogance. Think Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo, that utter wanker C*ntona (spit) etc.
Old 27-01-2016, 12:33 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Me. I think it's a dreadful signing. The fella will take at least a month to get match fit/sharp having not started a competitive game since November 2014. We'll be paying him a shit of load of money. He's widely regarded as a lazy and troublesome player etc..

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and I will celebrate every goal he scores like a madman - And I genuinely hope it's plenty, but I just can't see it.
Genuinely can't see it?

I get that people may be too irritated by his supposed mercenary attitude to be welcoming towards his signing, but he's not failed to score well at any of his clubs. There are a few things that could go awry during his time here but I don't think his ability in front of goal will be one of them!
Old 27-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I remember us signing a player before who hadn't played for a year (for a very different reasons).

Anyway - that worked out ok.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I remember us signing a player before who hadn't played for a year (for a very different reasons).

Anyway - that worked out ok.

Yeah but he was a honky, not a lazy arsed jon jon.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:16 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Really good interview with EA. Spoke well, seemed relaxed and almost ready to play.
Can tell he's a very driven man when he mentioned about being a couple of points off 5th, got a good feeling about this one.

Last edited by Bones14; 27-01-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:19 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ladbrokes are offering 5/1 that he leaves Selhurst Park without scoring. How dare they!!!
Old 27-01-2016, 01:27 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great article in 442 dispels all of the stereotyping he's been subjected to in life and on these pages..

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-01-2016, 01:31 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
5/6 weeks ago I was against the idea, now I feel he may be exactly what we need to give our season a good kick up the arse!

I think he'll give the whole club a lift and if we can get him anywhere near his best then we'll have a hell of a player.
Old 27-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Exiled to Yorkshire

martin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemartin.cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRY MONK View Post
Late move
The Monk was right - very late move
Old 27-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Doucoure Enjoyer

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (1.45 MB, 988 views)
Gamertag: Baarnzz
Old 27-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He will be fine for six months as he's playing for a contract. It's next season he will be shite.
Old 27-01-2016, 02:06 PM

GtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGtExpectations came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He will make a lot of these negative remarks look silly. But then this thread will be buried in applause by then.