Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Is anyone else concerned about his lack of form? So far, not much to get excited about
No.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
I didn't see the first game
Townsend had more shots on target than Zaha and Bolasie manage in a month.

Granted they were all comfortable saves for Foster, but it was encouraging to see him testing the 'keeper rather than fannying around with it for 30 seconds.

He'll get a decent amount of goals and assists for us, no doubt about it.

Last edited by Kirby; 22-08-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Old 22-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Dear fecking god, we still haven't played a game with 4/5/6 of our strongest 11 yet! What the hell is wrong with some people...
Old 22-08-2016, 04:50 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Dear fecking god, we still haven't played a game with 4/5/6 of our strongest 11 yet! What the hell is wrong with some people...
8 months. 2 league wins.

The side that played saturday was still stronger and cost much more than our previous seasons.....
Old 22-08-2016, 05:02 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
Ward is too one dimensional and makes his life a lot harder than it should be. Sign Trippier.
Think we have numerous priorities before looking at right back
Old 22-08-2016, 05:12 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
8 months. 2 league wins.

The side that played saturday was still stronger and cost much more than our previous seasons.....

The point is it's not a balanced team yet, we have not played our first choice central midfielders together (I'm talking about Cabaye and MacArthur), if we are to believe that Tomkins is going to partner Dann as CBs, that also has not happened in a full match, Benteke yet to play and also seems inevitable at least one other forward will be joining in the next couple of weeks.

I thought we played some good stuff at Tottenham and when Macca and Cabaye are back and hopefully firing on all cylinders, it is only going to make the jobs of Townsend and Wilf more easier and in turn Benteke and Wickham or whoever else we get in will benefit.

I don't think Spurs really put us to the sword with all their resources and were extremely fortunate with the goal as Damo would probably have dealt with the corner had he not been injured prior to it.

I am certain Townsend will come good. Wingers are very rarely the most consistent of performers, as we know only too well from our own experiences.

He will have games where he completely outplays the opposition defence and that really should equal goals with improved striking options we should have in place by September.

Palace have just spent closer to 50 Million pounds in one summer, apparently not finished yet, none of the players bought have spent a game together on the pitch - yet people are still moaning.

Quite incredible, a bit like moaning about a new house before the foundations have been made.

Last edited by CP Satellite; 22-08-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:09 PM

DarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDarkAngel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The one thing that worries me about Townsend is he doesn't lift the crowd in the way that Bolasie does.

Bolasie would get the crowd off their feet because he was so unexpected. With Townend there is lots of stepovers but not much end product right now.

Feel very disappointed with Townsend so far, but think it's more down to bad tactics from Pardew.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:14 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
The one thing that worries me about Townsend is he doesn't lift the crowd in the way that Bolasie does.

Bolasie would get the crowd off their feet because he was so unexpected. With Townend there is lots of stepovers but not much end product right now.

Feel very disappointed with Townsend so far, but think it's more down to bad tactics from Pardew.
I love Bolasie and will always have great memories but please remind me just how much end product he produced last season? Loads of skill and great entertainment but not a great deal to show for it
Old 22-08-2016, 10:19 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd rather Townsend got me off my feet with a few goals and by sticking a few free kicks in the net as he has done in the past than with a load of tricks that end in nothing.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I love Bolasie and will always have great memories but please remind me just how much end product he produced last season? Loads of skill and great entertainment but not a great deal to show for it
Exactly, we all jumped to our feet and there was always a feeling of excitement when he was off on one of his mazy runs, but that unfortunately, was it. Either a cross to the opposite corner flag or watch out row z! I'd rather less tricks and entertainment and more end result
Old 22-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
If anything, he's tried a bit too hard, but the fact is, he's put in 100%. He knows he's replaced a cult figure (well, not exactly replaced, but you know what I mean) and that must be at the back of his mind.

Completely ripped us to shreds at Newcastle last season, so we know he can do it. Give the bloke a break, he will come good.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:27 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Townsend has always lacked end product, just like Bolasie.
Old 22-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
The point is it's not a balanced team yet, we have not played our first choice central midfielders together (I'm talking about Cabaye and MacArthur), if we are to believe that Tomkins is going to partner Dann as CBs, that also has not happened in a full match, Benteke yet to play and also seems inevitable at least one other forward will be joining in the next couple of weeks.

I thought we played some good stuff at Tottenham and when Macca and Cabaye are back and hopefully firing on all cylinders, it is only going to make the jobs of Townsend and Wilf more easier and in turn Benteke and Wickham or whoever else we get in will benefit.

I don't think Spurs really put us to the sword with all their resources and were extremely fortunate with the goal as Damo would probably have dealt with the corner had he not been injured prior to it.

I am certain Townsend will come good. Wingers are very rarely the most consistent of performers, as we know only too well from our own experiences.

He will have games where he completely outplays the opposition defence and that really should equal goals with improved striking options we should have in place by September.

Palace have just spent closer to 50 Million pounds in one summer, apparently not finished yet, none of the players bought have spent a game together on the pitch - yet people are still moaning.

Quite incredible, a bit like moaning about a new house before the foundations have been made.
Of course people are moaning, weve won 2 in 23 and have already lost at home to one of the poorest sides in the league

Your last comment is frankly ridiculous, as you dont move into a new house before the foundations a elaid, but we have started the new season, and its just same old, same old
Old 22-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
The form of all our players is poor.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 22-08-2016, 11:23 PM

greasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngreasley69 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Will improve as season rolls on
Old 22-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I have every faith in Townsend. He will become a solid player for us. Give the poor bloke a chance
Old 22-08-2016, 11:28 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
His importance went well beyond goals and assists. Remind me how many league games we won after he got injured?
Old 22-08-2016, 11:30 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Is Trippier actually available?
I don't think so but i'm sure someone will say in November why didn't we sign Trippier when we had the chance and use the made up belief that he is available on the BBS as a source.

As for Townsend, he has had two games, looked OK against West Brom, not so good against Spurs but not out worst player. Anyone judging him after two games is a ****wit.
Old 22-08-2016, 11:33 PM

WashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWashDCEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think this entire team will have sort of the reverse-season it did in 2015-16. Last year's side was pretty well established, not much in the way of controversy for playing time or question as to who would play where. But, the campaign took its toll and the overall quality showed itself when the squad's depth was tested. I believe this year, we do have some questions to figure out and as long as Pardew does his job (which I have questions about), the team will actually grow throughout the campaign. Let's just hope it doesn't take too much longer to start piecing the puzzle together - don't want to fall behind the pace too much.
Old 22-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
Anyone judging him after two games is a ****wit.
cue most freaks on this forum,,,,