Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Give him as many games as wilf has had to prove his worth and then decide ???
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 22-08-2016, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne man View Post
Tried too hard to impress on his return to spuds
The best is definitely yet to come from this guy
Agree, definitely looked like he was trying too hard. Still created our best chance, showed good composure to set up Cabaye - that gave me hope hope he could offer us something we have missed.
Old 22-08-2016, 11:55 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
His importance went well beyond goals and assists. Remind me how many league games we won after he got injured?
And how many since he came back?
Old 23-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
A thread like this after two games?

I'm far more disappointed with our fans these days than anything else.
Agree, it's absolutely ridiculous
Old 23-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is here
I was delighted when we signed AT and think he will become a fixture in our starting eleven. He has a good first touch, a good cross and scores goals. I know it may not be a popular thing to say, but if it comes to just playing one winger, I believe it may well be AT not Wilf before the end of the season.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:46 AM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I find it hard to emphasise with the starting of such a thread as this...

The guy was (up until, recently) a regular international English footballer - he should have gone to the euros, I was there and he did more against Valencia then all our wide men did in that tournament, (except perhaps walker v Wales did put together) - he literally danced around champions league defenders that game that was just over a fortnight ago...

On top of that; We got him for what I believe and most knowledgable observers would deem a bargain figure in the current market - an extremely schrewd piece of business by our chairman...

These slightly infantile threads have got to stop - forget about track record, we stayed in this league is the only historic fact that counts, start looking forward and relishing the prospect of seeing genuine competition from two international keepers between the sticks, a centre half pairing that could be together for 2/3 seasons, a midfield underpinned by cabaye and MacArthur - 2 of the potentially best players I have seen in that position in my 40 + years of watching the red n blue and the trickery and wing play of our home grown talent along with the prospect of seeing one of the premier leagues undisputed greatest strikers backed up by a certain mr Townsend...

And all that lot play for my little unfashionable team - the books are being re written chaps....enjoy the moment...

Give Townsend and all the players (particularly the newbies) time to bed in - keep the faith, if you build it right, it will be potentially taking us one step further than we've ever been before....

I would suggest your glass of horlicks is more than half full my friends - best drink it up and sleep well, who knows the season might be a great one if we stand united behind the team ��

Last edited by cooperman; 23-08-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:53 AM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
And how many since he came back?
He came back from a fairly serious injury, which understandably takes time. He also returned to a side desperately low on form and confidence. Despite that, he was still influential, especially against Arsenal away and in the FA Cup semi final.

At any rate, he's been our most important player each of our three seasons in the Premier League (although Puncheon pushes him close the first season for his crucial goals) Hopefully Benteke will be as influential for us this year, but I'm not certain he will be.
Old 23-08-2016, 02:05 AM

Chris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris B came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStryker View Post
Exactly, we all jumped to our feet and there was always a feeling of excitement when he was off on one of his mazy runs, but that unfortunately, was it. Either a cross to the opposite corner flag or watch out row z! I'd rather less tricks and entertainment and more end result
I never had a feeling of excitement when Bolasie went off on one of his mazy runs because as you say, you knew how it would end.

I was amazed to see the quality of the cross he whipped in for Everton v WBA because I cannot recall many crosses of that quality for Palace.

Perhaps Bolasie will be rejuvenated by his move to Everton. I hope so and wish him well - but £28 million was far too good an offer for us to reject.

Realise this is supposed to be a Townsend thread - far too early to start making judgements!

Last edited by Chris B; 23-08-2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old 23-08-2016, 08:22 AM

Wayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is hereWayne Andrews is God Sam the man is here
2 games, he has played decent and looks better than the average in the team. This is overthinking trying to find excuses for losing 2 games. Bit lame this thread really.
Old 23-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Is anyone else concerned about his lack of form? So far, not much to get excited about
The guy is class and you are concerned about lack of form (when whole team has been shit) after 2 games
Old 23-08-2016, 09:10 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Of course people are moaning, weve won 2 in 23 and have already lost at home to one of the poorest sides in the league

Your last comment is frankly ridiculous, as you dont move into a new house before the foundations a elaid, but we have started the new season, and its just same old, same old
No shit sherlock. That point seems to have flown right over your head.
Old 23-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
No shit sherlock. That point seems to have flown right over your head.
Reading and comprehension is obviously an issue for you
Old 23-08-2016, 09:26 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Haha this thread
Old 23-08-2016, 09:35 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Reading and comprehension is obviously an issue for you
Incredible! I don't think I need to say much more.
Old 23-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Banned by Moderators

SirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
I never had a feeling of excitement when Bolasie went off on one of his mazy runs because as you say, you knew how it would end.

I was amazed to see the quality of the cross he whipped in for Everton v WBA because I cannot recall many crosses of that quality for Palace.

Perhaps Bolasie will be rejuvenated by his move to Everton. I hope so and wish him well - but £28 million was far too good an offer for us to reject.

Realise this is supposed to be a Townsend thread - far too early to start making judgements!
Bolasie had a wicked cross for us people just decide to ignore the lack of movement for him to cross to and blame yala instead.
Old 23-08-2016, 10:33 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Wasn't massively excited by him signing.. Hope he proves me wrong
Old 23-08-2016, 10:39 AM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
He has played 2 games in a poorly managed side. Give him time.
Old 23-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPulis View Post
Bolasie had a wicked cross for us people just decide to ignore the lack of movement for him to cross to and blame yala instead.

It's probably unfair to blame strikers for being unable to hurdle advertising hoardings in order to get on the end of another ballooned effort.
Old 23-08-2016, 10:45 AM

Whitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to OllieWhitney belongs to Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
I find it hard to emphasise with the starting of such a thread as this...

The guy was (up until, recently) a regular international English footballer - he should have gone to the euros, I was there and he did more against Valencia then all our wide men did in that tournament, (except perhaps walker v Wales did put together) - he literally danced around champions league defenders that game that was just over a fortnight ago...

On top of that; We got him for what I believe and most knowledgable observers would deem a bargain figure in the current market - an extremely schrewd piece of business by our chairman...

These slightly infantile threads have got to stop - forget about track record, we stayed in this league is the only historic fact that counts, start looking forward and relishing the prospect of seeing genuine competition from two international keepers between the sticks, a centre half pairing that could be together for 2/3 seasons, a midfield underpinned by cabaye and MacArthur - 2 of the potentially best players I have seen in that position in my 40 + years of watching the red n blue and the trickery and wing play of our home grown talent along with the prospect of seeing one of the premier leagues undisputed greatest strikers backed up by a certain mr Townsend...

And all that lot play for my little unfashionable team - the books are being re written chaps....enjoy the moment...

Give Townsend and all the players (particularly the newbies) time to bed in - keep the faith, if you build it right, it will be potentially taking us one step further than we've ever been before....

I would suggest your glass of horlicks is more than half full my friends - best drink it up and sleep well, who knows the season might be a great one if we stand united behind the team ��
1.706 Pts/Game

2004/2005
P25 W4 D10 L12 F29 A40 Pts22
0.88 Pts/Game

2005/2006
P17 W3 D8 L6 F17 A27 Pts15
0.88 Pts/Game
Old 23-08-2016, 11:48 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Really good player - I like him. No blame for him that we've started so ineptly.

The only downside , however, is that Townsend can only really play on the right which means Zaha has to play left and he's not as effective there. I wouldn't mind seeing Townsend in the No 10 role behind Benteke if we can sign a left winger.