Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-08-2016, 12:38 PM
clooneyeagle

clooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkclooneyeagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It takes time for players to settle into a Team and with the fact he played in a division below last season , I think he has done ok. You could see he liked well with Cabaye when he came on Saturday. With a man to aim for in Benteke and Cabaye on the pitch he will be fine.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Thread Killer

bern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbern5161 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why Aye
Old 23-08-2016, 12:51 PM

CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!CornishPalace has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clooneyeagle View Post
It takes time for players to settle into a Team and with the fact he played in a division below last season , I think he has done ok. You could see he liked well with Cabaye when he came on Saturday. With a man to aim for in Benteke and Cabaye on the pitch he will be fine.
Who played in a division below last season?
Old 23-08-2016, 12:58 PM
BECKENHAM EAGLES

mattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemattyb21 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperman View Post
I find it hard to emphasise with the starting of such a thread as this...

The guy was (up until, recently) a regular international English footballer - he should have gone to the euros, I was there and he did more against Valencia then all our wide men did in that tournament, (except perhaps walker v Wales did put together) - he literally danced around champions league defenders that game that was just over a fortnight ago...

On top of that; We got him for what I believe and most knowledgable observers would deem a bargain figure in the current market - an extremely schrewd piece of business by our chairman...

These slightly infantile threads have got to stop - forget about track record, we stayed in this league is the only historic fact that counts, start looking forward and relishing the prospect of seeing genuine competition from two international keepers between the sticks, a centre half pairing that could be together for 2/3 seasons, a midfield underpinned by cabaye and MacArthur - 2 of the potentially best players I have seen in that position in my 40 + years of watching the red n blue and the trickery and wing play of our home grown talent along with the prospect of seeing one of the premier leagues undisputed greatest strikers backed up by a certain mr Townsend...

And all that lot play for my little unfashionable team - the books are being re written chaps....enjoy the moment...

Give Townsend and all the players (particularly the newbies) time to bed in - keep the faith, if you build it right, it will be potentially taking us one step further than we've ever been before....

I would suggest your glass of horlicks is more than half full my friends - best drink it up and sleep well, who knows the season might be a great one if we stand united behind the team ��
This....

Was also at every England game out in France and Townsend should of been there and his corners alone would of helped solve the Harry Kane debacle...

On a separate note you off to Slovakia??

If so see you out there
Old 23-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Worrying about the form of a player two games into their career at a new club.

Madness.
Old 23-08-2016, 01:45 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by clooneyeagle View Post
You know that Newcastle and Spurs were both in the Premier League last season?
Old 23-08-2016, 01:47 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPulis View Post
Bolasie had a wicked cross for us people just decide to ignore the lack of movement for him to cross to and blame yala instead.
I would have thought you would think he was pony to be honest
Old 23-08-2016, 03:18 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb21 View Post
This....

Was also at every England game out in France and Townsend should of been there and his corners alone would of helped solve the Harry Kane debacle...

On a separate note you off to Slovakia??

If so see you out there
Was you in the bar at the square with the Palace flag in St Etienne after the Slovenia game ? what a great night that was (shame about the football)...

Can't make Slovakia - tbh my bucket list was to watch England in a tournament in a foreign land, having now watched that usual pathetic capitulation and been burnt by our national team for too many years - my emotions cant take both England and Palace
Old 23-08-2016, 03:37 PM
My Name Isn't Jono

Jono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Is anyone else concerned about his lack of form? So far, not much to get excited about
Lack of form after 2 games..

Honestly
Old 23-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
Ward is too one dimensional and makes his life a lot harder than it should be. Sign Trippier.
Ward was our best player at Spurs.

The problem people have with Ward is that he defends and doesn't bomb forward and if he does go forward he busts a gut to get back and defend.

Call me old fashioned but I always like defenders to be able to defend.

Papa will sprint forward then jog back
Old 23-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87 View Post
He wasnt even close to being our best player
Old 23-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

The problem people have with Ward is that he defends and doesn't bomb forward and if he does go forward he busts a gut to get back and defend.

I'd argue that both should be able to do both.
Old 23-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
He wasnt even close to being our best player
Sorry, you are right and I am wrong
Old 23-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry, you are right and I am wrong
Each to their own, but you are way out of kilter

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Each to their own, but you are way out of kilter

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I would assume that about 5% of people who voted attended the game.
Old 23-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:

100% my view too.

It's also a myth that Pape is good going forward, as when you ask how many assists he got last season, it goes quiet.
Old 23-08-2016, 04:51 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:

Don't do drugs..........
Hennessy was our best player
Old 23-08-2016, 04:53 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't make any effort to defend or provide cover for Ward against Spurs.
Both sides were quite poor but Townsend's performance defensively was shocking.
Old 18-09-2016, 06:04 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
hello
Old 18-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
First of many I reckon. Great signing.