Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hide and seek
He hides too well we will never find him 383 47.52%
He's great! 263 32.63%
Moo! 160 19.85%
Voters: 806. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-08-2016, 01:05 AM

Lydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLydder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Christian Benteke

Our track record of marque Striker signings, can only remember a few.......
Kuqi
Akinbyi
Padavano
Gabbiadini

I hope this one goes the other way!
Old 29-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
£5 says he won't get 10 in the league all season.
Old 29-08-2016, 07:24 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Christian Benteke - 4 year deal

Why not stick a fiver on at the bookies to say he will and then try and enjoy the football season.

Like we used to do before message boards and success on demand finances in football.
Old 29-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Had a bet on Scott Dan at 33/1 to be our top league scorer. Stuck £30 on it. Almost a bit gutted we have a decent striker now!
Old 29-08-2016, 07:40 PM

sherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherstonpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Had a bet on Scott Dan at 33/1 to be our top league scorer. Stuck £30 on it. Almost a bit gutted we have a decent striker now!
If only the season could end now. We'd stay up and you'd be £990 better off....
Old 29-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Vast slug.

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherstonpalace View Post
If only the season could end now. We'd stay up and you'd be £990 better off....
Innit, can't cash out sadly. Hardly 5000/1 but never say never!
Old 30-08-2016, 01:14 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I was very impressed with CB on Saturday. Once the service improves I think he'll be a great success.
Old 30-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Lovely stuff

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
His stats suggest otherwise.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 30-08-2016, 05:19 PM

hatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'll take you on with that.
Old 30-08-2016, 07:21 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydder View Post
Our track record of marque Striker signings, can only remember a few.......
Kuqi
Akinbyi
Padavano
Gabbiadini

I hope this one goes the other way!
I'd put Chamakh (signed as a striker) and Adebayor in that category as well. Good luck Christian!
Old 30-08-2016, 07:42 PM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kuqi wasn't a marquee signing. He wasn't even a pop up tent, more a piece of tarpaulin hung loosely over a couple of wooden stakes
Old 30-08-2016, 07:54 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Kuqi wasn't a marquee signing. He wasn't even a pop up tent, more a piece of tarpaulin hung loosely over a couple of wooden stakes
But what a marvellously shaped head.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM

yorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineyorkpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Benteke

Good article in the sun this morning ,"Pards saved me"
Seems really happy with everything ,the free role he is allowed. "I feel i can express myself again even make mistakes". Thats all he needed someone to believe in him ,we know his a great goal scorer , i think we have got a bargin at that price .
Old 05-10-2016, 11:38 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
His ball control is so good. We are a great fit for him and vice versa. Evertons defenders were visibly wilting by the end of that aerial onslaught on Friday.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I think he's starting to really enjoy what being part of Palace is all about, especially having good supportive fans (for the most part). It must be a breath of fresh air and a bit of a shock for him when something doesn't come off and he expects vitriol and abuse like he got at Pool to instead be applauded for his effort!

It's great news for us as will do his confidence no end of good and a player like him thrives on it, the boy will score bucket loads!
Old 05-10-2016, 11:44 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems Martinez has noticed the difference in him as well.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Think we have a player who is going to be considered one of the all time great Palace players. Just looks pure and utter class in everything he does.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:48 AM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
There's a decent, if short, piece on Fansided which explains why. Benteke is the kind of guy that, if you build a team around him, designed to play to his strengths, he will be a success.

The reality is that our set up has been tailor made for him for the last couple of years - we just weren't in a position to sign someone who has the caliber to fit as well as he does, with the immense quality that he has.

Frankly, we're lucky that Liverpool (and many of the other top teams), don't operate the way that we do. It gives me hope that he'll be the focal point of our attack for several years - the Palace way is pace out wide and balls into the box. He's not going to get that elsewhere, and it's not going to in his interest to look for it, provided we look after him, and provided we continue to give him service. Well, continue, but improve. The last few games we have looked like a different attacking beast, and it's exactly what he, and we, need.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:48 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Very early days....but probably the best player to play for Palace. In my lifetime at least.

The difference in him and Wickham (who was hugely over rated anyway) is astronomical.

The best thing of all though, who knew getting a proper striker in would get the best out of Wilf and Punch again.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Very early days....but probably the best player to play for Palace. In my lifetime at least.

The difference in him and Wickham (who was hugely over rated anyway) is astronomical.

The best thing of all though, who knew getting a proper striker in would get the best out of Wilf and Punch again.
Largely agree, though I'd have Wright, Lombardo and Benteke on a par in terms of their ability relative to their teammates.

I think that is a little harsh on Wickham. At 22 I think Wickham has done pretty well and developed out wide as opposed to through the centre. I have hope that he can learn a lot from Benteke and that this can improve his play in and around the box considerably.