Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hide and seek
He hides too well we will never find him 383 47.52%
He's great! 263 32.63%
Moo! 160 19.85%
Voters: 806. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2016, 12:02 PM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Largely agree, though I'd have Wright, Lombardo and Benteke on a par in terms of their ability relative to their teammates.

I think that is a little harsh on Wickham. At 22 I think Wickham has done pretty well and developed out wide as opposed to through the centre. I have hope that he can learn a lot from Benteke and that this can improve his play in and around the box considerably.
Agree RE Wickham. There's a player in there, and he's shown glimpses.

As for the best player *I've* seen, will always be Lombardo. Benteke may get there, and I hope he does, but no, not yet. Benteke relies on players around him doing their jobs, for him to be able to do his (quite excellent so far), job. Lombardo was in a different league. Wright also (although, I think I was too young to really appreciate him - despite having a letter published in the program after that away game at Plough Lane!).
Old 05-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
He's the second coming of Jesus Christ.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:12 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He has so much more to offer i feel, it needs AP to encourage Puncheon to play more balls to his feet, and for Zaha and Townsend to send over much more accurate crosses from the wing on to his head. We have arguably one of the best headers in the division so we must use him to his full potential.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:15 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Agree re getting the balls to his feet. He is amazing in the air and a joy to watch his heading and hold up play using his chest and bringing other into play but we don't want to lose sight of the fact that he's great with his feet too.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Palace & Whitehawk f.c.

Ismale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
He has so much more to offer i feel, it needs AP to encourage Puncheon to play more balls to his feet, and for Zaha and Townsend to send over much more accurate crosses from the wing on to his head. We have arguably one of the best headers in the division so we must use him to his full potential.
Totally agree & to be fair to Pardew,its something he did mention in his post match interview with SKY after FT at Goodison last Friday night about "Getting balls to feet" to CB.

As others have said It does appear we are both the perfect fit,he must love the support he gets from the stands & will continue to receive even when he goes through the "Drought" As all Strikers will experience at some point in their career or even during a season.

Long may "The Fit" continue I say!

Noel Gallagher
Old 05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
I have been very impresssed by old velcro chest.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
It simple- play to his strengths, I'm not a huge Pards fan, but he's played a masterstroke here.

I don't do hero worship, but for the first time in 4 seasons, we have a proper premier league striker.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
He flies. Seriously, you see the pundits moaning that he wasn't marked at this free kick or that corner, but I think he's unmarkable. He's perfect for us. Hope that clown Martinez is looking after him.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:08 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Has always had both the physical attributes and the skill. Fabulous header of the ball. Don't think it is the time to have a pop at Wickham who hopefully will learn from Christian. Some of the goals scored by CW have been extremely well executed, a bit like Andy Carroll. Hopefully he will develop into a real handful himself. Fairly priced when we bought Christian but his value will rocket with 20 goals which he is more than capable of.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:11 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
It simple- play to his strengths, I'm not a huge Pards fan, but he's played a masterstroke here.

I don't do hero worship, but for the first time in 4 seasons, we have a proper premier league striker.
We hopefully also have a premier league keeper and pair of CBs, we have had the wingers. Bit more cover/better options in midfield and FBs and we will seriously challenge the top 6.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:13 PM

stevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestevedb55 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So strong, he has that ability that only the top players have - to create time and space out of nothing.

Have to say, he has impressed me more than I expected, great start. He has also been fed some top quality crosses, hopefully that will continue....
Old 05-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:

Cricket wanker.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is hereDavy64 Sam the man is here
Lets hope he stays fit, looking forward to seeing him and Remy together.

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 05-10-2016, 01:44 PM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Lets hope he stays fit, looking forward to seeing him and Remy together.
I'm not sure it's Benteke's fitness that'll scupper that potential partnership!

Agreed though. It's scary how good we are (on paper), up top.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
He's a joy to watch, but simply has to stay fit. It's a bit scary to think what we're left with if neither he or Remy are available.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:02 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Will he play with Remy though. Can Remy play the no 10 role?
Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is going to be the best Palace striker of all time. He is playing in the best team I have ever seen at Selhurst and is coming into the prime of his career.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Think we have a player who is going to be considered one of the all time great Palace players. Just looks pure and utter class in everything he does.
Completely agree and but he needs to know that he is very much wanted.

Norman Wisdom.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:19 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Quote:
It simple- play to his strengths,...... we have a proper premier league striker.
Is the correct answer...
Old 05-10-2016, 04:18 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Top striker we've been crying out for, for years