Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Hide and seek
He hides too well we will never find him 383 47.52%
He's great! 263 32.63%
Moo! 160 19.85%
Voters: 806. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2016, 03:18 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Watching the replay of the header v Everton, I dropped a load allover the monitor and keyboard. Monitor wiped clean but keyboard had to be replaced.
Jizz must have dried in the spaces between the keys cos when I went to type
I ended up with gtrtrtrgg j88689r768j
I'm not sure how to reply to that Kayjay other than to say be more careful next time
Old 06-10-2016, 03:25 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here

Klopp - You never told me Benteke was that ******* good.
Pardew - No do-overs. He's ours.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 06-10-2016, 07:19 AM

Crystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was really hoping that we could attract Benteke or Bony, as they seemed to be the perfect fit for our system.
Based on the first few games of each for their new clubs, it also seems that the CPFC management made absolutely the right call to go all out for Benteke, has just been a pleasure to watch him so far (and to be fair, it's becoming more and more a pleasure to watch some of the team's passing and movement in general).
COYP!
Old 06-10-2016, 08:50 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post

Klopp - You never told me Benteke was that ******* good.
Pardew - No do-overs. He's ours.
Look at the difference in the size of poppy's on their chest.

Nazi wanker.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:18 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Paul View Post
I was really hoping that we could attract Benteke or Bony, as they seemed to be the perfect fit for our system.
Based on the first few games of each for their new clubs, it also seems that the CPFC management made absolutely the right call to go all out for Benteke, has just been a pleasure to watch him so far (and to be fair, it's becoming more and more a pleasure to watch some of the team's passing and movement in general).
COYP!
we picked the right one out of those 2. Bony made a bad career choice to going to Man City and has struggled for form
Old 06-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Let's wait until he has past 20 goals before we start lording him as best player ever bollocks
I can wait until Boxing Day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 06-10-2016, 09:43 AM

Leeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeeroy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotkick View Post
I like his modest goal celebrations - nicely understated.
His celebration is awesome... its called "the silencer" , he pinched from Lebron James.. looks better when Benteke does it tho, he even has that on Fifa 17 when he scores, looks great.

He desperately needs a decent song, not that crap lion sleeps one either.

It obviously needs to be a song that has 3 syllables in for Ben-Tek-E, an example being

"Walk this way" by run dmc/aerosmith.

Gonna be a Palace Legend im sure!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:47 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I love his celebration but he certainly didn't need to silence anyone at Goodison Park
Old 06-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Probationary User

Wilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWilbo sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
With the "dark art" of shirt pulling becoming less and less in the league, I believe Benteke will be up there with the leagues top goal scorers this season.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
I would also add Bright to that. Although Wright and Bright were not world superstars 91 goals in 227 appearances for Bright and 90 in 225 for Wright are brilliant scoring records and would take some beating for us
I really rate Benteke but he's not as good as Wright. Wright had everything as a striker, pace, skill, workrate, goalscoring ability, football brain and he was even good in the air (although Benteke is obviously better). Wright in his prime would've been successful in today's football without question.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:20 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Benteke

I know IW was a late starter but how old was he when he joined us out of interest?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:22 AM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I know IW was a late starter but how old was he when he joined us out of interest?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
22 i think
Old 06-10-2016, 12:00 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think IW was 23, as he was on Saturday Live last week talking about his career. He hardly played for Greenwich Borough even so was really late getting into the professional ranks. It is amazing how he has matured as a speaker and pundit. I love him anyway, but he talks a lot of sense.
Back to Benteke! I don't think he's the best player we've had, but as an 'old fashioned' CF he is the best I've seen here. It is very early days, but he verged on unplayable vs Everton. He can hold the ball up, pass well, and scores with head and feet, and his backheel up the line in the second half was fantastic. I think we've got a real bargain at that price. He shows how bad poor old Wickham is.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:40 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjay View Post
Watching the replay of the header v Everton, I dropped a load allover the monitor and keyboard. Monitor wiped clean but keyboard had to be replaced.
Jizz must have dried in the spaces between the keys cos when I went to type
I ended up with gtrtrtrgg j88689r768j
Danger
Old 06-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Just seen a great chant on YouTube that would be excellent for Beneteke. Oh Christ-ian Beneteke. He plays at number 17. Yes he cost a f&@king fortune. But he scores goals so that's alright by me. Sounded great and quite apt and amusing. Originally sung by Leicester under title of 'oh his name is Leonardo' if anyone wants to google it.

Last edited by Mr Bo Jangles; 06-10-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
I think IW was 23, as he was on Saturday Live last week talking about his career. He hardly .
He was 21 when he signed
Old 06-10-2016, 09:53 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Parish said it was the Yanks who pushed to get Benteke.

They deserve some credit for showing that ambition.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Parish said it was the Yanks who pushed to get Benteke.

They deserve some credit for showing that ambition.
I wonder who we would have ended up with from the bargain basement without their insistence... Hal Robson-Kanu probably.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:28 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Although I understand why people reach for it, I am not sure the label of 'old fashioned centre forward is a good one or fair to Benteke.

For one, I think most people hear that as a negative, not a positive, for two, I think it's seriously underselling him. I don't remember the 'old fashioned centre forwards' having the sort of touch and creative skill that he has displayed. I don't remember many scoring 1 in 2 either - certainly not at Palace !!!

The problem is that because this sort of lazy pundits description of him sticks.

On the latter I have only just heard Carragher's post match analysis of Benteke and he really is a d**k isn't he. Before, during and after, it was really sticking in his throat to acknowledge anything positive about him. if Liverpool player had scored that goal he would have been droning on about it for weeks. I have always found him useless as a pundit and almost embarrassing alongside Gary Neville. Even Jamie Redknapp makes him look awful.

Also interesting to hear Henry talk about him and Lukaku and clearly show how Liverpool manager and team mates failed to leverage him. Showing the positions and timing of his runs and basically how the players simply failed to get the ball into him.

CB is better off out of there and their missed opportunity is hopefully the springboard for something special for us. If we can start to get the ball into his feet too he will score a hatful for us.