Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2017, 04:57 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
De Boer says he's incredibly fast, which I assumed was the defining quality of a wing back. And he seems good enough on the ball to me. He's been playing RB for Utd in pre season (in a back 4). Maybe he's not great at crossing or something. Or maybe I've got the qualities of the wing back wrong.

I'd feel much more comfortable with a back 5 of Fosu-Mensah, Tomkins, Dann, Riedewald (or even Sakho) and PVA over what we saw yesterday.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
De Boer says he's incredibly fast, which I assumed was the defining quality of a wing back. And he seems good enough on the ball to me. He's been playing RB for Utd in pre season (in a back 4). Maybe he's not great at crossing or something. Or maybe I've got the qualities of the wing back wrong.

I'd feel much more comfortable with a back 5 of Fosu-Mensah, Tomkins, Dann, Riedewald (or even Sakho) and PVA over what we saw yesterday.
A back 5! Crikey. In effect the 343 drops to a 541 when pushed deep but starting with 5 at the back every week sounds like a bad idea to me.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:12 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Did feel sorry for him playing on the same side as Ward yesterday. Did alright considering.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:32 PM
California Palace

CPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
Either way it wasn't enough to warrant going down like that.

His reaction/behaviour shocked a number of people around me in the AW.
Have you ever been elbowed in the face regardless of intent? It's enough to knock any man down ffs.

We are seriously slating one of our best performing players on the day because he fell down when he was elbowed in the face? Next week can't come soon enough.

Please join the Southern California Palace Supporters pages.

Twitter https://twitter.com/CPFC_SoCal
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpfcsocal/
Old 13-08-2017, 05:34 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFCalifornia View Post
Have you ever been elbowed in the face regardless of intent? It's enough to knock any man down ffs.

We are seriously slating one of our best performing players on the day because he fell down when he was elbowed in the face? Next week can't come soon enough.
I thought that was a bit weird too TBH
Old 13-08-2017, 06:08 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstpierPalace View Post
Did feel sorry for him playing on the same side as Ward yesterday. Did alright considering.
Would have swapped them round personally. Not sure Ward would have got close to making that tackle though when Dann fecked up

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 14-08-2017, 06:17 PM

PeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fearPeteCampbell is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Thought he was fantastic. Glad we have him and he will be great for us this season.
Old 27-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Timothy Fosu-Mensah Discussion

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is nice.

Also, his diagonal balls are tasty, it's a real shame our team isn't set up to make the most of them.
Old 27-08-2017, 10:46 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Very good player.

Play him at right back in a flat back four and we'll see a bit more joy.

Clinton Morrison
Old 27-08-2017, 11:18 AM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good player and will be a premier league player for years but still inexperienced and allowed ayew I think to get across him far too easily for the header in the third minute and then almost gave Abraham's a soft goal in the first half as well
Point is he has great potential but he is not there yet and we are doing a great job for man utd
Old 27-08-2017, 11:22 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Point is , it's another loan player . no long term plan
Old 27-08-2017, 11:58 AM

He has made an excellent start since his arrival and has been our best defender by some distance over the games so far.
Old 27-08-2017, 12:47 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
He's good and he's only going to get better and boy o boy are we going to need him this season.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Point is , it's another loan player . no long term plan
He's done well so far, and has Lofus-Cheek on what we have seen.

I just wish we were in a position where we was blooding our own youth products as opposed to just doing the job for other clubs who then just sell on for a profit...
Old 27-08-2017, 01:03 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He looked the best of a poor defensive bunch. He's much better in central defence then when he's asked to go forward as an attacking right back.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
He has made an excellent start since his arrival and has been our best defender by some distance over the games so far.
I disagree, from what i have seen he comes over as promising no more with a lot still to learn, which offcourse is understandable for a 19yr old. If we are being truthful in the league games so far he has looked suspect at times and yesterday backed that up, which could well be down to the system used and also the players lack of belief and confidence currently.
I really believe we must revert to a Back Four, with possibly a Midfield Five which would offer protection for the Full Backs aswell, especially as it is a newly formed defence that are far too open currently.
We must stop the rot with whatever system it takes which has to be our priority and NOW, which would go against the grain of what FdB is trying to achieve, but what is more important now, FdB beliefs or the future of Palace? as relegation will be catastrophic.
As for Fosu-Mensah i reserve judgement for now based on what i have seen to date, but am sure he will get better, but unfortunately will then return to his parent club is worth bearing in mind.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
I disagree, from what i have seen he comes over as promising no more with a lot still to learn, which offcourse is understandable for a 19yr old. If we are being truthful in the league games so far he has looked suspect at times and yesterday backed that up, which could well be down to the system used and also the players lack of belief and confidence currently.
I really believe we must revert to a Back Four, with possibly a Midfield Five which would offer protection for the Full Backs aswell, especially as it is a newly formed defence that are far too open currently.
We must stop the rot with whatever system it takes which has to be our priority and NOW, which would go against the grain of what FdB is trying to achieve, but what is more important now, FdB beliefs or the future of Palace? as relegation will be catastrophic.
As for Fosu-Mensah i reserve judgement for now based on what i have seen to date, but am sure he will get better, but unfortunately will then return to his parent club is worth bearing in mind.
Disagreeing is good. I think our whole back line has looked suspect in every game at some point. I would still stick by him being our best defender throughout each of the 3 games. He has had a 'moment' in each of the games but the others have all been worse.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:54 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Think all 3 signings are good players. Riedewald has had one poor game and shouldn't be written off either. Fosu Mensah is class though. Maybe we'll sign some more this week despite the league position, who knows.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Think all 3 signings are good players. Riedewald has had one poor game and shouldn't be written off either. Fosu Mensah is class though. Maybe we'll sign some more this week despite the league position, who knows.
I think all 3 are good too. Would like to see a couple more experienced players come in this week as well though.
Old 27-08-2017, 02:10 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Disagreeing is good. I think our whole back line has looked suspect in every game at some point. I would still stick by him being our best defender throughout each of the 3 games. He has had a 'moment' in each of the games but the others have all been worse.
Collectively our defence has been shambolic, hence why we have lost All our games, I would question that he has looked our best as i feel Dann (not one of your favourites from your previous responses) after his long layoff has done a solid job and shades it, but maybe that has not been too difficult currently.