Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:51 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Chungy discussion

Not sure if already thread but thought I'd see because I've been reading that chungy may get a shot at the first team.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:54 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems upset about not leaving
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Its a no from me.

He's not PL standard - not quick enough, big enough or skilful enough.
Plus, Burnley away.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
He hasn’t played consistently for how long? It’s going to take weeks before he’s up to match sharpness. It’s a huge ask to just throw him in the team
Old 08-02-2018, 05:03 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post

that bas t ard Advertiser site is still a menace. Multiple screens, videos, polls, click here click there, stand on your head, turn off sound turn it on jesus

Is it designed by a digital marketing grad who is using all his or her tools in one shot?

moan moan
Old 08-02-2018, 05:04 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Good goal at Stoke, absolutely nothing else. He's a mid-table Championship-quality attacking player. No pace, no strength, no ball skills, not good enough defensively. He's ok technically and a decent passer. That's about it. One of the 2 deadwood players left in our squad (the other being Mutch).
Old 08-02-2018, 05:05 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He's a good pro and ok from the bench but I don't think he's good enough to start.

If he does start all you'd want him to do is whip balls in for the big man though. Maybe Benteke would get more service that way. I'm grasping at straws there though...
Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Technically excellent, but gets whacked off the ball too easily.

I think 'deadwood' is a bit harsh tbh.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 08-02-2018, 05:18 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nowhere near good enough along with Mutch and sadly Delaney.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:43 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
He seems to be remembered for scoring against Stoke, a terrible back-pass, technically competent and being injured. A bit like Sako, I think if he had some time in the team to get up to match sharpness, he'd add a lot to the team. Maybe a few through balls or crosses. He always looks as if he's about to do something useful so to put him in with Mutch is a little unfair.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:50 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
that bas t ard Advertiser site is still a menace. Multiple screens, videos, polls, click here click there, stand on your head, turn off sound turn it on jesus

Is it designed by a digital marketing grad who is using all his or her tools in one shot?

moan moan
Thank the Lord I'm not the only one who finds it exasperating..you've every right to moan
Go for it.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:53 PM
23 years for 6174 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is hereee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Good goal at Stoke, absolutely nothing else. He's a mid-table Championship-quality attacking player. No pace, no strength, no ball skills, not good enough defensively. He's ok technically and a decent passer. That's about it. One of the 2 deadwood players left in our squad (the other being Mutch).
Haven't you contradicted yourself there...no this, no that but ok technically ?
Old 08-02-2018, 05:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post

He's got form for having a moan, hasn't he?
I've seen bugger all to suggest he's as good as he seems to think he is.
Major let-down, and another wasted salary overall.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKungFuCharlie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I actually love how candid he is in interviews.

"I'm absolutely gutted I'm stuck here. I can't even focus on training I'm so very sad."

I mean in an age of dull, scripted football players press interactions, it's bloody hilarious.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Lee won Bolton’s player of the year award in the Prem, and was quite clearly a premier league quality midfielder. Maybe that injury he had when we signed him ruined poor Chungy? Pardew definitely isn’t the manager you want for building up a players fitness again either, so that could be a factor in him not properly recovering.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 08-02-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
He's got form for having a moan, hasn't he?
Yes, but wasn't that at Pardew?

If so, excusable.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Lee won Bolton’s player of the year award in the Prem, and was quite clearly a premier league quality midfielder. Maybe that injury he had when we signed him ruined poor Chungy? Pardew definitely isn’t the manager you want for building up a players fitness again either, so that could be a factor in him not properly recovering.
Yep he was premier league quality. What other club would get a player because he was a bargain even though he had a leg fracture. As much as I love SP for what he has done for many aspects of the club he can be a disasterous Dell Boy
Old 08-02-2018, 06:19 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuCharlie View Post
"I'm absolutely gutted I'm stuck here. I can't even focus on training I'm so very sad."
If he says that because he really wants to play first team football (anywhere) then I have every respect for him, sadly he finds himself a contracted member of a squad where he might be needed now and again. I hope he can focus if needed, and will wish him well for the future.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd be tempted to stick him up top with big Ben. He has the technique to put away his knockdowns.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:29 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't blame him. He is a marginal player here, wheras he was player of the season up in Bolton.

I think he should have had more of a run in the team, but it is probably too late now.