Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2018, 08:17 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Looked a very good player. I would rather watch youngsters playing and giving everything than some of the overpaid lot we have.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:19 PM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
The one positive aside from the fact that we are not being turned completely over by top sides even with half our squad absent. Shame Hennessey's best ever game for us was for nothing in the end.
It's also a shame that his best game ever contained one howler and a weak effort at the end. I don't think the goal was his fault, but you'd think he'd have stronger hands.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:22 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wan-Bissaka was a very bright spot for me today, had some decent help from Townsend and MacArthur to tie that side up.

He's a big bugger as well
Old 25-02-2018, 08:23 PM

dougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdougie87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Grew as the game went on. But if Moura or son had started and had a crack at him they would have got joy looked a bit suss at times but could have been nerves. Like I said got better as it went on .
Old 25-02-2018, 08:25 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Did look quick and a nice crisp pace on his balls (Oh Nelly!).

I was a bit surprised Spurs didn't attack more down his side. Seemed they targeted PVA more... not complaining though.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:26 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Looked a very good player. I would rather watch youngsters playing and giving everything than some of the overpaid lot we have.
Could be plenty of that next season. I imagine Wan-Bissaka, Jach, Kirby, Dion Henry will all be first team players next year.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Thought he looked poor but rather a youth player look like it on his pro debut then Ben Dover up front strutting around like a penguin.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:48 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
This
Old 25-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Thought he looked poor but rather a youth player look like it on his pro debut then Ben Dover up front strutting around like a penguin.
Maybe I'm biased, and obviously you're entitled to your opinion but poor? Why?

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 25-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
The one positive aside from the fact that we are not being turned completely over by top sides even with half our squad absent. Shame Hennessey's best ever game for us was for nothing in the end.
Not losing by 5 or 6 was down to Benteke like finishing from Spurs.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Thought he was naive at times. Perhaps poor is harsh but certainly did nothing striking. Looked a bit lost in a mans game. Caught chasing in the first half and the wild cross in the 2nd that went out. Maybe it was nerves. Nothing against the kid but Roy had the confidence to play him so I expected someone mustard.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:55 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
Could be plenty of that next season. I imagine Wan-Bissaka, Jach, Kirby, Dion Henry will all be first team players next year.
If we go down.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:56 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Fair play to him he did well. Couple of rookie errors but kept Lamella quiet. Especially impressive coming in with no real leaders around him perhaps bar Luka.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Thought he had a fine debut. Nothing sensational but improved as the game went along. Caught out of position a few times but also made some great interceptions. Quite raw but the talent is there
Old 25-02-2018, 09:01 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thought he was naive at times. Perhaps poor is harsh but certainly did nothing striking. Looked a bit lost in a mans game. Caught chasing in the first half and the wild cross in the 2nd that went out. Maybe it was nerves. Nothing against the kid but Roy had the confidence to play him so I expected someone mustard.
It was his professional debut. He's been with the U23s for two years playing in front of a few hundred people against mostly bang average players. It's a huge step up to then be marking Erik Lamela. Especially when he had someone younger than him playing at CB next to him and no real leader to help him out.

Considering his age, lack of experience and the opposition, I thought he did well. Defensively he was better than Van Aanholt. A few passes went astray, but I'm not sure it's fair to point out that his one cross was scuffed when even the very best players do that.

We expect a lot from our players, understandably, but I think it's important to place it in context. If it was a senior pro with lots of games I would understand, but this is a young lad who has never played a senior game - except in pre-season.

Not every player that comes through the academy is going to be like Wilf or Jonny Williams were on debut, or turn into the player that Wilf has.

Old 25-02-2018, 09:02 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
I was pleased for him. Clearly needs some more confidence but he must have been v. nervous. Hopefully he builds on an impressive debut.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Power to the Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
It was his professional debut. He's been with the U23s for two years playing in front of a few hundred people against mostly bang average players. It's a huge step up to then be marking Erik Lamela. Especially when he had someone younger than him playing at CB next to him and no real leader to help him out.

Considering his age, lack of experience and the opposition, I thought he did well. Defensively he was better than Van Aanholt. A few passes went astray, but I'm not sure it's fair to point out that his one cross was scuffed when even the very best players do that.

We expect a lot from our players, understandably, but I think it's important to place it in context. If it was a senior pro with lots of games I would understand, but this is a young lad who has never played a senior game - except in pre-season.

Not every player that comes through the academy is going to be like Wilf or Jonny Williams were on debut, or turn into the player that Wilf has.

Like I say, maybe poor is harsh but he was very raw.

He didn’t do wrong and I’m glad he’s got the first game under his belt.

I know it was a different league but watching Clyne make his debut you could instantly tell he had it.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:

I know it was a different league but watching Clyne make his debut you could instantly tell he had it.
I'm not digging you out here I promise, and I respect what you're saying but in terms of Clyne, he's gone on to play for England and Liverpool. Not everyone is going to reach that level. His debut, as you say, was in a different league, in a different era where people were (I feel) less expectant of young players, and against a much weaker team.

Palace rate AWB highly, and for good reason. I don't think anyone at the club is expecting him to be the next Nathaniel Clyne though.

Old 25-02-2018, 09:12 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Clyne’s debut was against Barnsley. Big difference in quality to Spurs.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Surprised to see his name on the lineup but I thought he contributed quite well on his debut against a tough team. Some wayward passes but certainly one for the not too distant future.

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Closed Thread