Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2018, 09:17 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He played well for a debut, good luck to the young lad .
Old 25-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I'm not digging you out here I promise, and I respect what you're saying but in terms of Clyne, he's gone on to play for England and Liverpool. Not everyone is going to reach that level. His debut, as you say, was in a different league, in a different era where people were (I feel) less expectant of young players, and against a much weaker team.

Palace rate AWB highly, and for good reason. I don't think anyone at the club is expecting him to be the next Nathaniel Clyne though.

Maybe we had it too good then.

I value what you say. I know eff all about the academy. I can only call it how I see it. I’m not one for research of the youth team etc. I turn up in my seat every other Saturday and say what I see.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:26 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Decent debut at a tough time for the club
Old 25-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Curious as to how he is coming forward. Perhaps he can play wing as well?
Old 25-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
I don’t wanna stick it to the kid but surely people know what I mean with a lad who ‘has it’ against someone who doesn’t? Perhaps as I say it was nerves on his debut. I really hope he can forge a career in the top 2 divisions and make a name for himself.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Maybe we had it too good then.

I value what you say. I know eff all about the academy. I can only call it how I see it. I’m not one for research of the youth team etc. I turn up in my seat every other Saturday and say what I see.
You're perfectly entitled to say he had a poor game if that's what you feel, I just wanted to know what it was based on - and your reasoning is fair.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 25-02-2018, 09:36 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
It was his professional debut. He's been with the U23s for two years playing in front of a few hundred people against mostly bang average players. It's a huge step up to then be marking Erik Lamela. Especially when he had someone younger than him playing at CB next to him and no real leader to help him out.

Considering his age, lack of experience and the opposition, I thought he did well. Defensively he was better than Van Aanholt. A few passes went astray, but I'm not sure it's fair to point out that his one cross was scuffed when even the very best players do that.

We expect a lot from our players, understandably, but I think it's important to place it in context. If it was a senior pro with lots of games I would understand, but this is a young lad who has never played a senior game - except in pre-season.

Not every player that comes through the academy is going to be like Wilf or Jonny Williams were on debut, or turn into the player that Wilf has.
Do we judge him as a youth team player making his debut, or do we judge him against our first choice full back (his competition). I thought he did OK... he got caught in possession a few times, and had the poorest pass completion rate (38%) of any player on the pitch.
I'd rather have him as back up full back than TfM though.
Old 25-02-2018, 09:36 PM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
Bit worrying when your MOTM is a young kid making his debut!
He certainly looked promising but what does that say about the performances of the rest of the team today?
Old 25-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Power to the Palace

Quote:
You're perfectly entitled to say he had a poor game if that's what you feel, I just wanted to know what it was based on - and your reasoning is fair.

Old 25-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Wasn't he a bit part in 'Return of the Jedi'?
Old 25-02-2018, 09:42 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Bit worrying when your MOTM is a young kid making his debut!
He certainly looked promising but what does that say about the performances of the rest of the team today?
I don't think he was our man of the match.
Jimmy Mac
Tomkins
Luka
Sorloth

all played better than him.

I liked him... but I think some people are either lowering the bar because he is a youth team player or got their red n blue specs on. He should be proud... he didn't let himself or his teammates down... but there were areas to improve on (as is to be expected)
Old 25-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Power to the Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I don't think he was our man of the match.

Jimmy Mac

Tomkins

Luka

Sorloth

all played better than him.

I liked him... but I think some people are either lowering the bar because he is a youth team player or got their red n blue specs on. He should be proud... he didn't let himself or his teammates down... but there were areas to improve on (as is to be expected)

Luka, Townsend and Sørloth were the stand out players this Sunday lunchtime sponsored by Sky Sports.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:02 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Luka, Townsend and Sørloth were the stand out players this Sunday lunchtime sponsored by Sky Sports.
Yikes
Old 25-02-2018, 10:22 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
I thought he did reasonably well. Shame he didn’t smash that ball up the field rather than leave it for a corner though.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:58 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was down that end of the pitch and looked like he kept it in play.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:02 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Townsend the winger that's forgotten how to be one?

Inneffective and as average as usual.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:03 PM
Power to the Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yikes

Townsend looks shite when Ben Dover does his zombie shuffle to the centre circle. What can you expect?
Old 25-02-2018, 11:04 PM
Power to the Palace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Townsend the winger that's forgotten how to be one?

Inneffective and as average as usual.

Harsh on a player that does everything.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:06 PM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
I liked what I saw! Didn't let us down and was fearless in the tackle.
Old 25-02-2018, 11:50 PM

changepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought he was absolutely fantastic and my MOTM. If he’s that good with first game nerves, how good is this guy gonna be if he plays consistently. Hope he becomes our first choice RB in the not too distant future!
Closed Thread