Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Atmosphere in the ground v Liverpool compared to normal
I sit in the Holmesdale- no difference 79 14.93%
I sit in the Holmesdale- worse 220 41.59%
I sit in the Holmesdale- better 8 1.51%
I sit in the Arthur- no difference 25 4.73%
I sit in the Arthur- worse 82 15.50%
I sit in the Arthur- better 3 0.57%
I sit in the Whitehorse- no difference 10 1.89%
I sit in the Whitehorse- Worse 27 5.10%
I sit in the Whitehorse- better 1 0.19%
I sit in the Main Stand- no difference 23 4.35%
I sit in the Main Stand- worse 47 8.88%
I sit in the Main Stand- better 4 0.76%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Banned by Moderators

Pointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePointsforprizes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A unique opportunity to move to Lower Holmesdale Block B

Basically our club has been going long before the Hf came about 2005, promotions relegations zdf trophy’s when Geoff went up and all that
Pleas tell me where was the hf at Stockport away? Like the atmosphere they bring but no fan or player bigger than the club if they were true palace fans they would sit anywhere inside sp. tell u what when parish puts 8,000 new seats in they can alll sit in there. Stevie kember & bullivant never see no Hf around then .... Cpfc tilll we die
Old 21-08-2018, 06:41 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
First home game of the season. Difficult to gauge support.
Remember last season getting tonked by Huddersfield and Selhurst was a morgue after 20 minutes,...even with the HF

As I understood it a while back, there was a waiting list for ST's, but could be wrong.
Old 21-08-2018, 06:43 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Were anyone in block E asked?
Old 21-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Were anyone in block E asked?
No. The whole Lower tier weren't allowed to renew when the rest of the ground were, and people went onto Parish's twitter and went crazy without actually ever hearing officially what was proposed or how it was proposed to be done.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 21-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
No. The whole Lower tier weren't allowed to renew when the rest of the ground were, and people went onto Parish's twitter and went crazy without actually ever hearing officially what was proposed or how it was proposed to be done.
TBF they had a right to know what the hell was going on.

Block E are the innocent bystanders here.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:09 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post

I watched block E often last night ..... It wasn't singing much other than its front quarter.
Only A B C partly D were trying but the old stand side of the holmesdale and most of E block looked to be barely involved .... other than giving the Liverpool players some grief off the pitch at half time which was good work.
Last night was piss poor from the AW also.. I'm in the AW corner and sadly this is a problem.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:12 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post

^^^ spot on

you can't blame existing fans for querying, when the club runs out of food and beer at its first home game of the season. Would you trust them to manage things properly, so close to the start of the season ?

The trust is gone. (not The Trust, obviously)
Old 21-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I watched block E often last night ..... It wasn't singing much other than its front quarter.
Only A B C partly D were trying but the old stand side of the holmesdale and most of E block looked to be barely involved .... other than giving the Liverpool players some grief off the pitch at half time which was good work.
Last night was piss poor from the AW also.. I'm in the AW corner and sadly this is a problem.
That's simply not true. Lots of singing in Block E last night.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 21-08-2018, 08:20 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
HF are not above the club but they were missed tonight. Good to hear several old school songs though. Parish needs to sort this situation out with blockE ASAP.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
My brother is in the disabled section which is at the back of Block A, I stood with him today. I’m usually in block C. My Dad is in block E.

& we all agreed the atmosphere was f*cking shite today.
I listened to Five Live on the way home. They kept saying how good the atmosphere was.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 21-08-2018, 08:22 AM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
If we can't generate a decent atmosphere at the first home game of the season which is under the floodlights and vs Liverpool then we are done for IMO.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:24 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
That's simply not true. Lots of singing in Block E last night.
at its front maybe ... But only the right side of the lower was really involved in any singing ... Most of the AW was piss poor also.
You don't have to sing obviously and I'm just saying what I observed looking across the stand generally.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:26 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
If we can't generate a decent atmosphere at the first home game of the season which is under the floodlights and vs Liverpool then we are done for IMO.

Soton at home will be terrible. As will other low key games
Old 21-08-2018, 08:30 AM
thanks for coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
The Tommy and Will Young chants were pretty bad.
Hope we don’t hear any of them again, We’re better than that.

You enjoyed them both to be fair
Old 21-08-2018, 08:34 AM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I listened to Five Live on the way home. They kept saying how good the atmosphere was.
The Liverpool fans were the loudest we have had at Selhurst for some time
Old 21-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggin View Post
Don't worry though. We have homophobic chants, chants about people signing on the dole and chants about players who did well for us 13 years ago to keep us going so we definitely do not miss the HF
Old 21-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggin View Post
This is my worry - if everyone turns up thinking that before the game, this, inevitably, is what will happen. The HF have been leading the songs for so long now that most people have simply become accustomed to watching the game and joining in almost subconsciously. It will take a while getting used to doing it the old fashioned way, but to think that there will be no noise from now on is defeatist.

The back of the Arthur have always made a lot of noise and in their own drum free way, can also get the rest of Selhurst going if they are prepared to have a go themselves.

P.S. not a dig at you laggin, your post was simply relevant to what I wanted to say.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:41 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
The Liverpool fans were the loudest we have had at Selhurst for some time
Annoyingly true. Would have been great to have a wembley-esque situation behind the goal, but it was not to be. Massive own goal all round, yet so typically Palace just as we have the makings of a decent side again finally. Can't see any way it can be sorted now. Hope heads roll.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-08-2018, 08:41 AM

Carlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCarlise Few : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am not sure what the club could do.

HF wanted - understandably - to move behind the goal

Club consulted existing season ticket holders who - understandably - did not want to move

I guess the only answer for everyone who savoured the atmosphere is to join in chants with as much gusto as possible - not always easy if we are losing - but at the end of the game we will feel better
Old 21-08-2018, 08:45 AM

cowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcowlin87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It wasn’t that bad, calm down. I genuinely didn’t notice that much of a difference. People saying that people are gleeful at having a dig at the HF aren’t correct. It’s because it wasn’t that bad!
Closed Thread