Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Atmosphere in the ground v Liverpool compared to normal
I sit in the Holmesdale- no difference 79 14.93%
I sit in the Holmesdale- worse 220 41.59%
I sit in the Holmesdale- better 8 1.51%
I sit in the Arthur- no difference 25 4.73%
I sit in the Arthur- worse 82 15.50%
I sit in the Arthur- better 3 0.57%
I sit in the Whitehorse- no difference 10 1.89%
I sit in the Whitehorse- Worse 27 5.10%
I sit in the Whitehorse- better 1 0.19%
I sit in the Main Stand- no difference 23 4.35%
I sit in the Main Stand- worse 47 8.88%
I sit in the Main Stand- better 4 0.76%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2018, 04:29 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can we have those clappy cardboard things now? My hands were starting to hurt.
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Grim.

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"CPFC has been advised by the Holmesdale Fanatics"

Have they just given up? I don't get this?
Old 27-07-2018, 04:30 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Operation stealth takeover of Block E is well and truly under way
I hope so.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:31 PM
The Stockton SLAP

STOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A total disgrace from the club trying to ship in an atmosphere, what a joke we've become.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:31 PM

WandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWandsworthEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
I maybe mistaken, but didn’t they want to kick out normal season ticket holders (ie no special privileges from 2010) from behind the goal, which was not well received by the masses.

Is this a proper toys out the pram moment as they couldn’t get their own way.

The HF wanted to move out of Block B to the block behind the goal and the club looked into this. The fans already in this area made it very clear that they wouldn't give up their seats and the move was shelved. The HF appear to have said that if they couldn't be in the middle then they would disband.

With the season just about to start, the stadium would look pretty odd with 100 empty seats at the front. Anyway, this gives other fans the chance to show that it's not just the HF who can make a noise.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WandsworthEagle View Post
Anyway, this gives other fans the chance to show that it's not just the HF who can make a noise.
I see a problem here...

Old 27-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The HF wanted to move out of Block B to the block behind the goal and the club looked into this. The fans already in this area made it very clear that they wouldn't give up their seats and the move was shelved. The HF appear to have said that if they couldn't be in the middle then they would disband.

With the season just about to start, the stadium would look pretty odd with 100 empty seats at the front. Anyway, this gives other fans the chance to show that it's not just the HF who can make a noise.
That really is shit. You can't demand other people give up their seats for you.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Like he said - toys out of the pram.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Team PR has arrived.

Don’t make promises to fan groups that won’t be kept would be my recommendation.

HF make and attempt to expand the atmosphere to include more people (like at Wembley) and dickheads who have had their seats for a few years cry about it and a promise is then receded. When we eventually get relegated and half of Block E disappears like it did before the PL years, I’m sure it’ll all be worth it to keep a few people in their seats.

Poor form.

Flightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlightsequence : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Does that mean the cupboard they use to store their stuff in is up for rent? I might set up a stall in there selling cheap bog roll for fans to throw on the pitch. One of the spectacles of football in my youth that has had a sad demise imo.

Seriously, does this mean no more Tifos
I also come from the bog roll throwing era, but at my age now, I think I prefer the bog rolls in situ! Especially when I've had a few pints and a burger!

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Club have clearly called HF's bluff.
I think its the other way round! That's why the Club are slightly desperate to keep something going.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:37 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

All the HF's fault then....

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Hopefully the club can hand out song sheets and maybe put some song words on the big screen to get our intimidating atmosphere back on track and make Selhurst a fortress again.
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials.
So MLS
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Operation stealth takeover of Block E is well and truly under way
Seems to make sense, there's bound to be 100 seats in Block E scattered about they can swap into to, problem solved. its about time the singers moved behind the goal where they are traditionally meant to be.
Banned by Moderators

Robert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobert Sole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We are seriously not encouraging another ******* drum?

Otherwise great news. An end to those funeral dirges every game.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:38 PM
The Stockton SLAP

STOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 View Post
A Unique Opportunity to move your season ticket to Lower Holmesdale Block B

CPFC has been advised by the Holmesdale Fanatics that they will no longer be present as an organised group at the front of block B of the Lower Holmesdale stand.

The club would like to thank the HF for their fantastic, vibrant and passionate support - especially the brilliant displays at Selhurst Park and their outstanding contribution to the 2013 and 2017 Wembley finals.

In collaboration with the group, the Box Office has always held back 100 seats at the front of block B for exclusive use by HF members. As all Palace fans know, this is the most vibrant, passionate and noisy part of the stadium but it has previously been impossible for other supporters to purchase season tickets in this “singing section”.

We now have a unique opportunity to offer these seats in the front rows of Lower Holmesdale Block B to vocal supporters who currently have season tickets in other blocks (or further back in Block B) and who would now like to move to this area.

We expect demand to be extremely high so supporters who are interested in moving to the front of Block B are asked to email the Box Office immediately with their details quoting “Block B” in the subject box.

Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials.
What a total joke and mess!

Email Sharon Lacey to become a hardcore fan - we are a laughing stock now! A tragic loss if the HF aren't down there, where are they instead?
Old 27-07-2018, 04:38 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
can we move the away fans back now please?
Old 27-07-2018, 04:39 PM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
A total disgrace from the club trying to ship in an atmosphere, what a joke we've become.
Nonsense. A disgrace would have been to just put the unsold tickets on general sale and let anyone move in there. This makes it clear that only existing season ticket holders who want to be in a singing section can move in.

What was the club to do? Kick existing season ticket holders out of their seats in the middle or leave 100 empty seats on reserve for the HF who don't want them? If anyone has any better ideas than this do let us know.