Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Atmosphere in the ground v Liverpool compared to normal
I sit in the Holmesdale- no difference 79 14.93%
I sit in the Holmesdale- worse 220 41.59%
I sit in the Holmesdale- better 8 1.51%
I sit in the Arthur- no difference 25 4.73%
I sit in the Arthur- worse 82 15.50%
I sit in the Arthur- better 3 0.57%
I sit in the Whitehorse- no difference 10 1.89%
I sit in the Whitehorse- Worse 27 5.10%
I sit in the Whitehorse- better 1 0.19%
I sit in the Main Stand- no difference 23 4.35%
I sit in the Main Stand- worse 47 8.88%
I sit in the Main Stand- better 4 0.76%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Liberal Filth

xab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Block B has been the most vocal block in Selhurst since before the HF were founded.
This (but including the sliver of block A too). They moved to where the atmosphere already was.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does this mean that the f**king drum wont be there next season?

Wonderful!
Old 27-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Can I be the pedantic weirdo that points out the Wembley finals were 2013 and 2016?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 27-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
What’s the policy on other musical instruments?
No flutes.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:50 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xab View Post
This (but including the sliver of block A too). They moved to where the atmosphere already was.
But the atmosphere had suffered a lot due to the council getting strict on standing and the club bending to it. HF massively turned things around.

Werner Herzog
Old 27-07-2018, 04:51 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
A big shame. This could have been handled so much better by the club. Why wasn't there consultation about the proposed move in the first place with the time frame linked to the new stand. All really avoidable and pretty crap just before the season starts. I suppose we always have to have some pre-season drama and it was unlikely to be the Manager this season.

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority
Old 27-07-2018, 04:51 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here

Apparently not!
Old 27-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Had my seat 23 years. You want me to move? And now your calling a fellow Palace fan a dickhead and blaming me/us....? They are stopping over politics. Nothing more. That is pathetic.
Dickhead was harsh.

But, the front 10-15 rows.

90% of those seats were on general sale when we were in the Championship.

People would’ve moved out of their seats in D and F to join them.

It was a matter of the size of their group expanding.

I’ve also been told that the original idea wasn’t even suggested by the HF but indeed to create a singing section a la Wembley that the CLUB wanted.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:53 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Sole View Post
We are seriously not encouraging another ******* drum?

Otherwise great news. An end to those funeral dirges every game.
Oh do piss off R Sole .

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
A big shame. This could have been handled so much better by the club. Why wasn't there consultation about the proposed move in the first place with the time frame linked to the new stand. All really avoidable and pretty crap just before the season starts. I suppose we always have to have some pre-season drama and it was unlikely to be the Manager this season.
Agreed, the whole episode seems a total mess.

I feel there's certainly more to this than meets the eye because this post comes across as an off the cuff panicked response rather than a thought out plan.

Either way, hope everything can be sorted out

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Dickhead was harsh.

But, the front 10-15 rows.

90% of those seats were on general sale when we were in the Championship.

People would’ve moved out of their seats in D and F to join them.

It was a matter of the size of their group expanding.

I’ve also been told that the original idea wasn’t even suggested by the HF but indeed to create a singing section a la Wembley that the CLUB wanted.
So if it wasn't their idea in the first place why have they decided to disband over the issue?
Old 27-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
No flutes.
Consider this my resignation

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
can we move the away fans back now please?
This 100%.

Clinton Morrison
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Oh no what a shame!
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Makes a change to arguing about transfers (or lack of) I s'pose.
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
So if it wasn't their idea in the first place why have they decided to disband over the issue?
Toys pram.......?
Old 27-07-2018, 04:55 PM

lyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidlyons550 is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she said
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Team PR has arrived.

Don’t make promises to fan groups that won’t be kept would be my recommendation.

HF make and attempt to expand the atmosphere to include more people (like at Wembley) and dickheads who have had their seats for a few years cry about it and a promise is then receded. When we eventually get relegated and half of Block E disappears like it did before the PL years, I’m sure it’ll all be worth it to keep a few people in their seats.

Poor form.
Ridiculous comment...if people want to keep their seat then let them...but allow the HF to move into those that dont so that after a season those that stayed and now want to move do so...simples...but too obvious for teh numpties who wear black and demand to be pandered upon like children!
Old 27-07-2018, 04:55 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
There’ll be no difference between us and every other premier
League club now
We’ll still be better than the top 6, and maybe a few other particularly dead grounds like Vicarage Road.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Oh do piss off R Sole .
Old 27-07-2018, 04:57 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Yep you can't just move people out of their ST seats because you want them.
With all due respect, its in the terms and conditions that fans sign up to every season. You do not have the guarantee that you will be able to sit in that seat the following year. The club might give you the opportunity to, but they don't have to.
Maybe they are stealthily moving there instead. Good luck to them.

With ground capacity increasing, there will be a huge re-configuration. And it's just delaying the inevitable. I expect that the whole Holmesdale or at least the middle blocks will have to reapply in a ballot for seats, or something of that nature, when it happens.

And that last paragraph, the HF drummer, was a proper drummer. Cue some 15 year old banging something randomly in two weeks time.