Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Atmosphere in the ground v Liverpool compared to normal
I sit in the Holmesdale- no difference 79 14.93%
I sit in the Holmesdale- worse 220 41.59%
I sit in the Holmesdale- better 8 1.51%
I sit in the Arthur- no difference 25 4.73%
I sit in the Arthur- worse 82 15.50%
I sit in the Arthur- better 3 0.57%
I sit in the Whitehorse- no difference 10 1.89%
I sit in the Whitehorse- Worse 27 5.10%
I sit in the Whitehorse- better 1 0.19%
I sit in the Main Stand- no difference 23 4.35%
I sit in the Main Stand- worse 47 8.88%
I sit in the Main Stand- better 4 0.76%
Voters: 529. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
True supporters don't abandon their club. Think of that when you are sat at a game cheering the boys on, and this lot are sat in a pub somewhere drinking snakebite and watching Soccer Saturday.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
So if it wasn't their idea in the first place why have they decided to disband over the issue?
They haven’t disbanded.

They have moved amongst the normals in the Upper and Lower.
Old 27-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
That last paragraph
Arsenal esque. 😂
Old 27-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Unless I'm reading this wrong - this section:

Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials.

is nothing to do with the club manufacturing an atmosphere, having clackers etc, simply saying that there is a process to get permission for flags/drums etc and Sharon will help get it granted. I presume the HF had to go through this, so now if new people move in and want to do the same - so will they. Nothing in that says the club is going to suddenly start managing what people do etc etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 27-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Mattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMattcatford : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You cant be telling people to effectively get out of their seat. HF are not bigger than the club. I guess I'm in the minority but I don't actually think a monotonous drone makes for a good atmosphere tbh
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
can we bring the "back row boys" back now?
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 27-07-2018, 05:01 PM

les aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietles aigles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What on earth is going on here? surely a wind up?

That first post is something Charlton would even cringe about putting up!
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by libran View Post
Agreed, the whole episode seems a total mess.

I feel there's certainly more to this than meets the eye because this post comes across as an off the cuff panicked response rather than a thought out plan.

Either way, hope everything can be sorted out
Parish not having a plan? How very dare you

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season are now on sale.

However, we are currently reviewing the configuration in the Lower Holmesdale, with a view to enhancing both the atmosphere in the stadium and safety and security which means Season Tickets in this stand are currently not available to renew.

For any enquiries, please contact boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk or 08712 00 00 71 (Calls to this number are charged at 10p per minute from a BT landline, and will cost more from mobiles)

Kind regards
The Box Office
So CPFC2010, are you really trying to tell us that you in no way encouraged the HF to believe that there was potential for a move?

Also i assume the club will stop using the HF for marketing reasons?
Old 27-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattcatford View Post
You cant be telling people to effectively get out of their seat. HF are not bigger than the club. I guess I'm in the minority but I don't actually think a monotonous drone makes for a good atmosphere tbh
Totally agree. The HF have been too big for their boots for years.
Old 27-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Yep you can't just move people out of their ST seats because you want them.

That's straight out of the I'm a better fan than you playbook.

Then throwing the toys out of the pram to make a statement oh dear......It's not like where they were sat was poor was it.
It's funny because 2 meetings with Parish and he was extremely happy to do just that until the head of ticketing got into his ear and said it's a bad idea aka too much work.

Sure CPFC2010 will be happy to confirm since they're being so open and honest...
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

Apparently not!
Quite

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
I'm gonna buy myself a "who r ya" t shirt and head down the front. We are the Palace boys!
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Unless I'm reading this wrong - this section:

Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials.

is nothing to do with the club manufacturing an atmosphere, having clackers etc, simply saying that there is a process to get permission for flags/drums etc and Sharon will help get it granted. I presume the HF had to go through this so now if new people move in and want to do the same - so will they. Nothing in that says the club is going to suddenly start managing what people do etc etc
Exactly.

All flags and other stuff brought into the stadium has to be approved by the safety people. The club is offering to help fans with this just like it did for the HF. The club is not trying to have a managed atmosphere.
Old 27-07-2018, 05:04 PM
The Stockton SLAP

STOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Totally agree. The HF have been too big for their boots for years.
They weren't telling people to do that from my understanding, I know a few! It was never a case of 'kicking people out' like has been suggested on here..far from it.

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons550 View Post
Ridiculous comment...if people want to keep their seat then let them...but allow the HF to move into those that dont so that after a season those that stayed and now want to move do so...simples...but too obvious for teh numpties who wear black and demand to be pandered upon like children!
To be fair, he is definitely part of team PR

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
They haven’t disbanded.

They have moved amongst the normals in the Upper and Lower.
Good, that should mean the atmosphere will be more spread out.

Plus more spontaneous chants rather than the same song sheet which is what it seemed to become after a while.

On the downside they were the one part of the ground that would keep going even if we were getting stuffed 3-0
Old 27-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
But I thought the HF were ‘Palace till I die’?

When actually it was ‘Palace until I don’t get my own way, immediately and to my timescale’.

Anyway, thanx HF for the mostly great stuff that you did, and no thanx for the minority of stupid stuff.

These groups do tend to spring up and then disperse in cycles, so I hope there’s a phoenix group soon. I’d have thought others will step forward, (maybe even some members of HF will continue) and why not be optimistic and hope ‘HF2’ can be even better?

There are some real doom merchants on the BBS aren’t there!
Old 27-07-2018, 05:06 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't even countenance the thought of not going to the football, so presumably all this lot will be sitting elsewhere in the ground.

Or are they saying "we're not coming to Palace"?
Closed Thread