Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Are you happy with transfer business ( Just for James)
Yes 435 82.08%
Not Sure 45 8.49%
No 50 9.43%
Voters: 530. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2018, 08:01 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
without Zaha we are a borderline relegation team.
It looks that way, but I don't think it was quite as straight forward as that. We really only had Wilf, RLC, Townsend, and at a push, Sako as genuine creators last season. Three of those missed large parts of the season or were coming back to fitness.

This time we'll have Wilf, Townsend, Meyer and Ayew with hopefully a fully fit Wickham and an in form Benteke. When those players were out, Townsend was stifled by the opposition. Also, I think even Schlupp has looked pretty creative at times.

If the inj**y gods are with us, we will create more chances and have somebody to take them.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:01 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
I think foolham and everton are going to take time to integrate that many players into their sides. Remember when we used the scatter gun approach. It destabilised the players as they all thought they were going to lose their places.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can't agree with that Stinger - without Zaha we are a borderline relegation team. The evidence proves that. We don't have anyone that comes close to being as effective as he is. Unless Benteke can undergo a major turn around in form then we'll be relying heavily on Wilf again.

But I think we will have a good season. Anything from 10th to 16th would be ok imo.
Benteke had a bad season last year, it was the exception not the norm. Yes we'll struggle without Wilf but we have a great manager and a well drilled team that should be able to grind out results. So lets say we didn't have Wilf, which teams do you think are better than us? There aren't many bottom half teams better than:

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Townsend Luka Kouyate McArthur
Benteke Meyer

or

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Luka Kouyate Meyer
Townsend Benteke Ayew

It remains to be seen which lineup would be the best without Wilf. Apart from the top 6, Everton, Leicester and maybe West Ham and Southampton, I can't think of any other team that would finish above that team.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Time will tell but on paper it has been a good window. Good signings (on paper) and no last minute panic buys. Will be very interesting to see how Meyer turns out and when he gets into the first team.

Roy has a good squad to work with. Lets hope he can make them gel.

Bit worried that Zaha now wants away which could be a distraction.

Haven't yet seen if Ayew is confirmed?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
It looks that way, but I don't think it was quite as straight forward as that. We really only had Wilf, RLC, Townsend, and at a push, Sako as genuine creators last season. Three of those missed large parts of the season or were coming back to fitness.

This time we'll have Wilf, Townsend, Meyer and Ayew with hopefully a fully fit Wickham and an in form Benteke. When those players were out, Townsend was stifled by the opposition. Also, I think even Schlupp has looked pretty creative at times.

If the inj**y gods are with us, we will create more chances and have somebody to take them.
I hope so
Old 09-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did we get Ayew, I've seen the picture but its not on the Premier league list. Excellent if we did.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think this is probably the best squad we have ever had.

On Paper.

Last edited by Bungalow; 09-08-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: duplication
Old 09-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Banned by Moderators

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
This is such a naive post
This is one area where I always hope that I am wrong.
So far, Parish has managed to keep Palace up with more luck than judgment. Let's hope that continues.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalow View Post
I think this is probably the best squad we have ever had.

On Paper.
It definitely is. You could argue there have been better first 11's but the squad is definitely the best we've ever had.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:19 PM

jmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is herejmemour Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
So far, Parish has managed to keep Palace up with more luck than judgment. Let's hope that continues.
You don't get lucky 5 seasons in a row. He hasn't got everything right but nobody does, some of our fans refuse to give credit where it's due.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Yup - 5 seasons of luck, must have one of those bracelet things like James Nesbitt in the tedious Sky adverts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 09-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Happy with the upgrade on goal keeper but feel once again we are clueless in the transfer window. Meyer has potential but is a massive gamble and may not adapt to the premiership. Its going to be tough this year.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:22 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think it's been ok - some good signings to replace the key players we've lost. We probably haven't improved much apart from in the keeper department. I like the look of all the players we've signed. Considering we had a small budget it's ok. I am shocked at the quality of signings the likes of Fulham, Wolves and West Ham have made though. As ever, it's going to be a very tough league and I can only see Cardiff having no hope.

My main worry is any injury to Zaha or Sakho though - I still think we haven't got good alternatives. Ideally, in the next window we would sell one of the No 9s and bring in a different type of striker - ie more mobile.

I'd say it's a decent 7 out of 10 window so I'm looking forward to the season now.
Yeah, all this. Feels like an opportunity missed to really kick on, but equally we won't go down, despite others strengthening significantly. Need to have good luck with injuries and max to hit the ground running. Parishes 1991 Noades moment.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Happy with the upgrade on goal keeper but feel once again we are clueless in the transfer window. Meyer has potential but is a massive gamble and may not adapt to the premiership. Its going to be tough this year.
How would you have spent the £10/£13m available then?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:25 PM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
Happy. Not ecstatic but happy.

I was hoping for someone to cover centre back, although a lot of people seemed impressed with one of the youth players who played in the pre season friendlies, so if he could do a job in an emergency then I've no complaints
Think you will find Kouyate can play CB
Old 09-08-2018, 08:26 PM

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best squad we’ve had in the premier league. Genuinely think the second 11 would have a shot at staying up.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I completely agree with stinger and “the evidence” doesn’t prove it, not if you look at the detail in a slightly more intelligent way than a simple Zaha no Zaha judgment, you would see that. This is a strong team and squad, with a class manager. We will be top 10, possibly top 8.

tsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettsunamiman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best squad we’ve had in the premier league. Genuinely think the second 11 would have a shot at staying up.
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Now got to sweat on foreign clubs coming in for Wilf. Doubt we will be in for Yaya Toure

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
What is going on with this website and the double posts?