Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Back of the Nest (formerly Holmesdale Radio) Season 18/19

Hi all,

The team are back with two new podcasts after an experimental pre-season! This is the first phase of our new roll-out in our new identity. To follow later this month will be a brand new website for which we have assembled a small army of writers and video producers to provide fan content.

We’ll announce a lot more as it progresses but let’s get straight to the point:

The Preview Show.

Terence (of Rednbluearmy.co.uk fame) returns with the formidable team of Sam Hesketh and Albert Kerly to preview each game. There’ll be a guest for each show to provide further insight as well as the usual analysis from the guys.

Here’s this week’s show: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Lovesport:

Every Thursday our live output goes out on London digital radio station Lovesport at 7-9pm. Lovesport host Aaron Paul is joined by a varied selection of team members to talk about Palace, General football and anything else that springs to mind. There will be regular features, guests and you can call into the show any time you like to air your views. Lovesport is on DAB, 558AM and available online worldwide. We get nothing for this other than the enjoyment of going to a real studio and engaging with a live audience and it would be great to get you all involved if you so wish.

The show gets turned into a podcast each week and this week’s can be found right here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

It’s myself and Diyar with Aaron this week - and it was immensely enjoyable too!

The Review Show:

Recorded on a Sunday but no longer live, you’ll hear the difference in audio quality. This is our staple show - I host an ever changing panel of contributors from a vast pool of willing volunteers and we review the latest match performances and talk about all the key weekly topics.the podcast will be available on Sunday nights ready for the Monday commute. Our social media accounts and groups are your way in to shaping the show, keep your eyes peeled to get involved.

There’s a lot more to come, but that’ll do for now. Do subscribe on your chosen podcast app - iTunes, podbean, podkicker etc - and you won’t miss a thing. Our feed may still say “Holmesdale radio” because we don’t want to change it, but you'll find us by searching “back of the nest” on any podcast app.

Hope you enjoy our efforts this season, which I am convinced is going to be a great one for Palace.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX gamertag : HAMBO x1980x

Last edited by Hambo; 10-08-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Good to have this back and best of luck.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:23 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
In order...

Great show - Shockingly shit embarrassment - Great to have it back.

Last edited by scro; 10-08-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really happy that I was asked back again this season, clearly my miserable nature and moaning didn't put too many people off!

I enjoyed it a lot last year, hopefully people who listen to it did too, especially as we're looking to keep the team of Terence, Albert and I together throughout.

I was even (slightly) positive at times during this first episode! We discussed the Transfer Window, the game tomorrow and dropped some predictions for the season, which we will re-visit in May next year to see how clueless we all are!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:47 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't wait. Top top stuff
Old 13-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The review show returns!

We review the game, answered listener questions, reveal which culinary question Diyar needed answering, turned a pundit into an expletive and generally eased into our return.

Hope you enjoy the improved audio quality too, we’re much happier with it.

You can get the pod here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

The MP3 link (save as to download) is here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

Last edited by Hambo; 13-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:39 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
The review show returns!

We review the game, answered listener questions, reveal which culinary question Diyar needed answering, turned a pundit into an expletive and generally eased into our return.

Hope you enjoy the improved audio quality too, we’re much happier with it.

You can get the pod here: aca.st/876821

The MP3 link (save as to download) is here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Looking forward to listening.Good luck to you all.
Old 17-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Right, despite the Liverpool game being on Monday, we're rolling with the usual timetable, so the BOTN Preview Podcast is now up and ready to be listened to.

This week, Terence, Albert and I are back and here's what to expect from the episode:
  • We discuss the win against Fulham, in particular the performances of Wayne and AWB.
  • We chat about some funny stuff we've seen on social media this week (we dig out Brighton fans, which is always a plus).
  • We speak to a Liverpool fan to get his views on their season ahead and what he expects from Monday's match.
  • We then do our own preview of the game and finish up with the usual score predictions. I fear I went a little too Hesketh this week with my prediction, but I was tired and I'm a miserable bugger so I guess we'll all just have to deal with it.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it anyway. Here's the link: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Abjekt; 17-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 17-08-2018, 05:18 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Right, despite the Liverpool game being on Monday, we're rolling with the usual timetable, so the BOTN Preview Podcast is now up and ready to be listened to.

This week, Terence, Albert and I are back and here's what to expect from the episode:
  • We discuss the win against Fulham, in particular the performances of Wayne and AWB.
  • We chat about some funny stuff we've seen on social media this week (we dig out Brighton fans, which is always a plus).
  • We speak to a Liverpool fan to get his views on their season ahead and what he expects from Monday's match.
  • We then do our own preview of the game and finish up with the usual score predictions. I fear I went a little too Hesketh this week with my prediction, but I was tired and I'm a miserable bugger so I guess we'll all just have to deal with it.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it anyway. Here's the link: To view the link you have to Register or Login
I like a bit of grounding pessimism in with all the rightly ecstatic palace discussion about at the moment. The preview show is a very decent pod.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Slip it!

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Anyone with a Blur avatar is all good with me

Glad you like the show and here's hoping I'm very wrong about tomorrow night's match.
Old 24-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Liverpool review pod here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

If you have any audio issues, try deleting and re-downloading in your chosen pod app.

Preview show has also dropped here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

You can find these on your chosen podcast platform just be searching “Back of the nest” if you don’t want to listen via acast.

Old 24-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Slip it!

Yes, as Hambo has said, the new Preview Pod is out ahead of the Watford match on Sunday.

Here are some bullet points, in case you were on the fence about listening (surely everyone is delighted and eager to listen though, right?).
  • We discuss the great work FYP have done with regards to chasing up the Sussex Police over their comments during the league game at the AMEX.
  • We briefly touch on the HF/Atmosphere debate, Wilf only just receiving his Play Off Final Man of the Match award as well as our favourite bits of Social Media from the past week.
  • We preview Sunday's match, talking about Benteke's role in the team, the possibility of Kouyate starting and how Wardy will cope.
  • There are the views of a Watford fan and we also give our predictions for the result as per usual.
Hope you enjoy it, if you do give a listen!
Old 24-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Interloper

Moose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck with the new venture Chris although a tad disappointed by the name change.

Would be happy to join you for a chin wag one of these weeks!
Old 24-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Terence and Albert always have great banter on the preview shows
Old 24-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few of us from the show are doing the Marathon March for the Palace for Life Foundation.
You can donate here, or why not sign up yourself and join us.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 24-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Is there any news on when your website will be going live?
Hopefully late September, want it to be bug free and a good user experience from the off.

It'll be worth the wait.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 24-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
I couldn't work out how to download the podcast. Any tips?
Old 27-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Review show is here to stream: To view the link you have to Register or Login

The mp3 download link: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I was joined by Albert, Diyar and newbie Darcy to look back at a defeat that annoyed the bejesus out of me. Enjoy!

Old 27-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Arthur View Post
I couldn't work out how to download the podcast. Any tips?
Are you using a podcast app at all or are you looking to just download the file to your computer to play through a media player?

If the latter, we’ll usually post an mp3 link which you can just right-click and “save as”

Hope that helps.

Old 31-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Slip it!

The Southampton Preview Pod is up and ready to be listened to ahead of tomorrow's match.

On this episode you will have:
  • A short chat about AWB, our new loan initiative and whether Souness has finally started talking sense.
  • A short review of the Swansea game, including discussing Sorloth's performance and goal.
  • A conversation with Saints fan Steve Grant, who isn't overly enamoured with Mark Hughes.
  • Our preview of the Southampton match including whether we should switch up the formation to get the best out of the players.
  • Albert discussing Nando's (the highlight of the show obviously).

You can of course subscribe to Back of the Nest on your podcasting app but if you want the direct link, you can find it right here: To view the link you have to Register or Login