Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2018, 07:55 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Liverpool at home

I know we are at home but I think we need to sit in and keep our shape. Kouyate starts for me in a narrow 4-3-2-1:

Hennesey
AWB. Tomkins. Sakho. PVA
Luka. Kouyaté. McArthur
Zaha. Townsend
Benteke

Breaking with the full backs at pace. Make Liverpool break us down.
Old 13-08-2018, 07:56 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Think it’ll be same with maybe meyer on bench
Old 13-08-2018, 07:58 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Think it’ll be same with maybe meyer on bench
It probably will be the same, I just think we could really do with beefing up the midfield for this one.
Old 13-08-2018, 08:02 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I tend to think the narrow 442 with Townsend in the four makes us harder to break down and makes clearer the difference between Townsend's role protecting the full-back and Wilf's in staying forward as an outlet.

Kouyate might come in either for McArthur or Schlupp, but I tend to think we'll go with the same team injuries permitting and bring on Kouyate again in the second half.

Werner Herzog
Old 13-08-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I tend to think the narrow 442 with Townsend in the four makes us harder to break down and makes clearer the difference between Townsend's role protecting the full-back and Wilf's in staying forward as an outlet.

Kouyate might come in either for McArthur or Schlupp, but I tend to think we'll go with the same team injuries permitting and bring on Kouyate again in the second half.
You could be right. I’d def start Kouyaté mind, but for schlupp not jimmy.

Although I do think as the season progresses, and with the quality available in central areas, that we will see some different formations to roy’s faithful 442.
Old 13-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
Harsh to drop Schlupp.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 13-08-2018, 08:18 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
I know we are at home but I think we need to sit in and keep our shape. Kouyate starts for me in a narrow 4-3-2-1:

Hennesey

AWB. Tomkins. Sakho. PVA

Luka. Kouyaté. McArthur

Zaha. Townsend

Benteke

Breaking with the full backs at pace. Make Liverpool break us down.

I doubt very much Roy will change the team. However I do think we will have to sit deep and hit the scousers on the counter. We won’t get much time on the ball either as their forward 3 work very hard and close down. So we have to use the ball efficiently.

The Spammers lost the game in their non existent midfield and they clearly missed Kouyate so I do think he will have a role to play. A tough game but a true test for us. I do think we will give them a game though.

Selhust under the lights.

COYP
Old 13-08-2018, 08:20 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Bet Roy starts the winning team from Saturday.
Old 13-08-2018, 08:24 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Same team. Only change might be switching to 4-4-2 for this one.
Meyer won’t be ready yet so only change on in the bench might be the introduction of Ayew.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:44 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thoughts on replacing Benteke with Ayew?

Obviously no target man to play long to, but when i've seen Ayew play he always seems industrious and hardworking, might also give us a little bit more pace on the counter also.

Hennesey
AWB. Tomkins. Sakho. PVA
Townsend Luka McArthur Schlupp
Ayew
Zaha.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:55 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprkorngod View Post
Thoughts on replacing Benteke with Ayew?

Obviously no target man to play long to, but when i've seen Ayew play he always seems industrious and hardworking, might also give us a little bit more pace on the counter also.
When you're defending for most of the game it's handy to have a big man to lump it towards to relieve a bit of pressure. Also useful defending corners, which we're likely to be doing a lot of.

Werner Herzog
Old 13-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy will start the same team but kouyate might get on earlier
Old 13-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This match is going to get so much hype in the next week blah blah blah klopp blah blah blah test for Liverpool as title contenders blah blah blah difficult place to go to blah blah blah shows if they have got what it takes blah blah blah playing the lesser teams

Which team will they be playing ? You won't easily know from the coverage
Old 13-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Roy will start the same team but kouyate might get on earlier
Yes I think he will too. He doesn't like to mix up winning formulae much and certainly doesn't countenance the rotation idea. The only debate I think would be between Jimmy and Kouyate in the middle. Schlupp is playing well and also has some speed to help counter their quick breaking style. I thought Meyer might get some game time with the U23's for fitness purposes but not as yet it seems. He might be on the bench but I suspect it will be Sorloth, Guaita, Kelly, Ayew, Jairo, Souare and Kouyate.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:33 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Bit more bite in midfield

--------------------------wayne-------------------------
Awb---------sakho--------tomkins--------pva
Townsend----luka-----kouyate--------jimmy
----------------benteke-----zaha--------------------

Unless Roy is sure schlupp will do it for 90mins because he does go missing in midfield and we'll get slaughtered for that against Liverpool
Old 13-08-2018, 10:34 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Awb will keep the whole Liverpool team quiet

Relax.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:48 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Only 3 changes possible.

1. Benteke out - Kouyate in - 5 in midfield but doesnt send a good sign to Benteke and also limits our outball

2. Mcarthur out - Kouyaye in - same formation but may want Kouyate who naturally can sit deeper than Jimmy. Schlupp is a Roy favourite.

3. 4 - 5 - 1 - Schlupp comes more central with Wilf moving to a more fixed left sided role.

It appears that to get anything against Liverpool you will need to score as they have too much fire power for almost anyone.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think he’ll play the same team. We’re probably going to need to score 2 to get anything out of the game. Think we will as well.

Don’t know what’s got into me
Old 13-08-2018, 10:59 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They won't be expecting max Meyer- who knows eh
Old 13-08-2018, 10:59 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Only 3 changes possible.

1. Benteke out - Kouyate in - 5 in midfield but doesnt send a good sign to Benteke and also limits our outball

2. Mcarthur out - Kouyaye in - same formation but may want Kouyate who naturally can sit deeper than Jimmy. Schlupp is a Roy favourite.

3. 4 - 5 - 1 - Schlupp comes more central with Wilf moving to a more fixed left sided role.

It appears that to get anything against Liverpool you will need to score as they have too much fire power for almost anyone.
I get what you are saying but one of our strongest defence option is benteke and zaha upfront. Under the cosh we can go long and benteke can beat anyone and is probably one of very few who can beat van dyke in the air... with wilf looking for the second ball. With those two staying upfront I think Liverpool will keep the back 4, or 3 of them and at least one dm deeper to cover. They won’t want wilf gettting the ball against any single defender and they won’t want him getting an unchecked run onto probably quite a lot of benteke flickons.

Add the pace of Pva and Townsend. Schlupp too but he CANNOT switch off for a while in this game. Our threat on the break is our best defence. Leave an isolated zaha upfront will nullify that. Same goes for benteke alone and wilf back in the midfield