Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-08-2018, 09:15 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Fifty Years Supporting Palace.

Just realised that yesterday marked the fiftieth year since I first walked down onto the Holmesdale and stood to watch Palace play for the first time ever.

We beat Huddersfield 2-1 IIRC.

Other than 1989, I can’t remember being so excited for a coming season.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
49 for me.
You get less for murder.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

Nix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
49 for me.
You get less for murder.
Me too. My '69 promotion pennant is hanging in the gym. It always bugged me that the lettering was cut off by the stitching.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
49yrs us v norwich reserves friends dad was combination league line-oh. Met Bert Head
Old 15-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Odd coincidence our best seasons was when I was 27/28. 27/28 yrz later are we about to eclipse those heddy days of 90/91?
Old 15-08-2018, 09:34 PM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
49 for me to. We're all glory hunters. Shame it didn't last.

Old 15-08-2018, 09:35 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Just realised that yesterday marked the fiftieth year since I first walked down onto the Holmesdale and stood to watch Palace play for the first time ever.

We beat Huddersfield 2-1 IIRC.

Other than 1989, I can’t remember being so excited for a coming season.
Me as well. 1968. We've had a few experiences
Old 15-08-2018, 09:36 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Congratulations Blind. This years season ticket will take me to my fortieth anniversary (a draw with Cambridge, 10 Apr 1979).
Old 15-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Putting on an iron shirt

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
You get less for murder.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
It was 50 for me last Boxing Day.

First game was Palace v Portsmouth December 26th 1967. Ended 2-2 Att: 23,122.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:40 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My first match was against Huddersfield too but a couple of seasons later. Remember it being so foggy that I couldn't see the Holmesdale goal from The Whitehorse whilst perched on my dad's shoulders.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Into my 52nd year.
First game was Bolton at home in Sept 1966. Won 3-2.
Thinking this is the best team/squad we've ever had.
Thanks Dad !

Last edited by Gollum; 15-08-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:44 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
45 for me this year - a real young whippersnapper! Also, hoping we are entering a new golden age.

Proud to be part of the anti-racist, woke majority
Old 15-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Only 47 for me. 2-0 v Everton May 1971 was my first proper game, I think. I'd been following events for at least a couple of years before that but it wasn't easy to get a decent stream in those days.
Old 15-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
42 for me,first game for me a 1-0 against Bristol Rovers in 1978.Used to get excited when we got shown on The Big Match,how times change.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:00 PM

isindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineisindypub : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First game I know I was at was 65 when we lost to Leeds in the cup... know i went before but that was the first game I remember.... 53 years of hope, frustration and despair. Still it could have been worse my uncle was a Millwall fan so went there quite a bit at the same time. Lucky escape!!!!
Old 15-08-2018, 10:04 PM

headliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineheadliner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
58 years for me - beat accrington Stanley 9-2 first game - 4th division - Johnny Byrne scored 4, Alan woan 3 and Ron heckman 2 ........ and promotion at the end of the season - Good way to start!!
Old 15-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
41 since i saw my first game. 0-0 versus Walsall.

Brainwashed and conditioned to it. As i say to people “ Do you think i`d choose to watch this shit?”
Old 15-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForever Stripes came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
49 for me. Quite a few glory hunters its seems. Palace v Man. Utd, first ever game in the top league.

Proves we shouldn't knock the JCL that have only started "because we are in the top flight". Many of us have hardly missed a home match since!
Old 15-08-2018, 10:12 PM

Lazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLazarus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It'll be 50 for me on November 23rd - away to Millwall.