Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2018, 02:55 AM

PERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePERTH EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
50 years for me also. Can’t for the life of me remember who we played. Would still have the programme though so must look it up.
Old 16-08-2018, 02:56 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
58 years for me - beat accrington Stanley 9-2 first game - 4th division - Johnny Byrne scored 4, Alan woan 3 and Ron heckman 2 ........ and promotion at the end of the season - Good way to start!!
The year the POSH joined the football league and came 1ST,we were runners up and Peterborough beat us home and away.
Fantastic memories with 2 matches at Selhurst during the season with an attendance of nearly 40,000 re Peterborough & Millwall.

My 1ST match Div 3 South 28th April 1956 v Newport County won 1-0 scored by Jimmy Belcher,Palace came 23RD that year 2ND bottom,the bottom club had to apply for re election to the football league.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED

COYP
Old 16-08-2018, 02:59 AM

01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine01CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Only 47 for me. 2-0 v Everton May 1971 was my first proper game, I think. I'd been following events for at least a couple of years before that but it wasn't easy to get a decent stream in those days.
As you get older your "STREAM" is only going to get worse,time to see your Doctor

LOL
Old 16-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
50 next year, Derby Co v Palace 1969 was my first game.
Old 16-08-2018, 05:46 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
50 years next year for me as well. First game Palace vs Boro in the run in to promotion. Lulled in to a false sense of optimism!
Old 16-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Bobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Dandruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It was 50 for me last year, March 1967 at home to Millwall we lost 2-1 but saw my hero Johnny Byrne score our goal in front of a good crowd of 32k
Old 16-08-2018, 07:13 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
This coming May it will be 40 years since I first walked into Selhurst. Saw us crush Blackburn 5-0 last game of the season. The following season we won the league and were promoted to the top flight. By September we were top of Division 1. I was supporting the best team in the land...and it’s been glory upon glory ever since.
Old 16-08-2018, 07:19 AM

colin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin61 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
49 for me to 1st game Boro at home 0-0 draw Easter 1969
Old 16-08-2018, 07:26 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
49 so far, here's hoping for another 49 to come!
Old 16-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
I'm just a rather pathetic (compared to you lot) 38 years since I went to my first game: August 1980, Palace 5 Middlesborough 2, Clive Allen hat-trick, in what turned out to be an absolute shithouse season. It actually took me 6 years between declaring myself a Palace fan in 1974 aged 7, to getting to a game.

Last edited by JJ; 16-08-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 16-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I'm just a rather pathetic (combined to you lot) 38 years since I went to my first game: August 1980, Palace 5 Middlesborough 2, Clive Allen hat-trick, in what turned out to be an absolute shithouse season. It actually took me 6 years between declaring myself a Palace fan in 1974 aged 7, to getting to a game.
Nowt pathetic about being Palace no matter how long youve been a supporter.
We're a special breed.
Old 16-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Panther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is herePanther Sam the man is here
12 September 1959, 5-2 v Hartlepools. If only I’d known what I was getting myself into......
Old 16-08-2018, 08:17 AM

palaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
57 for me , its a long time waiting for a trophy or Europe
Old 16-08-2018, 08:26 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
March 1964. We beat Bournemouth 2 - 1. I was a lot of the other games that were first games for many on here and have very clear recollections of them, considering I don't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
Old 16-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palaceboy1 View Post
57 for me , its a long time waiting for a trophy or Europe
Never forget when Geoff went up to get the ZDS Cup
Old 16-08-2018, 09:05 AM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
How many of us have taken our children to games who are now die hard Palace? got to look after the families thats what keeps you going in the tough times we have had enough of those. I cant remember my first game but have been going for most of my life, this is up there with the best football we have played.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:14 AM

keithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
57 years. Alas I can’t remember my first game.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:21 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Charlton at home for me when I first made my 'debut' to Selhurst. I stood on the Holmesdale and could see Jack shit.

Palace 2-0 Charlton - att 15'276. Mark Bright and Garry Thompson.

28 years, 3 months, 26 days or 10344 days.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Dunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not until December 2021. I was dragged from NW Kent for my birthday treat of watching a Division 1 game by my father. I am afraid to admit that I had no historic or schoolmate connection to Selhurst and it wouldn't have been my first choice, but that choice was banned as impossible by my father (a Tottenham supporting Islington boy; my choice being Arsenal). We won 5-1, went on to have a relegation near miss and then went down the season after. I never looked back. Thanks dad!
Old 16-08-2018, 09:28 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
WOW, where have the years gone? 2019 will be my 50th year.