Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2018, 09:28 AM

palace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace64 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
clues are sept 1964 54 years for me Plymouth 0 0
Old 16-08-2018, 09:31 AM

transformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettransformerman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
47 for me . New to the area went with new mates from John Ruskin Grammar
to Anglo Italian game v Cagliari 26-05-71 . Won 1-0 Bobby Tambling . Remember
Luigi Riva playing for them . Been a regular ever since . First season ticket after
return from Manchester Uni 1978-79. Uni years 74-77 saw most Palace aways as a lot were N or NW fixtures Bury , Preston , Sheff Wed and the likes .
Still do pretty much all away games - as an away season ticket holder- in fact enjoy the aways as much as the homes . And certainly a few of the performances under Roy
have been as good as I've seen over the years... so high hopes if not expectations for this season .
Old 16-08-2018, 09:31 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went with my uncle Jan 1964 beat Brentford 1-0
Old 16-08-2018, 09:43 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Coming up to 48 years since my first Palace match, October 1970, 1-1 draw with West Ham:

I have to admit, I was taken along there by my West Ham supporting uncle, who is long gone now, he was already 66 and had followed West Ham before they had joined the Football League (i.e. before 1919 and I think he watched Palace play West Ham at Herne Hill, over 100 years ago by now!) - but he never told me to follow his team - so I didn't, long story short, after several visits to Selhurst Park over the next four years, I gradually fell in love with Palace, just in time to see us relegated to Divsion Three in 1974!

What a great journey this has been and know it's far from being even half way through. Unlike my dear Uncle Ted, I have fully indoctrinated my three kids to follow Palace and now there are two fully kitted up grandsons, with two more on the way, already to follow the Palace for generations to come.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:26 AM
SwimBikeRun!

Jacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJacko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
42 years since my first Palace match.
44 years a "fan" if you count the two years that my mum said I was too young and couldn't go to football!

"They couldn't, could they? Benteke in the middle... BENTEKE!!!!!"
Old 16-08-2018, 10:40 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
16 Jan 1971 1 nil victory over Liverpool - Gerry queen header at the Holmesdale end
Old 16-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Blackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlackson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
native German - coming over since then:
1975 - March 15
Crystal Palace 1, Huddersfield Town 1
(Peter Taylor)
Old 16-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Supporting CPFC 2010

Big-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Im a newbie only 45 years this very day
Old 16-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coming up to 34 years. My first game was Wimbledon away on the 4th November 1984. We lost 3-2. My first home game was Brighton on the 2nd April 1985. We drew 1 all.
Old 16-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Saga should be sponsoring this thread !
Old 16-08-2018, 11:40 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Saga should be sponsoring this thread !
90 is the new 80.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Simonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSimonro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My Dad first took me when I was five, I believe Palace were then in the 3rd Division (South). Been supporting them ever since so that makes 58 years.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:02 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
52 years for me. Bumped into the rev nigel sands years ago and told him I remembered bits about my first game. Testimonial the score was 5-7 Jackson in goal.

He looked puzzled but then logged onto his server remotely and looked it up. Terry longs testimonial Oct 66. I was made up. Still have the scribbled note on half an envelope he gave me.

Spuds away will be my 120th first class ground following Palace if I can get a ticket and its finished in time!
Old 16-08-2018, 12:04 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackson View Post
native German - coming over since then:
1975 - March 15
Crystal Palace 1, Huddersfield Town 1
(Peter Taylor)
Well played my friend. The Palace family has no boundaries.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:10 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I think I am about 2-3 years off 50. My first game being Wolves in the old First Division in 71 or 72, although I don't count that as my first as my Uncle took me at half time as you could get in free back then. My real first was Chelsea at home in 72, which was also Jim Cannons first game and I sat on the wall in the Whitehorse End among the away supporters with no trouble at all. We won 2-1.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:15 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
47 years here.

16th Jan 1971

Crystal Palace 1 Liverpool 0. Gerry Queen.

Get in!
Old 16-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Seen it all before

aquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquilla : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
48TH Year Home to Chelsea
I know we got hammered 5-1. Funnily it didn't put me off!
Old 16-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Smithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldSmithie was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Just realised that yesterday marked the fiftieth year since I first walked down onto the Holmesdale and stood to watch Palace play for the first time ever.

We beat Huddersfield 2-1 IIRC.

Other than 1989, I can’t remember being so excited for a coming season.
That was my very first match as well !!
Old 16-08-2018, 12:40 PM

Ardent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArdent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
60th. year went as an 11 year old in 1959, we lost 2-1 to Walsall who ran away with the 4th. division that year.
Certainly gives me a sense of perspective.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Posts from old farts who add nothing to the atmosphere.