Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
I seen a couple of reports suggesting we had a behind the scenes game this week against Arsenal. I wonder if true and I wonder who got minute if is

After Fulham Roy certainly said he wanted to arrange a game this week for the players who needed game time

No one seems to know anything about it though

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Okay I noted things down on my phone during the off cameras bit. There’s some paraphrasing, but it gets the gist of the questions and his answers. I’ll highlight the question in bold.

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
About Wilf, has added responsibility helped take his game up a level? Natural progression for him, always improving. Natural for all footballers. Important thing for us is don’t put too much pressure on him. He’s not the only player who can win us games, needs help from others. All players who capture headlines are eventually being judged too quickly and have too much pressure- bad. New contract- Can he achieve what he wants playing for palace? Hope so. Was a time where being player at club for long time was enough for people. Seems now that if you don’t win trophies your career is a waste of time, I don’t subscribe for that. How much of a long term goal is it to make the club a goal players like Wilf won’t have to leave to achieve goals? Well I just answered that, who’s setting the goals, who is it to say. What you’re suggesting is fulfilment of goals is only winning champions leagues and premiership. Good comparison is Matt Le Tissier? Yes great career, enormous respect for him. Never met anyone who’s said that Le Tiss wasn’t fantastic. AWB, two young local lads, is it important for club to have local players to engage with fans? Not all clubs, as many don’t have that. But it is nice for clubs that do have that and do fine. Owner is anxious to improve academy and bring more AWBs forward. So nice to have and not a need to have then? Yes, exactly. It’s very very hard to bring academy players to first team in this league. We certainly embrace these objectives, and the chairman is aiming to improve that. Do you get the sense that Liverpool game is one Wilf’s looking forward to, proving himself against a top team? Don’t think so. He’s proven himself already, already a household name from south Croydon to Durham. But, the better the opposition, the harder it can be, and we hope that Wilf can have a good game. How would you rate Wilf vs Liverpool front three?
Comparisons that I don’t like to do. He’s my player, if you say can he compare with Messi and Ronaldo I’ll say yes he does. People in the media can stick to making their comparisons. You sense after last season and missing World Cup Benteke wants to put in behind him? Yes no doubt, he’s very optimistic and determined. Needs to put that into performances where helping team and scoring goals. How hard was last season for him? Confidence is always low in player if they’re employed to score goals and they don’t, and everyone criticising him. Holmesdale fanatics and tickets etc, how important is the atmosphere? Very important, but I expect it no different to last year. I only heard about it today, but won’t affect me, team or atmosphere. 24,000 people making noise, not just one group. Haven’t seen Steven Reid on the bench? Decided to leave football, has personal issues to sort. We will miss him but we have to respect his wishes. Hope his issues are sorted out. You only had two players at World Cup, do you treat them more cautiously? Luka came back relatively early, game him an extra break and was careful, but if anything, question won’t be whether fatigue will kick in, but more are they able to find match fitness straight away. I don’t think it matters deep into the season though.
Old 17-08-2018, 03:34 PM

(Part two coming).
Old 17-08-2018, 03:38 PM

How do you rate Liverpool as title contenders this season? They have every chance to be champions, I don’t like to talk about other teams except in general terms though. Liverpool are getting better all the time, looking ready to kick on. Team cohesion, physical capacity etc is very good, and they have lots of pace and strength. Are you going up against best attack in league? It’s one game into the season, I won’t make comparisons with other teams, all top 6 have great teams. How will you prepare your defence? Same as I will for Man City, Spurs etc. Up against players with great technical ability and physicality, hope we we can keep them quiet for periods of the game and get enough of ball to hurt them. Thoughts on Mo Salah? It’s not easy defending against him, hard worker, moves around field knows what he’s going, great technical ability. Will be great again this season. People from club will crank up expectations for him- Not good. But will have another great season as he has great qualities. He always makes things go his way with his tenacity. When you were at Liverpool, what were expectations like? Big club, period of transition when I was there, very different Liverpool that I joined. Different Liverpool to one today which has lots of money. Pleased they’re back in good position but don’t make comparisons between then and now. Do you have a target points total set? I don’t play game on tactics boards or on paper, don’t do points targets. Wayne Hennessey was great vs Fulham, how important will he be on Monday? Of course he will be, but so will our whole team. We’ve got good players too, that’s the beauty of the premier league. Lots of limelight on big clubs but whole league getting stronger, all teams have dangerous players. Friendly behind closed doors with Arsenal? Yes. It’s better than U23s games where you don’t play Prem opponents. Had players who needed a game, got a phone call from Arsenal luckily. Hopefully something we can do regularly in season, as it’s good for both parties. New players who want to come into the team? Will see fitness levels before deciding. Meyer is doing well so far and happy in training.
Old 17-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Were cheese and pickle sandwiches also available?

What does Roy prefer in his sandwich?
Coronation chicken, obviously
Old 17-08-2018, 03:48 PM

tbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetbooker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
After Fulham Roy certainly said he wanted to arrange a game this week for the players who needed game time

No one seems to know anything about it though
Apparently we lost 4.0 have no idea who played or if even this is true.
Old 17-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Is it my imagination or are these things getting shorter and shorter. Especially this season? No big deal and I would rather Roy was with the players than chatting but the last few have been particularly short.
They do seem to be getting shorter and even more pointless. The managers aren't exactly thrilled to be there and the journalists must be very bored as well as they seem to ask very limited questions. It's all pointless content to fill a few minutes on Sky Sports News...
Old 17-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbooker View Post
Apparently we lost 4.0 have no idea who played or if even this is true.
It’s true. Roy said so in the off cameras bit. We played players ‘who needed game time.’
Old 17-08-2018, 03:54 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has Roy been recently introduced to Steve Parish's hairdresser ??
Old 17-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
It’s true. Roy said so in the off cameras bit. We played players ‘who needed game time.’
Thank you, and for the Steven Reid confirmation
Old 17-08-2018, 04:22 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Cheers for the report, RJW. Nice to get all the info in one go.

No sign of Wickham, Williams or Dann in the training vid from yesterday, so I'm guessing they're all still out of contention.

Werner Herzog
Old 17-08-2018, 04:36 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle1 View Post
Has Roy been recently introduced to Steve Parish's hairdresser ??
oh god no, havent seen but sounds a horror
Old 17-08-2018, 05:01 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Noticed Townsend was in training video but only ball work not in the practice games . Couldn't see Wickham , Williams , Dann
Old 17-08-2018, 05:02 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Just read we played Arsenal ay London Colney and lost 4-0 on Monday. Would have drpped in if I had known as came by there. Supposdy players who dr not play for both teams. Think Wayne will keep his place.
Old 17-08-2018, 05:18 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Okay I noted things down on my phone during the off cameras bit. There’s some paraphrasing, but it gets the gist of the questions and his answers. I’ll highlight the question in bold.
Top stuff bud, thank you
Old 17-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Just read we played Arsenal ay London Colney and lost 4-0 on Monday. Would have drpped in if I had known as came by there. Supposdy players who dr not play for both teams. Think Wayne will keep his place.
You're implying that Guiata (a) played and (b) if he did, that he didn't play well?
Old 17-08-2018, 05:31 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great stuff CP-RJW. Thanks!
Old 17-08-2018, 05:32 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks
Old 17-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Maidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstonecpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nice one mate