Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 70 14.43%
PVA 10 2.06%
Sakho 8 1.65%
Tomkins 53 10.93%
AWB 192 39.59%
Schlupp 6 1.24%
Jimmy Mac 78 16.08%
Luka 16 3.30%
Andros 41 8.45%
Zaha 7 1.44%
Benteke 3 0.62%
Sorloth 0 0%
Ward 0 0%
Meyer 1 0.21%
Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-08-2018, 12:01 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
We lost tonight against a team that will challenge Man City for the title and effectively lost to a pen that could have gone either way. The last goal was irrelevant. Could have easily got a draw tonight on another day. We should be proud of how how went toe to toe with them overall. They know they were in game tonight unlike how last weekend against WHU. We play like that and we’ll be fine.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:03 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
We made Liverpool earn their win. They and Man C are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league, so the fact we pushed for an equaliser when down to 10 men bodes well for the season. We will get the better of most teams we play this season.

What has happened to Hennessey? Another great performance. What a future AWB has ahead of him. He was my MoM. I thought both the penalty and the sending off were the correct decisions.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 21-08-2018, 12:04 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Liverpool (home)

I don’t want to be too harsh on Sorloth (we always say that) but I genuinely don’t see what he offers us. He just seems to stroll around without any threat. I would have preferred to keep Benteke on in all honesty.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:05 AM

KP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
We made Liverpool earn their win. They and Man C are head and shoulders above everyone else in the league, so the fact we pushed for an equaliser when down to 10 men bodes well for the season. We will get the better of most teams we play this season.

What has happened to Hennessey? Another great performance. What a future AWB has ahead of him. He was my MoM. I thought both the penalty and the sending off were the correct decisions.
Yes AWB is a star what a great talent.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:07 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From Sky...
Hate that Egyptian tiny tot. If he’d put the lob chance away, fair enough, what a talent... but v soft pen... and he had lost control of ball just before AWB caught him later.
Carragher-the-Spitter had Virgil Van D love fest after match...but didn’t want to talk about the Meyer pen claim highlighted by Roy.
Anyway, pretty much saw it otherwise as previous posters. Benteke gets zero service from wide which is ridiculous when you see him outjump Carragher’s centreback of the century from a corner...However the Benteke ‘shot’ later was shite.
Would have loved to see a different problem presented to Liverpool rather than just a straight Sorloth swap for CB... Ayew?
Anyway onwards and upwards... Up the Palace.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:08 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
I thought AWB was man of the match as he made some wonderful tackles and his attacking play was really good as well. I think against a team like Liverpool, Zaha should be playing on the left of 3 which would enable him to get on the ball more. There wasn't much space through the middle and when at the end he beat Alexander-Arnold and put in a great cross that Meyer nearly got on the end of I thought it was dimension that we had been missing.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:10 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Townsend mom. Hardly misplaced a pass, worked hard and nearly scored with an incredible shot.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:11 AM

KP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is here
Glad to see Roy as incensed as the rest of us not like him to be so angry after a match to reporters.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:12 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
think we were too slow getting the ball forward..... disappointing set pieces from Luka (apart from the saved free kick)...Can't understand how Benteke could get that shot so wrong. Bizarre.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:13 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
From Sky...
Hate that Egyptian tiny tot. If he’d put the lob chance away, fair enough, what a talent... but v soft pen... and he had lost control of ball just before AWB caught him later.
Carragher-the-Spitter had Virgil Van D love fest after match...but didn’t want to talk about the Meyer pen claim highlighted by Roy.
Anyway, pretty much saw it otherwise as previous posters. Benteke gets zero service from wide which is ridiculous when you see him outjump Carragher’s centreback of the century from a corner...However the Benteke ‘shot’ later was shite.
Would have loved to see a different problem presented to Liverpool rather than just a straight Sorloth swap for CB... Ayew?
Anyway onwards and upwards... Up the Palace.
Agree, we still dont get enough crosses in for Benteke
Old 21-08-2018, 12:14 AM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don’t want to be too harsh on Sorloth (we always say that) but I genuinely don’t see what he offers us. He just seems to stroll around without any threat. I would have preferred to keep Benteke on in all honesty.
Yup. Ok he was up against one of the leagues top defenders but really he doesn't look like he's got to grips with the physicality of English football.

If Wickham looks like he's gonna be fit in a month or so I'd be very tempted to loan Sorloth out.

I just don't see how the kid is going to get up to pace making 15 minute cameos against defenders that will have him in their pocket. I'm sure there's talent in there but not sure a bit part role is really worth it for anyone involved. Much rather we'd be bringing on Ayew.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:15 AM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
AWB, Tomkins and Hennessey were my MoM. I think we lost the game in midfield and probably a more solid 4 across the middle would have been better. Kouarte(sp?) would have helped. But whatever Salah did with his diving doesn't change that they are a better team than us and we need to forget, learn and move on to Watford.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:21 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
AWB was brilliant and our star player. Salah had actually lost control of the ball before being fouled. Although he was fouled it could be said that AWB didn't stop a direct scoring opportunity as the ball was out of Salah's control and he wouldn't have scored anyay. Feel sorry for AWB.

Not sure where we go with Benteke from here. He is seriously lacking in confidence. Maybe he will eventually play alongside Ayew with Zaha moving to the wing?

Zaha tried his best but he was a marked man. One particularly nasty challenge on him.

Unlucky tonight, being denied by a clear ref mistake.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:23 AM

CamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is here
I just wanted to say that I dislike Liverpool FC more than any other club and often dream about how much less tax I would pay if their scummy fans didn't exist.

Thought we played pretty well.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:25 AM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
We lost tonight against a team that will challenge Man City for the title and effectively lost to a pen that could have gone either way. The last goal was irrelevant. Could have easily got a draw tonight on another day. We should be proud of how how went toe to toe with them overall. They know they were in game tonight unlike how last weekend against WHU. We play like that and we’ll be fine.

That’s the way I look at it. We gave it a good go and we should not feel too dispirited about the result. Once Kouyate and Meyer get in the team I believe we will have more of an edge in midfield. Thought Tomkins, Townsend and Hennessy were outstanding tonight.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:26 AM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Disgusting performance from Oliver and Salah. One is an incompetent buffoon the other is a diving ****.

Oh what a surprise the diving apologists Neville and Liverpool fan Carragher (the spitter who should have been sacked by Sky) say it was a penalty! NO IT ******* WASN'T! Just watched it back. Minimal contact, which Salah initiates and he then leaps like a salmon, legs high in the air. These so called pundits would be slamming Zaha for diving if he had done that. Especially the racist **** Sutton.

I can always accept Palace losing fair and square. To lose having been cheated by Salah and Oliver makes me sick.

Hennessey 7 Some good saves. Some poor kicking at times. Not at fault for either goal.

Wan Bissaka 6 So disappointed he was sent off. Haven't had a chance to see it back. He made a great tackle on Mane first half. He was very brave going forward and did well defensively.
Tomkins 7 Solid game.
Sakho 7 Made one mistake over playing in the 1st half. Pretty cool on the ball throughout the game.
Van Aanholt 7 Got forward well. Composed and passed well.

Townsend 7 Worked so hard. He stopped so many Liverpool attacks. Really unlucky to hit the bar. Good movement.
Milivojevic 7 Great effort with the free kick. Did a lot of work off the ball.
McArthur 7 MOTM. I liked his all round game. Good going forward and good defensively. Bought down in the penalty area.
Schlupp 7 Thought he got tired as the game went on. He did start well though. Some good link up play with Van Aanholt and Wilf.

Zaha 7 Didn't quite happen for him. He did have a shot well saved from Allison and at times linked well with the team. I think he put a great ball across the six yard box which should have been scored near the end.
Benteke 7 Good battle with Van Dijk. Didn't get much service. One awful shot but glad he had a go.

Subs:
Sorloth 5 Thought he was poor. Should have had a tap in near the end from the pass across the six yard box.
Ward 6 Started with a poor clearance but went forward with purpose. He has a chance back in the team now.
Meyer 7 Should have won a penalty for being fouled by Van Dijk. Looked bright.

Oliver 0 Hang you head in shame you odious turd. ******* shambles. Got all the big calls wrong. Failed to book their players for repeated fouls all over the park.
Salah 0 Arsehole. I hope you cried when Sergio Ramos took you out.

This is why I route for the foreign teams. I was delighted Real Madrid beat Liverpool. Karius and Ramos are heroes.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:28 AM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Don't think I ever voted for a player who is sent off for motm he was terrific tonight
Old 21-08-2018, 12:35 AM

PemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is herePemboExpress Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
We played well, but were up against a very good team. In the first half we were doing the right moves but Keita in particular somehow always found himself one step ahead.

AWB & Tomkins can really pat themselves on the back.

Both Benteke and Zaha didn't really get to see much of the ball in the first half, second half Benteke let himself down a bit but had one great header, while Zaha started to get a hold towards the end of the game

Sakho was poor for the penalty really, he had a good second half at the end though

I did like the look of Meyer, he didn't do enough to go nuts but so far I like him
Thought Tomkins and AWB exceptional.

Benteke was our weak link yet again. Even when he got it under control he was then too slow in giving it and had it nicked from him.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:36 AM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Thought Hennessey, Tomkins and McArthur were good. AWB also, however he was out of position a few times here and there. Luka ok.

That performance was Sakho in a nutshell. Moments of near brilliance interspersed with moments of madness.

Great shot by Townsend and didn't do anything wrong, but besides that didn't have that much of an impact on the game.

PVA fine, Schlupp just ok.

Ward looked fairly sharp in his limited cameo. Will be interesting to see how he copes in a full match against Watford.

Benteke and Zaha both very poor. Don't remember the last time Wilf misplaced so many passes.

Sorloth offered very little in a good 20 mins of game time. I know Wickham could potentially benefit from going on loan to get some regular game time, but I'd almost be tempted to send Sorloth out and keep Wickham to compete with Benteke and Ayew. From what I've seen, he's just the better player.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:37 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Townsend, the way he kept the ball, and kept sprinting to cover. Also unlucky with the crossbar shot. Just heard Roy's sky interview and am so happy as everything he said I thought. And some people during the match were saying deffo pen etc, made me think am I going mad! Can't believe the pva one got given, won the ball and followed through, happens loads in a game, and it's nothing. We were on the break then all of a sudden we are losing and it's half time!