Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 70 14.43%
PVA 10 2.06%
Sakho 8 1.65%
Tomkins 53 10.93%
AWB 192 39.59%
Schlupp 6 1.24%
Jimmy Mac 78 16.08%
Luka 16 3.30%
Andros 41 8.45%
Zaha 7 1.44%
Benteke 3 0.62%
Sorloth 0 0%
Ward 0 0%
Meyer 1 0.21%
Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-08-2018, 12:38 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oliver knows if he gives the big clubs those sort of decisions he will be around a lot longer! Massive prick
Old 21-08-2018, 12:41 AM
Registered User?

Joooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoooe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
******* frustrating result, but to match them for most of the game was decent.

These first two games have given me a good feeling about the season. We look like we can beat the teams around us and put up a good battle against the top teams - maybe on another day take a few points away - keep this up and we'll be all good this year.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:42 AM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's rare that a 2-0 defeat fill me with this much confidence. We've played against a Liverpool team that are clearly the real deal and made them look average at best and barring a shocker of a penalty decision and being hit on the break when chasing an equaliser, we more than matched them

Hennessey - Outstanding again. It's amazing what a good coach and a bit of competition can do for a player.

AWB - I don't think I've ever seen a player at Palace who times a tackle as good as him. He was very unlucky with the red as he had no choice but to make the tackle. My only criticism is that he sometimes holds on to the ball too long going forward and loses it.

Tomkins - Solid as f**k

Sakho - Same as Tomkins. A little clumsy for the penalty despite Salah's theatrics.

PvA - Defended well and had some decent attacking moves but him and Wilf were not on each others' wavelength tonight and it really effected us going forward.

Townsend - Did a great job dealing with Robertson, did ok going forward and was so unlucky with that brilliant curling shot in the first half.

Luka - Poor set pieces. Him and Jimmy lost the midfield battle but when up against the like of Keita there's no shame in that.

McArthur - Like Luka not his best game but again, he was up against a great Liverpool midfield.

Schlupp - Did a good job both going forward and defensively. Not a standout but did his job

Wilf - Not his night. Made a couple of great runs, especially second half but was not at his best going forward. Did a good job helping out defensively though.

Benteke - As always I don't get the negativity. His hold up play was sublime and it was frustrating to see how isolated he was. A good example was in the first half when he got a ball played to his head when there was no one within 25 yards of him so he had to head it miles back into our half in the hope that a Palace player would win the second ball. All that said, that shot was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Subs:
Sorloth - Lively but didn't do a lot. There's a reason Benteke starts every week. He's young though and will come good.

Ward - Looked like a man trying to win his place back. Good cameo but AWB is just so good it's hard to see him playing much

Meyer - Had a look of class about him albeit in small flashes. It's hard to tell this early but it looks like he'll be really important for us once he's fully match fit
Old 21-08-2018, 12:42 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Not sure if I can remember a more encouraging defeat to be honest.

Gave a very good Liverpool team a real run for their money, even after going down to 10 men. With a bit of luck we'd have got a result (hit the bar, penalty decision could have gone other way).

But I'm not going to get too angry about it - we could have had a penalty against us at Fulham and I can see why it was given tonight.

Generally impressed by the performance, effort and attitude. If we can keep these players fit and Meyer, Kouyate and Ayew can add to it, then we can have a good season. Annoying defeat but lots of positives.

Sakho does so much right but that is twice in two games he has made a challenge that could have led to two penalties (not just one) and gave the ball away really badly quite early on too.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 21-08-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:43 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Liverpool are winning **** all this year.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:45 AM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
It looked like Salah could have stayed in his feet, but he was still legitimately impeded by the challenge and his shooting opportunity very likely could have been lost with nothing to gain from it. He'd turned Sakho and if there's no contract on his leg, he's definitely getting that shot off. But with the contact, he's probably not getting it off. Everybody's going down in that situation, that's just the game now.

As for giving the penalty, it's a judgement call, and one that most of us would expect was given to one of our players in the same situation.
Old 21-08-2018, 12:58 AM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got back from the game and fast forward the recording to see the controversial moments –

PVA’s challenge should never have been given as a foul. Won the ball clean and his follow through was not dangerous in any way.

Penalty was very soft. Still not convinced either way. If I am honest it’s the sort of decision that the “big Clubs” get.

AVB put in another terrific performance. Such a shame about the sending off.

RH interview – Can’t help but love the bloke.

Feel gutted about the result. If anyone needs cheering up then watch and listen to Gary Neville talking about Palace and our performance at the end. Top Man Gary.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:02 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Thought that Salah made a meal of the AWB challenge - verging on a dive.

Got him sent off and f*cked up our chances of getting anything out of the game although we gave it a bloody good shot.

VAR would have been useful.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:05 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I thought we played well and were denied by a dodgy penalty. He dives all day long. Oliver is pathetic. Cheating little ****. Thank you Ramos for ruining his night. I take pleasure in watching those subterranean ***** suffer. They spent £200m and were average.

We are a decent side but we need a new striker to partner Wilf. Maybe Ayew can be that player but either way I think we need someone who can move as Benteke is very static.

Hennessey - 6
Bissaka - 8 - class act. Our mom.
PvA - 6 - decent
Sakho - 7 - thought he was solid
Tomkins - 7 - the usual high standard

Luka - 7 - really good
McArthur - 6 - not sure he is central mid in a two. But great energy.
Townsend - 6 - same old, great workrate but limited in the final third.
Schlupp - 6 - always works hard but needs to be replaced imo

Wilf - 7 - not at his best but a threat at times
Benteke 5 - didn't seem to turn up. We can't keep carrying him. I still have hope as I thought he was decent against Fulham. But tonight was poor.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:09 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I don’t want to be too harsh on Sorloth (we always say that) but I genuinely don’t see what he offers us. He just seems to stroll around without any threat. I would have preferred to keep Benteke on in all honesty.
Totally agree, he looks like a league1 player to me, offers nothing. IfBentrke had to go off, try something different. Ayew would have been a better bet.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:22 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Totally agree, he looks like a league1 player to me, offers nothing. IfBentrke had to go off, try something different. Ayew would have been a better bet.
I'm assuming Ayew is not yet match fit and has not had enough time with the team yet.

I honestly think CB is probably better being used away from home and coming deep for others to come off him. The passing of Yo and pace and dribbling of RLC are big big misses. Hopefully Max and Jordan when fit will add that back.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:30 AM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorloth needs to be given a decent run before his written off .
Old 21-08-2018, 01:33 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
It looked like Salah could have stayed in his feet, but he was still legitimately impeded by the challenge and his shooting opportunity very likely could have been lost with nothing to gain from it. He'd turned Sakho and if there's no contract on his leg, he's definitely getting that shot off. But with the contact, he's probably not getting it off. Everybody's going down in that situation, that's just the game now.

As for giving the penalty, it's a judgement call, and one that most of us would expect was given to one of our players in the same situation.
Your joking there’s no way that ref would have given us a pen , if that was palace rather than liverpool
Old 21-08-2018, 01:37 AM

Eagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Townsend mom. Hardly misplaced a pass, worked hard and nearly scored with an incredible shot.

We must have been watching a different game, his first touch in the first half was absolutely shocking, lost possession numerous times and put us back under pressure.

Can't knock his worth ethic or that shot but I thought he was pretty average
Old 21-08-2018, 01:38 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I thought we played well and were denied by a dodgy penalty. He dives all day long. Oliver is pathetic. Cheating little ****. Thank you Ramos for ruining his night. I take pleasure in watching those subterranean ***** suffer. They spent £200m and were average.

We are a decent side but we need a new striker to partner Wilf. Maybe Ayew can be that player but either way I think we need someone who can move as Benteke is very static.

Hennessey - 6
Bissaka - 8 - class act. Our mom.
PvA - 6 - decent
Sakho - 7 - thought he was solid
Tomkins - 7 - the usual high standard

Luka - 7 - really good
McArthur - 6 - not sure he is central mid in a two. But great energy.
Townsend - 6 - same old, great workrate but limited in the final third.
Schlupp - 6 - always works hard but needs to be replaced imo

Wilf - 7 - not at his best but a threat at times
Benteke 5 - didn't seem to turn up. We can't keep carrying him. I still have hope as I thought he was decent against Fulham. But tonight was poor.
Ben was poor again ( Sorloth doesn’t try hard enough ) . If only we had a fit wickham.
Delivery on Set pieces poor to today , need to by pass Van dike.
Roy’s subs a bit safe , like for like .
Old 21-08-2018, 01:42 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Liverpool are winning **** all this year.
As usual.

The *****.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Delighted to see Roy simmering.

He doesn’t usually do that. Well done Roy, it needs saying.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:45 AM

Eagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinmk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I don’t want to be too harsh on Sorloth (we always say that) but I genuinely don’t see what he offers us. He just seems to stroll around without any threat. I would have preferred to keep Benteke on in all honesty.

I would be inclined to agree, well other than the last sentence.

What irritates me with him is he comes on and is strolling around the pitch, he's only on for the last 15/20 minutes, I want to see him busting a gut, running around and pressing the ball....exactly like Meyer did from the first moment he came on the pitch
Old 21-08-2018, 04:15 AM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
Quote:
We lost tonight against a team that will challenge Man City for the title and effectively lost to a pen that could have gone either way. The last goal was irrelevant. Could have easily got a draw tonight on another day. We should be proud of how how went toe to toe with them overall. They know they were in game tonight unlike how last weekend against WHU. We play like that and we’ll be fine.
Pretty much how I saw it. They obviously had quality, but we troubled them on occasion.
Old 21-08-2018, 04:28 AM

palace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace23 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
He won three headers.
He didn't give the ball away.
He made some good passes when we were attacking.
He is always looking to make the run into danger areas, unlike Benteke who is completely static and doesn't have a clue where to go.
Give the guy a chance he looks good.
He should start against Watford, Benteke looked clueless and has had more than enough chances better to drop him now and if he scores as a sub then he can get his confidence back.