Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 17-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Shower of shite, I'm not one for knee jerk reactions, but I've always thought Bell Drummond a promising opener and, personal opinion, think Bell was jettisoned too soon.

I'd bring them in for Ballance and Jennings,.

Wood hasn't been in vintage form, perhaps 12th man Rowland Jones might get a go
Old 17-07-2017, 08:31 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Shower of shite, I'm not one for knee jerk reactions, but I've always thought Bell Drummond a promising opener and, personal opinion, think Bell was jettisoned too soon.

I'd bring them in for Ballance and Jennings,.

Wood hasn't been in vintage form, perhaps 12th man Rowland Jones might get a go

Bell was jettisoned too soon. We can't talk about KP as it is too political

What worries me most is we have no one to replace Anderson and Broad at the moment, just have a look at the county circuit I can't see any one who can replace Anderson.

More doom and gloom I reckon
Old 17-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Bell was jettisoned too soon. We can't talk about KP as it is too political

What worries me most is we have no one to replace Anderson and Broad at the moment, just have a look at the county circuit I can't see any one who can replace Anderson.

More doom and gloom I reckon
100% agree about the bowling. Anderson and Broad are irreplaceable at the moment. Just no one who could step up if one or both got injured or retired. Add that issue to the weak batting at the moment, and the future is worrying imo
Old 17-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Perfetic

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
I'm sure their will be a Saffer born superstar waiting in the wings to pledge his allegiance to the Three Lions!
Old 17-07-2017, 09:00 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
just goes to show how pony first class cricket is in the UK when there is no one other than Rashid knocking on the door.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Bunned by Miderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Bowlers to watch:

Spin: Dom Bess at Somerset

Pace: Ben Coad, Yorks; Jamie Porter, Essex

Bowling All rounders: S Curran and T Curren, God's county; either Overton brother at Somerset

Bear in mind that I pencilled in Sam Northeast to open for England for ten years so take my list with a pinch of salt.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:56 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
S Curran and T Curren
As in Thomson and Thompson?

Old 17-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Bunned by Miderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
As in Thomson and Thompson?

Go and fornicate yourself on my dismal spellcheck, west currun boy.
Old 18-07-2017, 12:06 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Go and fornicate yourself on my dismal spellcheck, west currun boy.
Spellcheck would have made sure that both names were the same.

God bless.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:02 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Hales and Buttler in for Jennings and Ballance...reckon they can both do it. Still haven't given up on Hales in tests.
Old 18-07-2017, 08:11 AM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
still a chance for Onions and Mustard ?
Old 18-07-2017, 08:21 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Hales and Buttler in for Jennings and Ballance...reckon they can both do it. Still haven't given up on Hales in tests.
Much as they are talented players, we need some proper test batsman in there. Reality is we have cook and root as genuine world class test batsmen. It's no good batting down to 8 with all rounders if non of them are capable of playing a proper innings.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:10 AM

HOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would ditch the selectors
Do they watch county cricket ?
There are some good players out there -mustard at Gloucestershire for one and rashid -
To keep on with ballance and Jennings defied belief and playing Dawson was a joke
Hope we make the changes now ��
Old 18-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpauldrulez came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Need to get Hameed back into form for Lancashire so he can take his rightful place.

I'd get Stoneman and Foakes in there personally, but I'm a bit biased.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:59 AM
el ballothundero

Location: in a shed, turning lumps of willow into cricket bats
kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The team should really be:
Cook
Stoneman
Ali
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Woakes (Plunkett while not fit)
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

As much as I like mark Wood, I don't think he's a test match bowler. He doesn't trust his body enough to bowl at full tilt, which makes him a bit of a passenger.

Ali bats 3 for Worcestershire, so move him up the order. Rashid is the best spinner in the country, so pick him. Crane at hampshire seems to be developing, but should be given a season or 2.

Woakes should go in when fit, but the seam attack really needs variety. A left armer, maybe foottit, but he seems to have gone off the boil at Surrey and has moved to Notts as he was homesick.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 18-07-2017, 02:23 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would really like to see Rashid come into the side. He's proven he can bat at international level and he's clearly a better bowler than Dawson. Would also mean we have a mixture of orthodox and wrist spin.

Ballance simply must go he's had so many chances and never capitalised properly.

I'd give Jennings til the end of the series to prove his worth.

Wood isn't a test bowler, would like to see Plunkett personally.
Old 18-07-2017, 04:24 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like Ballance's latest comeback may be over due to injury, so who is next on the top-3 merry-go-round?

[p.s.]
Trevor Bayliss, the England coach, admitted after Trent Bridge that Stoneman and Essex's Tom Westley had been discussed as options ahead of the series and should be considered "on the edge" of the team

Last edited by spike; 18-07-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 18-07-2017, 07:37 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
100% agree about the bowling. Anderson and Broad are irreplaceable at the moment. Just no one who could step up if one or both got injured or retired. Add that issue to the weak batting at the moment, and the future is worrying imo
Yup, that is my biggest worry. Let's see what happens
Old 18-07-2017, 07:37 PM
I am a BAD MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
I'm sure their will be a Saffer born superstar waiting in the wings to pledge his allegiance to the Three Lions!
Old 18-07-2017, 07:38 PM
I am a BAD MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
I would ditch the selectors
Do they watch county cricket ?
There are some good players out there -mustard at Gloucestershire for one and rashid -
To keep on with ballance and Jennings defied belief and playing Dawson was a joke
Hope we make the changes now ��
The suits always watch a different game to us