Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it means raising money for a better player then I'm all for it. I think he's a great player but sometimes it's best to move on.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:47 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
And replace him with who for that much? I'm worth nearly that in today's market.

Who do you play for then?
Old 06-07-2017, 07:53 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
And replace him with who for that much? I'm worth nearly that in today's market.
15M would get you a very tidy midfielder in Europe with more years on his side and a better understanding of what FDB wants to do.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM

shropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineshropfan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why wouldn't JimmyMac understand what FDB wants to do? Has he undeclared learning difficulties?
Old 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
We currently have a first team squad of 22 (Mutch isn't listed in it)..
If we include the players who made an appearance last season and Jonny Williams then we have a 24 man squad.

That includes Souare (still not sure how far he is along the road to recovery), Mutch (would require a significant improvement to get anywhere near the team), Chungy, Damo and Sako (all fringe), Jonny (will he finally fulfill his potential) and KaiKai (no longer qualifies as an under 21 player).

LFC fansite

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 06-07-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:05 AM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You're worth the same as Luka? There's players that good available for that price range in the rest of Europe.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by shropfan View Post
Why wouldn't JimmyMac understand what FDB wants to do? Has he undeclared learning difficulties?

Scottish
Old 06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I think some of the negative and 'writing him off comments' are more than harsh but I do think he is likely to be sold to raise cash etc. When fully fit Macca has shown he can play an effective role in the middle and covers a huge amount of ground combining ball winning and some tidy distribution. He has even popped up with a few goals. He got injured and watching him it looked like he returned early and struggled to recover his normal match fitness. We were struggling for players and he didn't let us down.

Having said all of that, he is probably one of the candidates we have available to move on to raise some cash and make room for improvements in the middle. Just because that is the case doesn't diminish his ability and he has always been committed to the cause and deserves respect whether he stays or goes surely.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:45 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by shropfan View Post
Yes

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
jimmy Mac, a bit like Dann, is a player that we all would like to keep without a doubt. Obviously we are just speculating about budgets, but if we do need to sell to raise funds then I can see him being sold.. but only to fund a replacement of FdB's choice. However he may impress FdB.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
I'd prefer to see someone come in and get settled before we lost another CM - we are short enough as it is in that position, and if we are looking at a younger player to replace him, I'd rather there was a 6 month - year crossover to give them time to adjust and settle.

However, last summer our big purchases were financed by the sales of Yala and Gayle, so I do expect at least one sale this summer to balance out the spend. I think he's worth more than 10 million though - a very experienced energetic Premier League quality central midfielder should be at least 15 million.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
McArthur is an odd one. if he can be an energetic midfielder then he's a player we want to keep without a doubt. But coming back from injury he wasn't that player at all. Do we gamble that the injury lead to the huge lack of fitness he displayed in the second half given he hasn't got long on his contract, or do we sell now, get some money in to put towards a replacement and let someone else take that gamble?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great player and grafter who we should keep. If someone offered 15m then yes you have to consider that and I would probably take it but no one is going to! I reckon we'd get offered 6-8m at most.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
He's perfect back up, well settled. That alone Has some monetary value.
But as we have a new coach if someone offers 15m we could use that wisely.
I thought we might have learned the value of keeping a slightly bigger squad.
It leaves very short on CM's
Old 06-07-2017, 10:19 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=CharlieCPFC;13719773]15M would get you a very tidy midfielder in Europe with more years on his side and a better understanding of what FDB wants to do.[/QUOTE

I agree McArthur has not looked same player since injury at end of 2015-16 season , but seems an odd comment about not understanding what FDB wants to do ?
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM

TC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
gotta be something seriously wrong if we want to offload Jimmy Mac ahead of Mutch and Lee
Old 06-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC EAGLE View Post
gotta be something seriously wrong if we want to offload Jimmy Mac ahead of Mutch and Lee
But is anyone actually suggesting that - I doubt it.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
No one is going to offer decent money for Mutch or Lee and no one would match their wages. They are not really assets that would bring much in. We will probably be left with both of them until their contracts end.

IF we do need to raise funds for other signings, it is people like McArthur who still have transfer value but won't be first choice starters who are our only real options to sell.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:24 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
this. I really rate Jimmy Mac
Old 06-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
No one is going to offer decent money for Mutch or Lee and no one would match their wages. They are not really assets that would bring much in. We will probably be left with both of them until their contracts end.

IF we do need to raise funds for other signings, it is people like McArthur who still have transfer value but won't be first choice starters who are our only real options to sell.
More inspired signings by Pardew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017