Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Wakarua
Old 26-11-2003, 11:11 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got back today from 3.5 week holiday following England in Australia.
I watched the last four England games plus took in Aus v Jocks in Brisbane as well. The Uruguay game was a bit of a beer/jet lag haze and a nice easy win. The welsh game had the most fantastic atmosphere with 25000 English fans and a fair few welsh packing Caxton street for 4-5 hours before the game, all boozing together and all behaving. The suncorp stadium is great, a proper rugby/football ground with none of the big areas behind the posts that reduce the atmosphere in the bigger grounds. I purchased a chicken a chips dinner at halftime, the whole process took me about 45 seconds!!!Simon Jordon please note. Same with the bars, beers pulled ready waiting for you. Added two pints and two bundy and cokes to my halftime feast and was back in my seat five minutes before the restart. Wales played well and must admit to being well nervous at halftime, but England came through fairly easily 2nd half.

We then drove down the coast taking five days arriving in Sydney Friday evening. The telstra stadium is huge and impressive, again everything well organised. Mind you so the should be with a 2 year old purpose built Olympic park. Got loads of mouth off aussies at the england/france game about our inability to score tries, most of the gob is good humoured although plenty of it over steps the mark. Personally I think the aussies knew they could beat the French but would struggle against us in the final. Game was good, England cruised through the 2nd half and I even had dry seats.

We then endured 6 days of banter with the locals, and had the pleasure of reading the aussie press all week. I know the fleet street boys can get a bit carried away but these chaps really take the biscuit. W*nkers the lot of them. Arrived at the stadium at 15:00....5 hours before kick-off!!
to soak up the atmosphere and some beer in the well run rugby zone beer tent. England fans easily out singing the one songed aussies in the beer tent before hand, we got even louder as it started to rain.

Had a seat right on the halfway line opposite the tunnel but right up in the gods about 15 rows from the back. The crowd seemed a fairly even spilt, probably about 40000 aus,30000 England and assortment of others. Most of the kiwi's/sa were backing England, most of the welsh/scots were predictable backing the home side.

Anyway you have all seen the game and will have your own oppinions on it.I thought england dominated and without 3-4 silly F*ck ups would of won easily by 10-12 points.Anyway fair play to the aussies they play very well and were all gracoius losers,except the prime minister.

Roll on france 2007

Good points

brisbane/cairns weather
Cheapish beer
Good food
suncorp/caxton st versus welsh
we win

bad points

Sydney weather
aussie press
Old 26-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
Having recently spent six years in England I have a slightly less strine accent than most here. This week that has resulted in me being unexpectedly congratulated by two people at work for the victory on Saturday. Weird.

to be fair your accent is probably half aussie/half english Graham

Plus you don't say things like"yuuu liddle bewdy" and such so people get confused
Old 27-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses growMalakite knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by Payney
Just got back today from 3.5 week holiday following England in Australia.
I watched the last four England games plus took in Aus v Jocks in Brisbane as well. The Uruguay game was a bit of a beer/jet lag haze and a nice easy win. The welsh game had the most fantastic atmosphere with 25000 English fans and a fair few welsh packing Caxton street for 4-5 hours before the game, all boozing together and all behaving. The suncorp stadium is great, a proper rugby/football ground with none of the big areas behind the posts that reduce the atmosphere in the bigger grounds. I purchased a chicken a chips dinner at halftime, the whole process took me about 45 seconds!!!Simon Jordon please note. Same with the bars, beers pulled ready waiting for you. Added two pints and two bundy and cokes to my halftime feast and was back in my seat five minutes before the restart. Wales played well and must admit to being well nervous at halftime, but England came through fairly easily 2nd half.

We then drove down the coast taking five days arriving in Sydney Friday evening. The telstra stadium is huge and impressive, again everything well organised. Mind you so the should be with a 2 year old purpose built Olympic park. Got loads of mouth off aussies at the england/france game about our inability to score tries, most of the gob is good humoured although plenty of it over steps the mark. Personally I think the aussies knew they could beat the French but would struggle against us in the final. Game was good, England cruised through the 2nd half and I even had dry seats.

We then endured 6 days of banter with the locals, and had the pleasure of reading the aussie press all week. I know the fleet street boys can get a bit carried away but these chaps really take the biscuit. W*nkers the lot of them. Arrived at the stadium at 15:00....5 hours before kick-off!!
to soak up the atmosphere and some beer in the well run rugby zone beer tent. England fans easily out singing the one songed aussies in the beer tent before hand, we got even louder as it started to rain.

Had a seat right on the halfway line opposite the tunnel but right up in the gods about 15 rows from the back. The crowd seemed a fairly even spilt, probably about 40000 aus,30000 England and assortment of others. Most of the kiwi's/sa were backing England, most of the welsh/scots were predictable backing the home side.

Anyway you have all seen the game and will have your own oppinions on it.I thought england dominated and without 3-4 silly F*ck ups would of won easily by 10-12 points.Anyway fair play to the aussies they play very well and were all gracoius losers,except the prime minister.

Roll on france 2007

Good points

brisbane/cairns weather
Cheapish beer
Good food
suncorp/caxton st versus welsh
we win

bad points

Sydney weather
aussie press
Great post mate, thanks!