Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
England v Pakistan

Shocked there isnt a thread already on this!

Series starts tomorrow, with neither team really looking like the favourites to win.

England will moan about injuries - Vaughan, S Jones and Freddy. Possibly Hoggard. Giles is no loss, with Panesar in the side.

Pakistan too have injuries, and maybe to more important players - Shoaib Akhtar is out. Rana-Naved, our best bowler in English conditions is out. Mohammed Asif, who has excelled in the last 9 months is out. and Shoaib Malik, opening batsman and off-break bowler is also out.

Should be an interesting series - I make English slight favourites, being the home side and with an injury list which isnt as detrimental as Pakistan's....
Old 12-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I reckon Englands list slightly beats Pakistans.

Captain, talisman, two fast bowlers and spinner all missing
Old 12-07-2006, 08:14 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by elliott
I reckon Englands list slightly beats Pakistans.

Captain, talisman, two fast bowlers and spinner all missing
not so sure - Panesar is a better spinner than Giles. So Giles is no loss.

I would say Akhtar, Asif and Rana as a combo are a killer to be missing. I think England have a wider scope of injuries, whereas it seems Pakistan's injuries are all in one area (plu of course Malik - priceless all-rounder)
Old 12-07-2006, 08:21 PM

transworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bagtransworld has got sunshine in a bag
I think Giles is a better all round player than Monty, Giles is better in the field and with the bat, bowling wise Monty probably edges it as he is more attacking.

I think England will win the series, it's their last before Australia, and after Sri Lanka they can only get better, it's time for the people who have come in for the likes of Jones and Flintoff etc to stand up and show what they can do and stop moaning about injuries. Looking forward to seeing Sami bowl he was impressive at Kent.

Anyway, I will be there Friday seeing it up close so I will let you know more after that.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm going to the Friday of the Oval, its going to be very tight and I shall predict 1-1

Look for Bell to score well at Lords.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Cricket is soooooo 2005
Old 13-07-2006, 01:56 AM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You know what's expected from down here Klinx.
Old 13-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Lone Coyote

Steve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve in Phoenix : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
not so sure - Panesar is a better spinner than Giles. So Giles is no loss.

I would say Akhtar, Asif and Rana as a combo are a killer to be missing. I think England have a wider scope of injuries, whereas it seems Pakistan's injuries are all in one area (plu of course Malik - priceless all-rounder)
Huh? And all-rounders like Flintoff are two a penny?

Giles was not in the team for his attacking wicket-taking prowess but as a defensive guy - replacing him with Panesar isnt a wash as they're pretty different. We can only hope Panesar does contribute. Plus with so many bowlers out, experience is valuable. Harmison and Hoggard is just two out of our usual 5 man attack and both are just returning from injury. Anderson is also out.

Looks like a series for batsmen to prosper in.
Old 13-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
Taking cricket off terrestrial TV has essentially killed it stone dead for me. I wonder how many others without access to Sky etc. feel the same way?

England being an overall lousy and inconsistent cricket team also doesn't help in stimulating impending excitement for the series. They've been a massive disappointment since winning the Ashes series and have failed to progress in any way, shape or form since then. In fact, they have done the opposite and gone massively backwards.

Frankly, I couldn’t care less how well Pakistan beat England. Cricket is now only available to a viewing minority to watch these days and accordingly, I view it now as a minority sport of little consequence.
Old 13-07-2006, 10:50 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
England batting 55-0 off nine overs.

Better than any of the starts we had in the 1 dayers I reckon!
Old 13-07-2006, 10:55 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
And of course, the minuite I post that we lose a wicket!!

Trescothick Caught behind for 16. 60-1.
Old 13-07-2006, 11:01 AM
bit scummish really

Strauss LBW. 60-2
Old 13-07-2006, 11:06 AM
bit scummish really

62-2 Cook dropped at slip.

Last edited by Radders; 13-07-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 13-07-2006, 11:16 AM
master of puppets

cpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weed
Re: England v Pakistan

Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins

Giles is no loss, with Panesar in the side.

But he can't bat, at all.
Old 13-07-2006, 11:29 AM
bit scummish really

KP gone for a quick 21.

Old 13-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Getting in before playing a loose shot, story sound familiar?
Old 13-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Was missing by a mile though. Poor decision.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
Getting in before playing a loose shot, story sound familiar?
The whole point was he wasn't playing a shot.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-07-2006, 11:41 AM
bit scummish really

102-3

Great run rate but this is a TEST MATCH!!
Old 13-07-2006, 11:43 AM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
The whole point was he wasn't playing a shot.
Although he has gotta play that way, you always think he can be out at any time. On the radio they drooled over every boundary he hit but I thought to myself it's just a matter of time!!!