Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 12-08-2018, 05:15 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
The answer from Dorking Eagle is almost certainly "yes" but has anyone still got one of the flags that loads of people in the Holmesdale seemed to have?

I had gone straight in the Old Stand enclosure with my dad so didn't see anyone selling them.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
To put it into context for our younger fans the highest attendance in the whole league that season would have been 55,000 - 57,000. Man U or Arsenal. No one had a bigger capacity.

Now every fan that was there that night knew the official figure was 51,801 but also that a few thousand got in unofficially. 54,000 was probably a truer attendance. And this was the second division.
Old 13-08-2018, 08:41 PM

morrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Yep I was there as as an 18 year old great night
Old 14-08-2018, 01:14 AM
cpfc since october 1966

palacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Yes, I was there, half way up at the Whitehorse end.
Certainly been some magical moments.....
Old 14-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Jet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJet Pierrier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My 1st game. A night of wonder.
Old 14-08-2018, 08:47 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Pierrier View Post
My 1st game. A night of wonder.

Wow what a first game.
Old 14-08-2018, 09:01 PM

leslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Even got served after in the Clifton, imagine that these days with a crowd that size. Then went to the supporters club where Venables and Bloye turned up, Great night.
Old 19-08-2018, 10:27 AM
PALACE FAN SINCE `62

tamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetamlamotowner : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there!
Old 19-08-2018, 10:42 AM

Waterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkWaterloo sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
In the Old Stand enclosure.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:57 AM

eltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteltron came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by moverman View Post
I was there with a load of mates from Norbury.
It was a Friday night game on the eve of the Arsenal v Man Utd F A Cup final.
We got to the ground around 6.45pm and made our way halfway down the Holmesdale.
It was obvious from the crowds around Selhurst that it was going to be a record gate..
We went back to the Wilton Arms afterwards to celebrate, we left about 2am but heard that people were still drinking till 4am..
One of the girls with us that night was Joanna Freeman from Streatham, she moved not long afterwards to the USA. We lost touch but met up last year in north Carolina, she told me it was the last game she attended..
...did she know the capital of Bolivia?
Old 11-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltron View Post
...did she know the capital of Bolivia?
B??
Old 01-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Probationary User

Invicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhinoInvicta Eagle is game warden to the rep rhino
Whenever we play Burnley at home it reminds me of this match and I remembered this evening that I hadnít added myself to this thread. Todayís 2-0 scoreline was particularly apt.

I was standing about halfway back in the old stand enclosure with my Dad, my brother-in-law and a couple of friends. It was clear when we arrived at the ground and saw the queues that it was going to be a huge crowd. I donít recall being nervous about the match and was confident that we would play well and win.

Travelling home afterwards I was sure that we had the foundations of a young team who would challenge for trophies and remain in the first division for years to come. A few years later I had learned as a Palace fan not to take anything for granted !
Old 04-12-2018, 07:52 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Eagle View Post
Whenever we play Burnley at home it reminds me of this match and I remembered this evening that I hadnít added myself to this thread. Todayís 2-0 scoreline was particularly apt.
I said that to a mate on Saturday, itís one of the more mundane premier league games we can play, but you sometimes forget that Burnley were part of one of the biggest games in our history!!

And I still canít get my head around it being nearly 40 years ago
Old 04-12-2018, 09:42 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
It was only about the third or fourth game I had been to, Spring 1979 was a good time for an eleven year old to start supporting Palace. I thought all seasons would be like that one.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:54 PM

wyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewyldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yep my last year at Thomas More and a few of us went from school, never never forget that night as long as I live !!!!!
Old 04-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Erect member

windy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in the Whitehorse that night for the game. Am I right in thinking that this was the night the dugout collapsed due to the amount of fans jumping up and down on it??
Old 04-12-2018, 10:42 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Anyone go to the Wimbledon/Leeds replay?
I'm sure there was about 45,000 there with 40,000 odd of us cheering on Wimbledon.
Yes. There were a lot of Leeds there that night in the Whitehorse as well.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:10 PM
earlybirds

wolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwolfiecpfc was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
i was 15 was in the new stand

new earlybirds web site
Old 09-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Probationary User

bob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weedbob Dillon is AJ vs the 'weed
Got in just before kick off - stood at the back of the Holmesdale. Didn't get a proper view of the game until about 20 minutes in. Fantastic scenes at the end. Pandemonium in the streets coming away; couldn't get into a pub until the WG Grace about 2 miles away.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:57 PM

Mick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick Karnival : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Back of the old stand with me dad. I was 11.