Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
It had a few respected campaigning journalists and some decent editors, but it was always a bit rough around the edges.
I do, surprisingly, agree with Biggin that the Guardian should f*ck off and die. I was a subscriber for decades, but its hypocrisy finally got to me. The new format - it now looks like an 80's trade paper - is a disgrace.
Oh my.......really?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post
I used to work in the newspaper/magazine wholesale industry until I got made redundant in 2009. As far as Iím concerned, if all newspapers and magazines got shut down tomorrow, and all their staff, and the staff of the big wholesalers and distributors also lost their jobs, Iíd love it. An extreme view, but one with which I am comfortable.
So you would like all existing journalists to lose their jobs?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
I used to work in the newspaper/magazine wholesale industry until I got made redundant in 2009. As far as Iím concerned, if all newspapers and magazines got shut down tomorrow, and all their staff, and the staff of the big wholesalers and distributors also lost their jobs, Iíd love it. An extreme view, but one with which I am comfortable.
what does bhb stand for...? Brighton & Hove Bullshit?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:49 PM

bhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes. Just like I lost my job. Anyway, how many ‘journalists’ do these outfits employ these days?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:53 PM

bhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebhb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
So you would like all existing journalists to lose their jobs?
Yes
Old 09-02-2018, 08:53 PM

Last edited by bhb; 09-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
what does bhb stand for...? Brighton & Hove Bullshit?
Classy.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Yes. Just like I lost my job. Anyway, how many Ďjournalistsí do these outfits employ these days?
My wife...which allows me to do the childcare.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Classy.
YOU are the one who wants everybody involved in print journalism to lose their jobs
Old 09-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Glad....All Over!

Sad bitter old trout
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 PM

Yes, I do. I lost my job, due to the machinations of the newspaper industry. As an aside, I’m not in any way bothered about your child care arrangements. Nobody worried about my child care arrangements when I lost my job, and nor would I have expected them to.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Sad bitter old trout
Stalker
Old 09-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Yes, I do. I lost my job, due to the machinations of the newspaper industry. As an aside, Iím not in any way bothered about your child care arrangements. Nobody worried about my child care arrangements when I lost my job, and nor would I have expected them to.
SO...you want everybody who works in Journalism to be made redundant because you lost your job?
Old 09-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Glad....All Over!

Brighton and Hove Bullshitter?
Old 09-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Glad....All Over!

I'm Lester the Night Fly... Hello Baton Rouge.......
Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Stalker
wayne Kerr
Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
SO...you want everybody who works in Journalism to be made redundant because you lost your job?
As a ‘sad bitter old trout’, why wouldn’t I? What did journalists do for me when I lost my job?
Old 09-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
Yes, I do. I lost my job, due to the machinations of the newspaper industry. As an aside, Iím not in any way bothered about your child care arrangements. Nobody worried about my child care arrangements when I lost my job, and nor would I have expected them to.
I think you need help.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yes, I do. I lost my job, due to the machinations of the newspaper industry.l.
Maybe due to to the machinations of people in the newspaper industry.

But obviously not the industry itself, which clearly cannot act of its own volition.

Either therefore you are trolling or being an idiot.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Glad....All Over!

Quote:
As a Ďsad bitter old troutí, why wouldnít I? What did journalists do for me when I lost my job?
As a Brighton supporting troll can't they find you work on the Argus. As an agony aunt?