Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-06-2015, 07:11 AM

zealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screenzealant has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I love metal music up until now. College days were the best because of it
Old 16-06-2015, 08:49 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still love my metal but more fresh bands need to come through for my liking. We had a revival after the 80's thrash in the mid to late 90's. Then the so called NWOAHM (New wave of American Heavy Metal) in the early 2000's but since then we haven't had a band that's come along and taken metal by the scruff of the horns and said "I'm running with this bitch".

Though saying that Babymetal came to my attention last year and they are taking off. The musicians in that band are just unreal and the production of the album is just the best of the best.
Old 20-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I dunno, I was a bit disappointed. My favourite ISIS albums are ones with more growling than singing and this was just a little to 'meh' for me.
For me, they peaked with Celestial, but that was always going to be a hard one to follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Going to mastodon brixton tonight.
It's amazing how far those guys have come. I remember seeing them in a bar here in Atlanta with Isis and Dalek many centuries ago.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 23-06-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Since I'm gonna be in Japan in a couple of weeks, formulating my concert list.

COHOL - "Fall to the Ground"

PALM - "Rot Away/Holy Domination"

Last edited by Funk Butter; 23-10-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it just me or is the new Metallica songs released so far from hardwired all terrible?Worse than St Anger Terrible. Considering over the past few years loafs of the old school Judas Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax and Iron Maiden have released their best albums for over a decade I had high hopes.

Lots of great metal albums though this year. Loving the recent Epica and Opeth albums
Old 09-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Around the Fur

Seba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betraySeba is like ice, their footing does betray
Heard the new Hardwired song a few times on the radio over here. Like it. Decent offering. Definitely better than anything on St Anger. That was all just a loada crap.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:46 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Is it just me or is the new Metallica songs released so far from hardwired all terrible?Worse than St Anger Terrible. Considering over the past few years loafs of the old school Judas Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax and Iron Maiden have released their best albums for over a decade I had high hopes.

Lots of great metal albums though this year. Loving the recent Epica and Opeth albums
Hetfield's riffs and vocals were decent but Kirk sounds lazier than ever (awful solos) and Lars added nothing apart from presumably insisting on the drums being far too prominent in the mix. At least it isn't brickwalled, I guess...
Old 12-10-2016, 12:12 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Dayshell just released their new album called Nexus. Dayshell have Shayley Bourget as their singer, who used to be in Of Mice and Men. This album ain't necessarily "metal" (like, at all), but it's still ******* quality stuff.

Last edited by Malarkey; 12-10-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:50 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Goth metal

Within Temptation
Nightwish (with Tarja)
Old 12-10-2016, 01:05 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
New Dillinger Escape Plan on Friday? YES PLEASE.

Shame it's their last album before splitting up...
Old 12-10-2016, 02:30 PM

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Dayshell just released their new album called Nexus. Dayshell have Shayley Bourget as their singer, who used to be in Of Mice and Men. This album ain't necessarily "metal" (like, at all), but it's still ******* quality stuff.
good album, better than their debut for me. Of Mice have gone badly downhill since selling out, their last two albums have been proper shit. Like a 3 year old trying to make nu metal...
Old 13-10-2016, 11:50 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
good album, better than their debut for me. Of Mice have gone badly downhill since selling out, their last two albums have been proper shit. Like a 3 year old trying to make nu metal...
Yeah, not been as big a fan of the last couple of albums. Shaley Bourget made them tick tbh. The best part of them now is their new clean vocalist, Aaron Pauley, who they took from Jamie's Elsewhere. I wish Jamie's Elsewhere had stayed together, their album "They Said a Storm Was Coming" is one of my favourite albums (listen to it if you haven't already heard it, near perfection imo). Pauley left after that album and they were never the same, then eventually just split up.

I've just started listening to Dance Gavin Dance, liking what I'm hearing atm
Old 17-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
New Dillinger Escape Plan on Friday? YES PLEASE.

Shame it's their last album before splitting up...
thoughts?

it's pretty brutal, need a few more listens i think.

got tickets for the forum show, will be emotional.

XBox Live Gamertag - RuptureRapture
twitter - @rupturerapture
last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 25-10-2016, 04:20 AM
Panty Organizer

Vision of Fatima - "Fall Into Rapture"

Not precisely metal.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:33 AM
Panty Organizer

Babymetal - "Sis Anger" Cover

Old 04-03-2017, 09:06 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Been listening to a lot more metal recently. Lots of slower stuff. Earth, King Woman, ISIS, Sumac, Cult Of Luna.

Need more recs...
Old 04-03-2017, 02:26 PM

High on Fire's last 4 or so albums
Old 26-05-2017, 03:47 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Met Rammstein on Wednesday night at Cafe De Paris, signing event to coincide with the DVD/live album release. Saw them play at Download Paris last summer best live band I've ever seen by a country mile and to top it off they're thoroughly decent lads
Old 12-10-2017, 11:02 AM
43% Burnt

New Chelsea Wolfe is pretty great.