Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 26-07-2006, 01:45 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
Or his agent?
If I was his agent he would have signed and be preparing to make his debut for the Palace tonight

On a serious note, I really hope this happens. I am not obsessed with the man as it is being made out. I just rate his VERY high as a player, and this would be a fantastic coup for our club. Fingers crossed this can end in the right outcome for us
Old 26-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have followed this thread since it begun, from when it looked off to right now when its right back on again

would LOVE to sign him, would be my first WOW signing for a while, and I think the would-be record fee is justified. Whatever you do Bob get this one over the line!
Old 26-07-2006, 01:54 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
If I was his agent he would have signed and be preparing to make his debut for the Palace tonight

On a serious note, I really hope this happens. I am not obsessed with the man as it is being made out. I just rate his VERY high as a player, and this would be a fantastic coup for our club. Fingers crossed this can end in the right outcome for us
I completely agree Dave. I am genuinely excited about the prospect of us signing Nugent, although transfers are rarely simple when it comes to Palace and I'd be surprised if we get him.

This is exactly the type of signing to recpature the imagination of the Palace fans and send us into the start of the season with renewed optimism. It's essential that we get one or two players of this ilk as, if McAnuff does indeed leave, I can't think of any remaining players at the club who would excite the fans. I'm praying we get Nugent, along with a quality central midfielder and one more defender. That would make my trip to Ipswich a lot more enjoyable!
Old 26-07-2006, 01:55 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LP
It's about having a manager who is able to get the best out of top players without losing the team ethic which you need. Under Dowie we ended up with one tactic, hoof and hope it to AJ, Taylor must make sure that if Nugent comes we get the best out of him without developing such an over reliance on him.
Then there is the fans, the expectation, not sure he would have dealt with the same sort of pressure at Preston so could he handle it. Would the fans give him time if he hit a dry spell.

I think he is a good player and will score goals at this and possibly premiership level BUT he is being hyped way to much and i fear that would do him no favours if he were to come here.
Old 26-07-2006, 01:59 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Then there is the fans, the expectation, not sure he would have dealt with the same sort of pressure at Preston so could he handle it. Would the fans give him time if he hit a dry spell.

I think he is a good player and will score goals at this and possibly premiership level BUT he is being hyped way to much and i fear that would do him no favours if he were to come here.
Gonzo, this lad is a top young footballer and would let his talent do the talking. This would be very similar to Ashton joining Norwich. Quite a big fee but Norwich had no doubts that he would deliver, and they were right (Yes, they didnt stay up, but he nearly kept them up with his goals in the Premiership)
Old 26-07-2006, 02:03 PM
BBS addict

LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Quote:

Lets not sign any good players then, at least we won't have any expectations then?

Truth is all players have to deal with expectancy, look at AJ now at Everton being mobbed by their fans and being the centre of attention. It comes with territory. Nugent comes accross on the pitch as a very confident player anyway, he'd handle the expectancy of fans at a modest club like us. It's not like he'd be joining Real Madrid or someone.

Spike Milligan
Old 26-07-2006, 02:05 PM

tjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptian
Cant see him moving to another Championship team yet - I think he will only move to a Prem league club in the next few years or stay at Preston.

Hope Im wrong but Palace wont pay over 3.5m for him and Preston are only willing to sell at 4.5m

Gap of 1m is too big a difference and Bury are also owed money on such a deal.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:07 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LP
he'd handle the expectancy of fans at a modest club like us. It's not like he'd be joining Real Madrid or someone.
50 pages and nothing in the press to confirm, just rumours, a modest club? Think you underestimate the expectancy levels at Palace.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:13 PM
BBS addict

LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.LP will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
Quote:
50 pages and nothing in the press to confirm, just rumours, a modest club? Think you underestimate the expectancy levels at Palace.
Palace are modest, Selhurst is hardly Old Trafford, The Nou Camp or the San Siro is it?

I don't think our fans are as impatiant as you make out anyway, if the guy signs he'll be given time to settle by the fans.

Spike Milligan
Old 26-07-2006, 02:26 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Conflicting opinions on the Preston messageboards.
One person is fairly convinced he will sign for us this week, another claims he will only go when he has proven his fitness after illness/injury, and another reckons he's about to move into a new gaff in Preston.
Nothing about his absence from their squad last night.
Take your pick....
Old 26-07-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista
Conflicting opinions on the Preston messageboards.
One person is fairly convinced he will sign for us this week, another claims he will only go when he has proven his fitness after illness/injury, and another reckons he's about to move into a new gaff in Preston.
Nothing about his absence from their squad last night.
Take your pick....
So 2 out of the 3 reckon its on one way or another...sounds promising. This is the first time their fans have started to say it will happen
Old 26-07-2006, 02:34 PM

Is there a bigger Preston message board than this...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems to be quiet on there.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OMG OMG OMG OMG He is signing

Oh no, it must be the heat getting to me
Old 26-07-2006, 02:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
So 2 out of the 3 reckon its on one way or another...sounds promising. This is the first time their fans have started to say it will happen
Someone also reckons that Blackburn might be in for him.
A couple of the posters claim personal contact with Nugent, and they aren't the ones intimating that he might join us.

Doesn't matter who's interested - it all boils down to money, and as far as we know, Palace are the only club to put a hefty wad on the table so far.
If Palace have, reportedly, bid 3.5m, I can't see that being the start of any substantial bidding war - anyone else would have to be nuts to pay more than that for him at this stage in his career.
Cue Wigan......
Old 26-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What shirt number has he got then? 8,9, 10, and 11 have gone havent they?? We have his nickname and song, so we need a shirt number, I reckon 99.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista
Someone also reckons that Blackburn might be in for him.
A couple of the posters claim personal contact with Nugent, and they aren't the ones intimating that he might join us.

Doesn't matter who's interested - it all boils down to money, and as far as we know, Palace are the only club to put a hefty wad on the table so far.
If Palace have, reportedly, bid 3.5m, I can't see that being the start of any substantial bidding war - anyone else would have to be nuts to pay more than that for him at this stage in his career.
Cue Wigan......
I saw the one about him buying a house, but that means nout in football....AJ still owns a property down in the south, so maybe Nugent buying a house is a long term investment?

All I know if that Nugent has spoken to Taylor and we have made a bid. I just hate all the waiting around.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:44 PM

tjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptiantjmill walks like an Egyptian
LLCoolSteve you must have some news on this signing?
Old 26-07-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjmill
He is being sarcastic
Old 26-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Originally posted by tjmill
I heard it was a swap deal for Ward, Kiraly, Watson, Morrison and us giving them 2million.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Anyone know who Nugent's agent is?